''Dan-da-da-da!'' #Dookie

deleteduser7593

Years ago I used to spend lots of time doing these kind of recordings. I always loved Billie Joe's guitar sound. Sadly, I never had a good amount of money to buy a Marshall of something closer. So I always had to arrange on what I had. Almost nothing, to be honest, haha... I guess I was like, if you can't put a Marshall to your ears, try to use your ears to get a Marshall form a non-Marshall amp. I had a pretty expensive VOX amp - to my standards, at least - but I sold it years later. Not 'cause it didn't give me a Green Day-ish sound. But 'cause I didn't like it at all. So, nowadays, I'm still rocking with my teacher's little amp. I still can't figure out wich brand it is. There's just an ''EXTREME'' writing on it. And it's 15W.

Anyway, I saw a few demos of the Dookie pedal. And I couldn't afford it. But I listened to what those guitarist said about how they made it and tried to learn something new. I recorded a few clips, ''Pulling Teeth'' was pretty funny but here's ''Welcome to Paradise'', def'nly my favourite one. I recorded with the PC in front of the amp. I've only used Audacity, just to pan the different tracks (2 for the verses, 2 come in the chorus, so 4 guitars) as Billie Joe teached me, Lol I've just tried to get that bruisy touch Green Day always had in their early recording, eq-ing with highs and basses on the 1st place. For overdrive, I put it at maximum on the amp, lowering it from my Strat knob, to get that huge distorted but still with string definition spund we all hear on this beautiful album (Dookie). 

I hope you enjoy, nothing exceptional but I still hope you do. I'm late, so happy b-day Dookie, 1st CD I've ever bought. Sending love, have a nice day you all 🙂

PS: VIdeo could sound a little fuzzier than the native WAV file beacuse of the conversion before uploading on Twitter. Techy stuff I hate, eheh...

Archived