Q Magazine - 1990-2020 Thirty Years of Green Day

Rumpelstiltskin2000

I remember when Lazy Bones leaked and I listened to it and thought "this surely isn't autobiographical"

Not saying this is the case again, just that we don't know.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Beyza said:

I think he meant it’s not exactly like autobiographical. There is definitely some connection to his life but the line is like a general cliche rock n roll quote but at the same time he feels connected in some way so wrote it. Probably this whole album doesn't contain so much personal lyrics as RevRad imo

While the line may not be strictly autobiographical that doesn’t mean he’s not connecting with it on some personal level. I think he described it as hearing about all these deaths of musicians in the news and thinking if he wasn’t careful he could easily be one of them, like he could imagine it. As a musician with a similar lifestyle it was just a relatable feeling. 

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I remember when Lazy Bones leaked and I listened to it and thought "this surely isn't autobiographical"

On some level all of his music is autobiographical but some songs describe literal events and others are just things he feels but that haven’t happened or subconscious thoughts. Lazy Bones is one of the former.

12 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I love that song so much... It makes me sad it's autobiographical though. No wonder it's so good-- it's clearly very raw.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

While the line may not be strictly autobiographical that doesn’t mean he’s not connecting with it on some personal level. I think he described it as hearing about all these deaths of musicians in the news and thinking if he wasn’t careful he could easily be one of them, like he could imagine it. As a musician with a similar lifestyle it was just a relatable feeling. 

Yes, I agree. It’s not possible for him to not felt relatable but still that doesn’t make it autobiographical. So, I thought he just meant that didn’t contradict with himself 

Just now, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Oh geez that caption :lol: Are shitty jokes like that what we have to look forward to in this era? Hella mega was bad enough :P

On 2/11/2020 at 11:58 AM, Beerjeezus said:

He said he's avoiding any drugs that work as downers which implies he's open to doing other kinds of drugs.

It’s  possible that when referring to downers he’s talking about prescription ones such as certain sleep and anxiety meds.

1 minute ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

It’s  possible that when referring to downers he’s talking about prescription ones such as certain sleep and anxiety meds.

Yeah, that's how I understand the term. That stuff is legit dangerous.

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah, that's how I understand the term. That stuff is legit dangerous.

What I mean is he might have not had street drugs in mind when he said that. 

55 minutes ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

I took it as prescription sleep/anxiety pills since that was the main (or so I've read) drug that rattled in his backpack.

Can I just say I hope he isn't doing hard/ dangerous drugs ever since I read that in the interview thing its made me start worrying :( 

GD UK Store, a bundle for this magazine plus a Live 7" EP is going to be released tomorrow (Feb 14th)

Q Magazine Bundle

Acording to some post from reddit, the tracks from the 7" will be live versions of Father of all and American Idiot, taken from Whisky a Go Go show last year.

I am honestly wondering how much of this I can trust because the article got a bunch of general info about them wrong 😅

On 2/13/2020 at 10:37 AM, Insomniac1984 said:

GD UK Store, a bundle for this magazine plus a Live 7" EP is going to be released tomorrow (Feb 14th)

Q Magazine Bundle

Acording to some post from reddit, the tracks from the 7" will be live versions of Father of all and American Idiot, taken from Whisky a Go Go show last year.

Mine arrived in the post today, nice 7”, bit warped but plays fine. Bit expensive, but the cover pics look great (mag and vinyl), shame it’s only 2 tracks.

On 2/14/2020 at 12:19 PM, CocaColaX said:

Mine arrived in the post today, nice 7”, bit warped but plays fine. Bit expensive, but the cover pics look great (mag and vinyl), shame it’s only 2 tracks.

I wonder if they will release this as a digital EP or something...

Has the 7" been ripped anywhere so we could have digital versions of the songs included?

Having the screenshots lined up like that makes it look one of those spooky pictures where it changes slightly when you look away :lol:

No Billie please don't haunt me...especially not in my bedroom....noooooo

Archived