I played one of Billie's guitars today...

Spike

Hey y'all! So life has been pretty exciting since I started working at one of the biggest guitar stores in Europe. 

Yesterday a few of my colleagues went up to Gibson's artist relations hq in London and bought a load of stock. It's probably a little known fact, but a lot of the time when bands tour outside of their home country, if they're endorsed by an instrument brand they rent instruments rather than having to take their own on the road. Once they're done, they get returned to the company and eventually get sold on as ex-demo stock. We got 60 Gibsons in yesterday, among them was a Tom Delonge Gibson ES333 that he last played in around 2010. 

But the huge thing is, we got a Billie Joe Gibson ES137, the one Canelo was based on. Funnily enough it was fairly awful to play, it's not a great guitar at all, but the fact I got to play one of Billie's guitars is crazy cool. I've been wracking my brain and I can't remember when Billie would have last used one in the UK. Any ideas? I had the impression that he'd used it at Brixton in 2013 for WMUWSE and Minority, but having checked my photos and some YouTube stuff he was playing a Gretsch that night. 

Anyway yeah. Have a pic! 

Screenshot_20190824-130403_Instagram.jpg

Archived