Listen to Green Day's FOAMF Interview on KROQ

Todd

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, joebot33 said:

Billie is on Beats 1 Live right now. 

I hope someone else was able to record this. I've been overwhelmed between trying to get this KROQ interview, get my preorder in, get the dates up on GDC, and all the other fun stuff that's going on. 

I posted this on another thread already but in case anyone didn't see this, here it is

I think the sound of this song makes more sense when you listen to this KROQ interview

That KROQ interview is good. It seems more genuine to hear them actually talking about the album, though I do think they have immediate plans for another album after FOAM.

Maybe they have material that they just didn't want to release with Warner? For some reason?

7:38

Father Of All Motherfuckers album is 26 minutes long

8:04

Billie Joe said they'll put out another album next year

8:10

It's their last with Warner records

1 minute ago, punkrockerjaymz said:

7:38

Father Of All Motherfuckers album is 26 minutes long

8:04

Billie Joe said they'll put out another album next year

8:10

It's their last with Warner records

You realise you don't have to spam this on every thread, right?

If this album really is an FU to Warner as this interview kind of implies, the release date makes total sense. February is historically one of the worst times to release an album in terms on sales. 

Anyone else worried about how Billie forgot about and seemed shocked when the host asked him about the book project?

I mean, they have two books in the works at the moment. The photo one and the Last of the American Girls one. How can he forget something like that?

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Anyone else worried about how Billie forgot about and seemed shocked when the host asked him about the book project?

I mean, they have two books in the works at the moment. The photo one and the Last of the American Girls one. How can he forget something like that?

He's not the one handling this part of business and one book is already out while the other has been put off to next year. It's probably not on his mind at the moment.

Or he's losing cognitive function due to huffing unicorn puke fumes...that's one helluva drug 

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm not. Tbh I don't see why he would care. Also when I hear "book" the first thing that comes to mind is like an autobiography or something written with words, not a picture book

While the band was involved with the photo book it's technically not by them, so it makes sense why he forgot. As for the other one it's been delayed and I'm sure the new album, song, and tour has been occupying their brains for the last few weeks, so it makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

first couple if minutes with Zane Lowe, Billie, Pete and Rivers.

I didn't see the first few minutes. Did Billie really just say he doesn't like long songs? 🤔

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I didn't see the first few minutes. Did Billie really just say he doesn't like long songs? 🤔

Yes but I think he kind of has to say that cause they are releasing an album that’s 26 minutes long 😂

Hard to believe a musician like Billie simply says he HATES long songs.

And he's the author of such a masterpiece - JOS

Am I the only one who think that it's kind of weird Billie shows no passion and doesn't create any hype in those interviews? 😕

I dunno he could be just tired. They're already launching into the press cycle and they have a show tonight, so seems like he may just be taking it easy or conserving energy for the show.

Archived