New Single "Fire, Ready, Aim" Will Debut October 9th

Todd

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jumpsalty said:

So is this song coming out as a single or will it just be promo on the show? I know nothing about hockey 

It's a single and they're using it as a theme song for hockey games.

Just now, jumpsalty said:

So is this song coming out as a single or will it just be promo on the show? I know nothing about hockey 

The single will premiere with the recorded intro to the Wednesday night game. After that it will be out as a regular single. The intro will play every week as a theme song.

10 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It's a single and they're using it as a theme song for hockey games.

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The single will premiere with the recorded intro to the Wednesday night game. After that it will be out as a regular single. The intro will play every week as a theme song.

Oh cool, that’ll be good promo :)

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I like this theory, but can't really believe it. The simplest explanation is usually correct and that's just that they're cashing in because why not. There's no Magnum Opus (at least according to someone who says he talked to billie yesterday) and who knows what's coming in the future. Maybe they just want to fund their coke use. But I really like what you say about foam. Hope you're right.

On another note, I listened to the clip: it's not possible to make any conclusion from it, but anyway... It seems too poppy/bubblegummy for my taste but like Foam, it has a more lively sound than the trilogy, so that's good and I really dig the wail-y instrumental bit. I rate 3.6

About Magnum Opus being fake, we don’t know that for sure. Didn’t Green Day’s reps tell Kerrang Radio in July that there’s no music anytime soon? 2 months later, FOAMF came out!!!

1 hour ago, DadBod said:

The pics that Billie posted to the Longshot instagram last night had a powdery substance on the table next to the pitcher of beer. So speculate away.

My friend from Sarchasm (opening band) said the powder was cigarette ashes and it was on the table long before Billie and the rest of the band showed up :) So please don't speculate away!!! 

People here really want Billie to ruin his life with drugs. Imagine preferring the reality of a ruined man who, in his stupor, made one "bad" song over the reality of a sober, healthy man who made a song you don't like.

I've been sick all day, so I've missed out on this news. My mom called me to tell me about it :lol:

Not gonna lie, this album is kinda sounding like the poppy FOB Butch Walker album we were warned about... I'm probably overreacting...hopefully. 

I don't know if I should listen to it when it comes out ;-; I don't want the album to come out and only get 7-8 songs of new content and only have like 22 minutes worth of new stuff at most :c But i also wanna hear iiiiiiit

29 minutes ago, Todd said:

My friend from Sarchasm (opening band) said the powder was cigarette ashes and it was on the table long before Billie and the rest of the band showed up :) So please don't speculate away!!! 

👍🏻 My “speculate away” was sarcastic. Apologies if it didn’t read that way. I honestly didn’t even notice it in the photo until people pointed it out. 

@DookieLukie I hear you. 

51 minutes ago, Todd said:

Off topic, but dude that is so cool your friend got to play on the same stage as Billie😁 i would've passed out from excitement hahaha

35 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

I don't know if I should listen to it when it comes out ;-; I don't want the album to come out and only get 7-8 songs of new content and only have like 22 minutes worth of new stuff at most :c But i also wanna hear iiiiiiit

Same 😱

I’m trying to think of the album as kind of like a Hulu v Netflix series in its release. With Hulu a series is doled out slowly an episode a week so you can enjoy it over a longer period of a time and not binge it all at once. With Netflix although it may be awesome to get a ten episode series handed to you all at once to binge, it’s over too quickly and then you have a longer wait for the next season. 

I’m thinking of this method as more like a Hulu series allowing me to enjoy the album over a slow five month rollout instead of a single day binge.  👍

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m trying to think of the album as kind of like a Hulu v Netflix series in its release. With Hulu a series is doled out slowly an episode a week so you can enjoy it over a longer period of a time and not binge it all at once. With Netflix although it may be awesome to get a ten episode series handed to you all at once to binge, it’s over too quickly and then you have a longer wait for the next season. 

I’m thinking of this method as more like a Hulu series allowing me to enjoy the album over a slow five month rollout instead of a single day binge.  👍

That really changes my perspective, thanks! 

52 minutes ago, Todd said:

That really changes my perspective, thanks! 

No problem. 

I’m surprised actually. Before this promo began I was convinced I’d hate getting 4 or more singles before an album, and at only ten songs and 26 minutes total I thought it would kill the enjoyment for me.

But I’m discovering instead that I’m getting a lot of time to really spend with each individual song and get to know it before the next one comes.  I like it.  It’s stretching out what would otherwise really only be a 26 minute experience and making it better.  Honestly they could dole out all ten songs over ten months and I wouldn’t mind. 

Yeah I'm happy with however many singles they want to put out. It's really not worth withholding enjoyment of new Green Day music, and when listened to as a full album I find the context makes everything sound/feel different anyways.

39 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No problem. 

I’m surprised actually. Before this promo began I was convinced I’d hate getting 4 or more singles before an album, and at only ten songs and 26 minutes total I thought it would kill the enjoyment for me.

But I’m discovering instead that I’m getting a lot of time to really spend with each individual song and get to know it before the next one comes.  I like it.  It’s stretching out what would otherwise really only be a 26 minute experience and making it better.  Honestly they could dole out all ten songs over ten months and I wouldn’t mind. 

The album comes out in February plus Billie hinted that even more music is coming after that!!! By the way, I wonder if this is the music video they filmed at the Madonna Inn

3 hours ago, Flashing in the dark said:

Inter-cut this with some people dancing and you've got yourself a Father of All Era video!  Woooo-HOOO!!!

5 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Billie's voice sounds chipmunked in the promo.

I think its his chompers --- again.

Archived