Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day

ColinOr

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Your _Enemy said:

they just made a new instagram post with the hashtag #deepfake  - does this mean anything?

Deepfake is what was used to put their faces into the Anchorman scenes. Wouldn't look too much into that.

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

This theory is too good to be true imo, but this troll album is hilarious even on its own and I'm 100% on board with this.

I made inane jokes about The Bad Album but I'd never guess Green Day would go through with this and release a 26 minute album with an unicorn puking rainbows on an American Idiot cover. That's fucking amazing. On millionth level of irony and beyond. 

and to think this whole time YOU were the insider

Anyone else find their lack of promotion towards their new single (and honestly the album as a whole) odd? That's what makes me think that this theory is plausible. 

3 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

Deepfake is what was used to put their faces into the Anchorman scenes. Wouldn't look too much into that.

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up

15 minutes ago, LiamMartel said:

another connection

remember the bull they posted

its  "taking the bull by the horns"

Yeah and the photos of them with the middle finger. 

11 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

Anyone else find their lack of promotion towards their new single (and honestly the album as a whole) odd? That's what makes me think that this theory is plausible. 

Yes they are promoting more Hella mega than Foamf

1 hour ago, Thatsername said:

It was Billie himself who said in that interview that they will probably release more music soon... not us.

Did you not stop to think that he meant more music off this upcoming one? “More music” doesn’t always equate to “new music off a different album”.

2 minutes ago, Platypus2000 said:

Did you not stop to think that he meant more music off this upcoming one? 

Did you actually watch the interview?

Billie: "I mean, maybe we’ll just put out another album next year or something like that? We don’t know cause… *deep voice and big smile* we are off our contract with Warnerrrrrrrr’s….."

Mike: "So we’re gonna do whatever the fuck we want!!!"

Billie: "Chaa chaaaa!"

Wasn't Jingle Town Records rendered defunct once the band sold off Jingle Town Recording, aka Studio 880?

51 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

And then I think not tour as long, but effective touring.

What’s effective touring?

Just now, billiesblue said:

What’s effective touring?

Probably doing what's required of them before they can dish out the real stuff

Wow, this stuff made me dust off my old GDC account haha. Glad to be back.

Do y'all think that false start almost announcement that happened back in July has anything to do with all this? Big fan of this theory, I hope it's the case because that'd be cool as fuck

Another clue – “glorious” in quotation marks in Billie’s message. I wonder if there are hidden codes in it. 😂

So for those of us who jump in when a new album is coming what the hell is the backstory for this rejected album? Leaks? #drama? Etc?

Just now, jona92 said:

why isn't Tré on the leaked art work cover?

he is, he's just sort of tucked up in a shadow on the right

1 minute ago, jona92 said:

why isn't Tré on the leaked art work cover?

He is, he's the angel that is holding Billie in his arms... it's not super visible in the angle it was shot but he is there (the lighting was terrible too)

This is going to turn into another anticipation thread I swear. The lead single just came out and everyone is already talking about clues, acronyms and hashtags 😀

2 minutes ago, W Axl Rose said:

What is their beef with Warner Brothers? Didn't they make each other tens of millions of dollars? 

Yeah, I've always thought they had a good relationship with each other. If this is true, what could have happened?

3 minutes ago, W Axl Rose said:

What is their beef with Warner Brothers? Didn't they make each other tens of millions of dollars? 

Idk I think it's cause they're limiting them in some way? Like how much music they can or can't put out or something like that? Idk the details though so don't take my word

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

Idk I think it's cause they're limiting them in some way? Like how much music they can or can't put out or something like that? Idk the details though so don't take my word

That makes sense. Green Day will probably never sell albums like they did with Dookie and American Idiot but to be fair most bands don't have one let alone two diamond albums. They are probably set with money for ten lifetimes at this point so most of the money they do make would be from touring not album sales. 

• Hermione changed the title to Magnum Opus Of The Inglorious Kind - confirmed NOT to be Green Day
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived