Green Day at 2019 iHeart Music Festival Sep 20-21

pacejunkie punk

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking and sounding awesome from the one clip I just watched. Looking forward to watching the whole thing later

So...did anyone else stick around for the Cage the Elephant performance? I'm convinced Matt Shultz is fucked up on drugs. Like holy shit what is he doing on stage? Plus, he completely fell off stage. I was astonished yet confused and concerned while watching it.

were they taking the absolute piss playing FOAMF again? it seemed like they weren't supposed to be 

I would think that after putting on that incredible performance in front of the lamest crowd possible, they’d be dying to do some club shows for their real fans who can go crazy and who love and actually appreciate Green Day. That crowd was PATHETIC. 

1 hour ago, The Insider said:

I wish the cameras would stop panning out to the crowd exposing people not knowing the words.

Is iHeart full of women? Every camera pan was to a woman doing a really goofy dance. Most who were just smiling and doing it for the camera.

I think that FOAM outro was totally improvised. Also, that big smile Billie got as he laid down his guitar was the best.

13 minutes ago, stefand11 said:

were they taking the absolute piss playing FOAMF again? it seemed like they weren't supposed to be 

Didnt you notice how the entire stage retracted half way through the song lol

8 minutes ago, Thisnamehasnoreason said:

And they cut the sound feed, but we could still hear them playing after it turned around haha.

27 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

So...did anyone else stick around for the Cage the Elephant performance? I'm convinced Matt Shultz is fucked up on drugs. Like holy shit what is he doing on stage? Plus, he completely fell off stage. I was astonished yet confused and concerned while watching it.

It looked intentional, but Idk haha. He was pretty wild.

I'm pretty sure this is first time since 2009 (or maybe even 2005) they actually played proper Boulevard of Broken Dreams intro through playback.

I kind of missed it.

Also, where the FUCK was FUCK TIME?!?!?!

I know I’m just a dude from Australia but what the fuck was that crowd?

They all looked like they had never been to a show before so they did what they thought people did at shows. I’m convinced 80% of the crowd were aliens.

Hilarious when they played FOAMF and the entire crowd just stood there like uhh we're not Green Day fans so have no idea what this is lol.

28 minutes ago, Thisnamehasnoreason said:

haha yes i did...doesnt mean it cant be rehearsed 

26 minutes ago, Josh100_3 said:

I know I’m just a dude from Australia but what the fuck was that crowd?

They all looked like they had never been to a show before so they did what they thought people did at shows. I’m convinced 80% of the crowd were aliens.

That’s the issue with festivals that isn’t set to one genre 

38 minutes ago, Miko said:

I'm pretty sure this is first time since 2009 (or maybe even 2005) they actually played proper Boulevard of Broken Dreams intro through playback.

I kind of missed it.

Also, where the FUCK was FUCK TIME?!?!?!

There is a recording of the 2009 Seattle show where they still used the intro. Eventually they replaced it with the acoustic one.

Carefully laying down the guitar to end the performance on the same stage where he had previously smashed his guitar to bits to end a performance was brilliant. 😎🤣

Just now, Alan86 said:

Carefully laying down the guitar to end the performance on the same stage where he had previously smashed his guitar to bits to end a performance was brilliant. 😎🤣

wonder if anyone in the crowd realised

Archived