Jump to content
Todd

Lost Green Day Media

Recommended Posts

Maddie86

Hmm, I've never heard any rumors about that Binghamton show being recorded. I was like 9 at the time so I wasn't there, but I have friends who were there, I think one friend said he got hit in the head with a Snapple bottle. A bunch of my friends commented about it on a Facebook post I made a while back but it was on my old profile that I took down, so I won't be able to find it 🙁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosuke Hanamura

The C&V masters were supposedly recovered though. :confused:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80 Androids

It really sucks when these old shows go missing, because it will probably never be found :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
greendepent

I know at least two shows from the breakdown era that were recorded and never ever shared or traded. I don't recall the dates exactly but the first one was from July 2009 and it has At the library. The other one is from England 2009, the second night at MEN arena. Both outstanding sources for their age. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Todd
1 hour ago, greendepent said:

I know at least two shows from the breakdown era that were recorded and never ever shared or traded. I don't recall the dates exactly but the first one was from July 2009 and it has At the library. The other one is from England 2009, the second night at MEN arena. Both outstanding sources for their age. 

Those are the HD recordings you told me about? The guy refused to trade?

2 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

The C&V masters were supposedly recovered though. :confused:

I put that in there as a joke, hopefully everyone knows by now that nothing was ever stolen :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacejunkie punk
12 minutes ago, Todd said:

I put that in there as a joke, hopefully everyone knows by now that nothing was ever stolen :lol:

That’s a theory of mine, that they totally lied to prevent Warners from releasing it. Is that actually true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
greendepent
20 minutes ago, Todd said:

Those are the HD recordings you told me about? The guy refused to trade?

 

Yes. I know that the england one is HD (at the time, HD masters were really a new thing) I think that show has also an external source added but I'm not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosuke Hanamura
34 minutes ago, Todd said:

I put that in there as a joke, hopefully everyone knows by now that nothing was ever stolen :lol:

I probably should’ve guessed that. :lol:

I was a big believer that the masters were stolen for a while. I don’t remember, did fans just just know that the band was lying, or was there some sort of clue that gave it away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Todd
1 hour ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I probably should’ve guessed that. :lol:

I was a big believer that the masters were stolen for a while. I don’t remember, did fans just just know that the band was lying, or was there some sort of clue that gave it away?

I know one of the things they said was "we had backups, but they just weren't the same". A backup is literally an exact copy, is it not? Not to mention how they've beat around the bush every time it gets brought up. The whole thing just reeks bullshit :P 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosuke Hanamura
1 hour ago, Todd said:

I know one of the things they said was "we had backups, but they just weren't the same". A backup is literally an exact copy, is it not? Not to mention how they've beat around the bush every time it gets brought up. The whole thing just reeks bullshit :P 

To clarify, he said the backups were CD quality versions, so technically they weren’t exact master tape copies.

But you’re right about them beating around the bush. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Todd
6 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

To clarify, he said the backups were CD quality versions, so technically they weren’t exact master tape copies.

But you’re right about them beating around the bush. :lol:

Implying that CD-quality is not good enough to release? The Longshot begs to differ :lol: 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
localinsomniac
12 hours ago, Todd said:

A backup is literally an exact copy, is it not?

This. This has bugged the crap out of me for fifteen years. What could possibly be that different about a carbon copy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacejunkie punk
1 minute ago, localinsomniac said:

This. This has bugged the crap out of me for fifteen years. What could possibly be that different about a carbon copy?

To be fair they never said they couldn’t go ahead with the album, just that at that point it made them realize they didn’t want to.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aahhhh
On 6/22/2019 at 4:54 PM, Todd said:

1995/11/09 - Broome County Arena, Binghamton, New York
This is another early internet mention. It was rumored that a recording of Walking Contradiction from this show was aired on TV, but nothing has ever surfaced from it. 


 

I was at this. We got metal detected going in, so it would make sense for any footage to be pro-shot. I remember one of my friends telling me he saw this Walking Contradiction clip on an MTV News segment back in the day, but I can't find it for the life of me.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80 Androids

@Todd I'm going to re-contact KYRS for the video, I hope this works!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Todd
35 minutes ago, 80 Androids said:

@Todd I'm going to re-contact KYRS for the video, I hope this works!

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Todd

According to the old Greenday.net archives, there was supposed to be a Green Day video released in spring 1997 that was never released

"* GREEN DAY "Live" VIDEO OUT SOON The Green Day home video titled "Live" should be out sometime in April. If I find anything more about it, i'll let you know."
https://web.archive.org/web/19970708023626/http://www.greenday.net/zine4.html

I wonder if this turned into the Last Ride In music video, which is primarily composed of home videos with some live footage mixed in.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papa
8 hours ago, Todd said:

According to the old Greenday.net archives, there was supposed to be a Green Day video released in spring 1997 that was never released

"* GREEN DAY "Live" VIDEO OUT SOON The Green Day home video titled "Live" should be out sometime in April. If I find anything more about it, i'll let you know."
https://web.archive.org/web/19970708023626/http://www.greenday.net/zine4.html

I wonder if this turned into the Last Ride In music video, which is primarily composed of home videos with some live footage mixed in.

god looking through that is great. the god damn glory days of the internet. really brings me back.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×