Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

If it's true, I'll put all my internet devices in an industrial 3D-printed shredder at once, because that would be more pleasant than reading this thread in the aftermath.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

If it is true, I will put my copy of Nimrod in the blender, then put my blender in a specially purchased larger blender and blend the blender

We gotta stop with the blenders. I'm sure some people have already choked on their liquified Nimrod since the first thread started.

19 minutes ago, jengd said:

Nobody puts Nimron in a blender

Nimron Jimron might 😜

Take a shot at every mention of 'blender' on this thread

so many people are just hellbent on finding an excuse to consume liquid nimrod.

BOR-ING.

you wanna make an impression?

international superenemas are where its at.

18 hours ago, Maddie86 said:

Hank III's contract with Curb records expired, Curb released a few albums of unreleased songs so they could still make money off him, and Hank didn't have any say in the matter, he even told people not to buy them! I doubt Warner would go that far, but it's a possibility

MUST be the first time Hank 3’s name was brought up in this forum. 😂

He is one crazy dude. Quite talented though.

20 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Hopefully, if that Kerrang date was true, they don't delay it too much longer as revenge. Or maybe they assume none of us know about new music in general and were mad Kerrang revealed that.

Rumours of new material were broken on Kerrang! Radio (not affiliated) on July 9, when a listener’s tweet was read out with that time and date, and the hashtag #newgreendaymusic.

“When a listeners tweet was read out”.

FFS, guys, not directed at you Luke, whether it turns out win, lose or draw, it wasn’t even recording. It was a listener Twitter account read on the air with a bunch of jumpy Green Day fans.

Tid bit of truth. I knew they were gonna release the greatest hits album and a new song after RevRad. I had permission to tease it without giving it away. I had said something is coming and mentioned a few things if you remember (it was picked up by the active Italian version of GDC) and then papers and some of them quite respectable ones.

All I knew is that there would be a minimum of one new song. I knew there was a side project coming and didn’t even mention that and I was amazed that my unaubstantiated information was taken so seriously.

This is the same. TRUE OR NOT, at the end of the day we’re talking about a kids Twitter account?

Am I wrong?

my efforts so far to find out something have gone unanswered.

What is with the iron clad silence around this new album?

9 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I know, right? We were practically spoiled during the recording process of the Trilogy! And through recordings of small club shows throughout 2011, we already knew like half of the songs!!! And during the 21CB recording sessions, somebody leaked the demo version of the title track, and they posted 2 studio videos, one with Billie working on ¿Viva la Gloria? (Little Girl), and another one with Mike wearing a Know Your Enemy shirt!

And plus, Crush Management probably instructed them to stay silent

8 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I don't know, but I kind of like it

26 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I think it's actually really working quite well towards generating hype.

i will burn my nimrod disc and inhale the smoke if there comes a single on friday

56 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

“When a listeners tweet was read out”.

BUT that only came out later, DJ did not say, had a tweet from a random, she said”Sharon got in touch to say....” .  The listener tweet bit only came out later.  If you go back through the thread - which I don’t recommend 😂😂  - you will see lots of debate over who Sharon was, what was the source.  I know we are mad but..... 😂😂

we do appreciate what you are able to give us though Adam 👍

Album named Pray For Peace with ''#prayforpeace'' and ''Christ says''... Maybe a  religious concept album for God's Favorite Band.

New album title suggestions: Someone blend the CD (blend the fucking CD)

1 hour ago, LaughingClock said:

my efforts so far to find out something have gone unanswered.

I have no doubt that management and label are on complete information lockdown regarding GD after the Kerrang fiasco. They’ve probably even warned close friends and family members.

And the guys are currently even quieter than normal. Silence before the storm maybe?

Either that or they’re just sick of comments saying “OMG is this about the new album??!!”

1 minute ago, neverdone2000 said:

I have no doubt that management and label are on complete information lockdown regarding GD after the Kerrang fiasco. They’ve probably even warned close friends and family members.

Which probably also means @Matt. can’t drop any more hints

Are news leaks really that bad for business? Jonas Brothers "leaked" about an MCR reunion and they suddenly became relevant again. Their albums rose on the digital charts. Why is telling fans about a new Green Day single coming weeks later bad for the band?

29 minutes ago, Groene Dag said:

Album named Pray For Peace with ''#prayforpeace'' and ''Christ says''... Maybe a  religious concept album for God's Favorite Band.

Which as I said before would be a total ripoff of PATD’s Pray for the Wicked. GD already did the saints and sinners thing with 21CB if they did it again it would be old and derivative of the ones who have since copied them.  If this were actually true I think I would have to put my entire GD collection in a blender.

I love how because we are all ignoring the 4chan bullshit the troll is forced to come here and post it 😂

5 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Jonas Brothers "leaked" about an MCR reunion and they suddenly became relevant again. Their albums rose on the digital charts. 

Anytime MCR is mentioned in the new regard a "reunion" people lose their shit even though it's not going to happen. It's even more amplified because is 2019 (see Danger Days album info for context if you're confused).

3 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Anytime MCR is mentioned in the new regard a "reunion" people lose their shit even though it's not going to happen. It's even more amplified because is 2019 (see Danger Days album info for context if you're confused).

Right. So as long as it isn't a bold faced lie to manipulate the fans, leaking GD news prior to a GD album coming soon should be good for business.

1 hour ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Hear me out here guys. Maybe, just maybe, they aren't ready to talk about it yet.

I'm under the assumption that Crush (the band's new management company) has been working with the band well before recording even started. If the group wanted people to know about the recording of the album, it would have been stated in a public manner. If they wanted people to know an album is coming <insert whenever it's coming>, they would have let us know. Everything about this seems intentional from a promotional point of view.

They will talk when they're ready to. Will that be this month or next? Likely, if the plan is still release the album this fall. Could that be this fall instead? Could be, if the February timeline is true.

The only reason we have anything to talk about is songsforassholes on Instagram and the timeline @LaughingClock and I have been made aware of. Nothing else remotely concrete has come out (public, leaked, or via sources), unless I'm forgetting something.

1 minute ago, Matt. said:

Hear me out here guys. Maybe, just maybe, they aren't ready to talk about it yet.

I'm under the assumption that Crush (the band's new management company) has been working with the band well before recording even started. If the group wanted people to know about the recording of the album, it would have been stated in a public manner. If they wanted people to know an album is coming <insert whenever it's coming>, they would have let us know. Everything about this seems intentional from a promotional point of view.

And what is the promotional intention behind Billie telling a random fan about the single, the album and their future label plans? 🤔 Why should he blab things like this if it's obviously so important for the band and/or the management to keep things secret? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived