Green Day will perform on “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2020”

redline punk

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Day have a history of very entertaining New Years TV performances, looking forward to it!

Is this going to be live or prerecorded?  I know their 2009 Carson Daly one was prerecorded.  I've enjoyed Billie's private NYE parties the past few years, so I was hoping for another one of those. :lol:

I have a long standing tradition of watching Anderson Cooper’s NYE where they constantly drag Ryan Seacrest and the CNN anchors get drunk. It probably doesn’t matter much anyways since I think I’ll have plans for once this year. I’ll catch it on YouTube I’m sure.  

Man was hoping they were performing in Times Square. 

When are they coming to NYC to promote this album 

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Green Day have a history of very entertaining New Years TV performances, looking forward to it!

Good Riddance one is the best NYE performance ever

It’s official, they’re back in the mainstream. 

Also, YEEESSS!!!! This has been my dream for years! :dance:

I could be way off, but it would seem strange to me for them to do Father of All at this when that song is on its way out. I’m hoping for a new single between now and then.

51 minutes ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

I could be way off, but it would seem strange to me for them to do Father of All at this when that song is on its way out. I’m hoping for a new single between now and then.

Actually, it would make the most sense to do Father of All... 

Remember how long Boulevard took to get off the charts?

55 minutes ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

Look how long they performed Bang Bang on tv shows after they should have switched over to promoting Still Breathing.

• 3 weeks later...

So I went to record this since I’ll be out for the evening but there are like four different broadcasts of Dick Clark’s NYE scheduled starting at 8:00pm (two primetime specials) until 2:00am (two post news ball drop specials). The descriptions of all list a ton of pop artists and none mention Green Day and I don’t want to record and scan through six hours.

Anyone else have a plan for how to attack this?  If I don’t record it, I hope their entire appearance gets posted online asap.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So I went to record this since I’ll be out for the evening but there are like four different broadcasts of Dick Clark’s NYE scheduled starting at 8:00pm (two primetime specials) until 2:00am (two post news ball drop specials). The descriptions of all list a ton of pop artists and none mention Green Day and I don’t want to record and scan through six hours.

Anyone else have a plan for how to attack this?  If I don’t record it, I hope their entire appearance gets posted online asap.

I would just record it 

but it will definitely be posted online 

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I'll try to record their performance since I'll probably watch the whole thing but when I looked the schedule, their performance is seen in LA, I guess. There are some artists too. I don't really know how are they gonna put all of the places' performances. I know it's pre recorded since there is The Longshot show at that night. I think it'll get posted online soon after the show but I'll try to record anyway. It will start at 4 am in my time zone I guess if it starts at 8 pm ET

21 minutes ago, Melodramfool said:

Is going to be on streaming somewhere?

If you have a cable subscription in the United States, you can watch it on ABC’s website. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

Pretty surprised that Green Day was on so early. Apparently, they'll be back later with another song, most likely FOA.

Archived