Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day

ColinOr

I REALLY hope this theory is true, because even though I liked the song, the manifesto and album cover are so unhinged and weird that there's gotta be more to it. Right? Right you guys?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm repeating myself but I want an answer on why they use AI cover album for FOAM. The band itself didn't even talk about it yet. 

I just want someone to ask them "Why did you do that"

This theory would explain why the Magnum Opus albums were printed already, if it was made first and then Warner wanted something more mainstream. Like last time they likely rejected C&V and GD gave them AI instead. Here they said no to MO and Green Day gives them Father of all with a defaced AI cover. 

Because if it was only 26 minutes of music, why would they spend months recording it and then go back in the studio again in May/June? Maybe MO was recorded Jan-April and then they went back and quickly made this pop record in May/June and handed that over instead. Now they have two albums.  It would explain the several month delay for the release, because no way a little 26 minute pop album took that long to make.

There’s definitely more to the story here than meets the eye 

4 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I'm repeating myself but I want an answer on why they use AI cover album for FOAM. The band itself didn't even talk about it yet. 

I just want someone to ask them "Why did you do that"

AI stands for their Warner career. The unicorn barfing on it is them saying fuck you to it.

Personally I really like the new song. 

But I just went back to the Dr.Robertdoback account on Instagram and my god do I need an explanation for those "leaks". 

They still sound way too much like Green Day, and Billie's voice in particular, to not be them. If it's Panicland, just come out and tell us now. You've had your fun. 

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This theory would explain why the Magnum Opus albums were printed already, if it was made first and then Warner wanted something more mainstream. Like last time they likely rejected C&V and GD gave them AI instead. Here they said no to MO and Green Day gives them Father of all with a defaced AI cover. 

Because if it was only 26 minutes of music, why would they spend months recording it and then go back in the studio again in May/June? Maybe MO was recorded Jan-April and then they went back and quickly made this pop record in May/June and handed that over instead. Now they have two albums.  It would explain the several month delay for the release, because no way a little 26 minute pop album took that long to make.

Why do you keep referring to this as pop? This song, despite its quality, is pure rock music. Not pop

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

AI stands for their Warner career. The unicorn barfing on it is them saying fuck you to it.

But doesn't the record label approves this kind of thing?

I mean, why would Warner allow a single that divided fans so much + an artwork that throw shades on them?

(ps.: I just want an answer that makes this theory more real )

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Or maybe @Matt. got bad info about "going back to the studio and adding more songs." Sounds like they removed songs, not added them.

1 minute ago, MrElPacho said:

Personally I really like the new song. 

But I just went back to the Dr.Robertdoback account on Instagram and my god do I need an explanation for those "leaks". 

They still sound way too much like Green Day, and Billie's voice in particular, to not be them. If it's Panicland, just come out and tell us now. You've had your fun. 

This is way too elaborate. Why would Panicland, whoever they are, film themselves in their studio and then pretend it's Green Day and not take credit for it? The music clearly slaps, whereas Green Day's current route does not. Plus, the fourth video that was posted on that account has the person holding the "fake" album cover for Magnum Opus of the Inglorious Kind in their hand while there's music playing (maybe over the stereo), and you can see that it's a vinyl sleeve that has been laminated in foil, ready for selling.

Why would someone fake such an elaborate painting, I mean look at all the details, especially on Billie. The poses, the faces, the tattoos on their arms. You can't fake something like this that easy if you don't have a template or a model. Photoshop is a lot of work in itself, but try finding pictures of Billie lying like that. And despite how silly it may look to see their faces on the bodies of angels, it's actually really good expert work imo. And that takes A LOT of time and dedication and effort.

So, why would someone spend so much time faking a painting like this, actually print it out on several vinyl sleeves, wrap them in foil, and on top of everything fake a studio recording? All of this for a laugh that doesn't pay off? That person didn't gain anything from it and it's too elaborate of a leak to be fake in my opinion.

My theory is that they knew most of us would be disappointed by whatever bullshit they'd fabricate to mess with Warner, so they leaked all of this themselves to assure us "hey, this is what we're actually working on, please don't fall for that fake shit we're putting out"... And they won't take credit for it, because as long as nobody can prove it's actually them, they're in the clear and Warner can't come for them.

Just now, DookieLukie said:

Or maybe @Matt. got bad info about "going back to the studio and adding more songs." Sounds like they removed songs, not added them.

So they need to be in the studio to remove song ?

1 minute ago, ¡Nunes! said:

But doesn't the record label approves this kind of thing?

I mean, why would Warner allow a single that divided fans so much + an artwork that throw shades on them?

(ps.: I just want an answer that makes this theory more real )

I see where you're coming from, it's unbelievable this got a green light, but so did the trilogy, so it's not unprecedented that Warner let them release something insane.

From Mikes IG Story about the song:
"this song has been certified by the FOAMF" - to me it sounds like he means that Warner gave it a go after saying no to Magnum Opus....... am i retarded or am i just overjoyed

I really doubt Warner is saying "no" to anything Green Day wants to put out. Or that Warner wouldn't have caught wind of GD secretly recording an album with choir singers and high budget stuff.

10 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Why do you keep referring to this as pop? This song, despite its quality, is pure rock music. Not pop

Pop rock, alternative, whatever you want to call it... more commercial than their usual sound and to me that’s what pop is (even if not by today’s standards)

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I really doubt Warner is saying "no" to anything Green Day wants to put out. Or that Warner wouldn't have caught wind of GD secretly recording an album with choir singers and high budget stuff.

Maybe they didn't ask, because they're sick of Warner. Maybe Warner were trying to fuck them over in some way, maybe financially, and they didn't want the label to profit of something that is actually good. They have a history of treating their bands like garbage.

2 minutes ago, Your _Enemy said:

From Mikes IG Story about the song:
"this song has been certified by the FOAMF" - to me it sounds like he means that Warner gave it a go after saying no to Magnum Opus....... am i retarded or am i just overjoyed

And who is the Father of all mf in this album ? When I read the lyrics I don't find any link between the name and the song. 

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Pop rock, alternative, whatever you want to call it... more commercial than their usual sound and to me that’s what pop is (even if not by today’s standards)

Not really. This is more rock or punk sounding than most of their recent material. It sounds more punk than pretty much everything on RR apart from Bang Bang

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

And who is the Father of all mf in this album ? When I read the lyrics I don't find any link between the name and the song. 

I think they are referring to themselves or the album itself.

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

Not really. This is more rock or punk sounding than most of their recent material. It sounds more punk than pretty much everything on RR apart from Bang Bang

Not with that falsetto vocal giving me Maroon 5 vibes but agree to disagree

Just now, legendary said:

A friend talked with Frank Maddocks about the leaked cover art. Frank says It a discard cover for Gods Favorito Band.

Really? Were they so lazy that they couldn't come up with ANYTHING for a new studio album?

1 minute ago, legendary said:

A friend talked with Frank Maddocks about the leaked cover art. Frank says It a discard cover for Gods Favorito Band.

Does this support the theory that the account is an inside job then, even if it was fake? Who else would have access to those covers?

3 minutes ago, legendary said:

A friend talked with Frank Maddocks about the leaked cover art. Frank says It a discard cover for Gods Favorite Band.

Do you mean the Magnum Opus cover? It would explain the font.

• Hermione changed the title to Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived