2 hour podcast with Jeff Matika posted today

jetsrule128

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s pretty long.  And it’s Jeff.  Can someone listen and tell me if he says anything interesting about Longshot or GD? Otherwise I’ll pass. Thanks 🙏 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And it’s Jeff.  

This 

Can someone listen and tell me if he says anything interesting about Longshot or GD? 

& this thought crossed my mind that maybe they want him to be seen in a better light so give him some info to deliver - but probably not😜

1 minute ago, The Insider said:

This & this thought crossed my mind that maybe they want him to be seen in a better light so give him some info to deliver - but probably not😜

If they do this the info never gets out because no one will listen to him. :lol:

1 hour ago, Biddymc said:

Hard pass.

I'm feeling this :lol:

If you don't want to listen to the whole thing the Green Day talk starts at 1 hour and 17 minutes.  

Ok so really the only hint was that someone from Jeff's old band asked him if he wants to do a show. But he could not commit because he doesn't know what he's doing in 4 months 

I’m gonna be “that guy”, and say I don’t think that was a hint. I took Jeff saying that in a general “I can’t really commit long term to my other bands because of my job with GD.”  

it wasn’t a super exciting podcast. Basically talked about his music history. 

Cool. Not gonna listen to it. :)

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Why does everyone hate Jeff?

cause he didn't handle a break up well at all and was a douchebag towards her

Well that was a long listen.  Pretty odd, a little interesting, boy Jeff likes to talk but whoever the guys whose podcast it is was awful, had done no research, knew a little about Jeff, knew he played with Green Day but thought they were Canadian yet posed as a big music fan. Jeff made the comment, very generally about not being able to commit too much to his other bands and this bozo didn’t even pick up on it and ask if GD had anything coming out, in fact he hardly asked  any questions at all, but he did want to talk about himself and his experiences.  No wonder he has the number of subscribers and views he does.  

5 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Why does everyone hate Jeff?

Because he used his position of fame in Green Day to encourage Green Day fans who follow him on social media to harass his 22 year old non-famous ex girlfriend (who received abuse as a result of him airing their dirty laundry on there), and didn't even apologise after he was called out. Also some people already just didn't like his somewhat sarcastic attitude towards fans, but that's the main reason now.

3 hours ago, jengd said:

Well that was a long listen.  Pretty odd, a little interesting, boy Jeff likes to talk but whoever the guys whose podcast it is was awful, had done no research, knew a little about Jeff, knew he played with Green Day but thought they were Canadian yet posed as a big music fan. Jeff made the comment, very generally about not being able to commit too much to his other bands and this bozo didn’t even pick up on it and ask if GD had anything coming out, in fact he hardly asked  any questions at all, but he did want to talk about himself and his experiences.  No wonder he has the number of subscribers and views he does.  

Glad I wasn't alone in being annoyed at the lack of research done by the "host"... 

It was mindless background noise while I did my nails. Probably the only reason I made it through the whole 2 hours.

3 hours ago, jengd said:

Agreed. The host was awful. I skipped ahead every time he spoke. And Canadian?? Really? Right after gushing about how you got to be a drum tech for the Foxboro Hot Tubs? Yeah, you really love this band 🙄

Agreed. The host was awful. I skipped ahead every time he spoke. And Canadian?? Really? Right after gushing about how you got to be a drum tech for the Foxboro Hot Tubs? Yeah, you really love this band 🙄

Thinking about it Jeff handled that quite well, said something about them writing American Idiot if they were Canadian and tried to make light of it but god, what a lazy twit of an interviewer.  He could have asked so much about touring with them, the different personalities and experiences.  I think he asked one question about performing to crowds that size and that was it.

I’ve just realised what really annoyed me about this.  Jeff said he had interviewed Billie for something like an hour for the Jeff Matila show but we got three short videos.  WTF 😩

Can someone reminds me why we hate Jeff? 
I'm not a big fan of him either. I'm just not aware of what happened ''outside of Green Day''.

Just now, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Can someone reminds me why we hate Jeff? 
I'm not a big fan of him either. I'm just not aware of what happened ''outside of Green Day''.

Read above:

5 hours ago, Hermione said:

Because he used his position of fame in Green Day to encourage Green Day fans who follow him on social media to harass his 22 year old non-famous ex girlfriend (who received abuse as a result of him airing their dirty laundry on there), and didn't even apologise after he was called out. Also some people already just didn't like his somewhat sarcastic attitude towards fans, but that's the main reason now.

lol the hate for Jeff is real haha 

Honestly, Mike Pelino was way better as he was involved with Green Day for much much longer than Jeff as the band knew him personally going back to their teenage years. 

The thing with his gf sounds lame but it's not really any of our business.  I know.. he pretty much made it a public thing but still I'm not motivated to stick my nose in it. 

also an additional statement on the whole Jeff gf thing: Yes he may have reached out to GD fans to harass her or whatever the story is but we all have freewill. We can choose to ignore him and not harass her! 

Archived