Jump to content
Donation to help with costs Read more... ×
Hermione

Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Recommended Posts

steve46
21 minutes ago, Lacky said:

I think that, if something's going to happen on the 19th, we have to know it today. Otherwise, the waiting will be a bit longer 

That's the same I am thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ross_19

Can't wait until all this is over and the album is released, then we find outGDFan2019 has been Billie all along! 

 

In all seriousness I'm not expecting anything on the 19th anymore. Given how frequently info leaks these days I think we would have some sort of evidence to point toward that date.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Redundantuserjinxboy

Hoping is one thing but anyone actually expecting anything next Friday is setting themselves up for disappointment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lacky
47 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Why? Any day next week could see an announcement of the single or it could just drop on the 19th. I’m not writing it off until the day comes and goes, which it probably will.

Because, imo, they must tell something at least 1 week before that day. But I feel like nothing will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morse Code Guy
24 minutes ago, Lacky said:

Because, imo, they must tell something at least 1 week before that day. But I feel like nothing will happen.

They can even raid the digital stores a day before and act like they don’t care. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MillenniumFan
11 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

See? I knew this would happen! At first I didn’t believe @TJChrobo but then I saw his photos. And now I’m the one that gets criticized for believing it

Calm down, I wasn’t criticising you for believing anything and certainly not for believing TJChrobo (as I do too, certainly that Billie might have told him something, wether the the thing was true on Billie’s part or not we’ll see). I just found it hilarious that you still thought the album would come out “way way sooner than February”, simply because of a bunch of Insta pics by the guys.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KarlAuerE12thSt
2 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Hoping is one thing but anyone actually expecting anything next Friday is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Shit. I thought this is how life actually works.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Im.a.basket.case
Posted (edited)

I'm surprised reps from the band would word it so iron clad saying "definitely no music from green day anytime soon." I feel like that is bad for business by shutting down all speculation and buzz about a new album. Why wouldn't they say something like "no comment" or "no upcoming announcements as of now" to generate more buzz and hype of a new album...either they might need new management or are just throwing a curve ball and something maybe coming on the 19th...or worst case scenario we really aren't getting any new music for quite a while..

Edited by Im.a.basket.case
Added thoughts
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MillenniumFan

The problem is: what use is a lot of premature hype, if the first release may be scheduled several months down the line? Especially if the hype is then followed by massive disappointment when nothing happens on the 19th. I think (if what they're saying is true) it might sound harsh, but it's the best thing for them to do in this situation. Hype could be generated equally quickly, once they tease us in some other, more direct way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MillenniumFan
8 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Every morning I'm like ''Oh yeah 5 new pages on this thread!! That probably mean a new leak or an announcement has been made!!''
After reading everything I'm like:

Thing is: most "leaks" (not referring to TJChrobo btw) appear to be meaningless so far and if there is an official announcement, the mods are usually quick enough to either rename this thread or to open a new one. So, it's easier to save your frustration by just assuming from the start that this thread, with the current title, is 99.9 % speculation and then also discussion based on that speculation :lol:

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Boy Named Airplane
8 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Thing is: most "leaks" (not referring to TJChrobo btw) appear to be meaningless so far and if there is an official announcement, the mods are usually quick enough to either rename this thread or to open a new one. So, it's easier to save your frustration by just assuming from the start that this thread, with the current title, is 99.9 % speculation and then also discussion based on that speculation :lol:

 

Thanks for the tip ahah

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neverdone2000
1 hour ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I'm surprised reps from the band would word it so iron clad saying "definitely no music from green day anytime soon." I feel like that is bad for business by shutting down all speculation and buzz about a new album. Why wouldn't they say something like "no comment" or "no upcoming announcements as of now" to generate more buzz and hype of a new album...either they might need new management or are just throwing a curve ball and something maybe coming on the 19th...or worst case scenario we really aren't getting any new music for quite a while..

Exactly what I was thinking. But with this in mind and @TJChrobo info, I really am starting to wonder (like @LaughingClock)if they are going to put out side project stuff soon and GD stuff later. 

Edit: Possibly a single or album from a side project (Coverups since they have an upcoming show?) on the 19th and then GD on the schedule Billie told TJ. Totally a guess, but that could explain why management said no music from GD anytime soon. 

The other explanation for the statement is that the new management has decided they want the new album to be a total surprise and generate buzz that way. 

I like a mystery.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thatsername
39 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Edit: Possibly a single or album from a side project (Coverups since they have an upcoming show?) on the 19th and then GD on the schedule Billie told TJ. Totally a guess, but that could explain why management said no music from GD anytime soon.

OR the Coverups show isn't going to happen and it will be a secret Green Day show instead, which means we will get the new single on the 19th so they can play it on the 20th and management is lying right now so there will still be a surprise 🤩 But yeah very unlikely.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beerjeezus

I like the theory, but it would be pretentious to take over an event like this.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jankowski576
7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I like the theory, but it would be pretentious to take over an event like this.

I agree, the timing of that doesn’t make sense for a Green Day single the day before either

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neverdone2000
8 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I like the theory, but it would be pretentious to take over an event like this.

If it was a GD announcement it would be but not if it’s a Coverups announcement.

Another random theory: Maybe Tre wanted to wait until February to start the new album craziness because he wants Mickey to be a certain age. And maybe Billie and Mike are filling in the space with a side project.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jengd
25 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I like the theory, but it would be pretentious to take over an event like this.

And, unless they did only say at the very last minute or not at all it could really make the whole block party a dangerous, chaotic mess.  Can’t see them doing anything which would overtake the whole event BUT could the desire to be at the block party have made them delay the single/announcement?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Montclare

At another Coverups show, Tre joined them for a couple songs.  Could be possible that 99% of the show on the 20th will be Coverups, but with Tre joining for one song, a new GD song.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   8 members

    • dudley dawson
    • Star-LordAndTheAve
    • John.reject23
    • J a c
    • steve46
    • starrynights
    • Too domb to die
    • simoro1
×