Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

5 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Oh, they are?

That’s it. Review everything! 😄

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let’s talk about the original 4chan leak, which to me, as I said, is the most realistic.

Songs For Assholes

1. Burn it All

2. Don’t Patronize Me

3. Antisocial Media

4. Average Workin Man

5. Dollywhoop

6. Broken Bridge

7. Peace (supposedly the first single)

8. As the World Turns

9. Rome Falls

10. Puppydog Crush

11. The Jury and the Judge

12. Take a Stand

13. Orange Summer

And now we heard they supposedly went back in the studio last month to record a couple new songs

14. ?

15. ?

16. ?

17. ?

18. ?

I choose to believe the part about the album being the greatest thing they’ve ever done 💚

Look maybe it's possible a leak coincidentally got a few things about it right. Like a song title or the album name or how long it's been worked on. But I don't believe there was a leak that was fully correct. If that 21 song album leak is real then the album cover the same leaker posted here must be real, and I just don't see it

If DOLLYWHOOP were a real song I think it would sound like Troublemaker with vocals like Hungry Hungry by The Network.

Puppydog crush, Orange Summer. C’mon. Green day can do better than that. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think that the leak "23/08/19 SfA 14 tracks" is the one which is true.

7 minutes ago, steve46 said:

Thats my birthday!

29 minutes ago, steve46 said:

Don't think so. The only "leak" Matt replied positively to was the 21 songs one.

I want more new Green Day on the radio. I feel like my local stations played “Bang Bang” and “Revolution Radio” a handful of times before completely disregarding them and playing “Still Breathing” non-stop. I feel like with Butch Walker producing it it’s bound to get promoted better than the last two eras(yes I know the Trilogy has promoted pretty well until iHeart Radio).  

On 5/31/2019 at 9:06 AM, Nightlife said:

- GD making an announcement in June, after Longshot shows of course 

- Single coming in July

- Album in September (13th pls)

- The album is fucking fantastic and we'll all love it 

- Once the tour starts we'll find out their show is finally updated and a lot less predictable (ok this one probably won't happen but I want to believe

My old predictions. Now it's changed to an announcement in July after The Coverups show and a single in August. I think we'll get the album a bit later in September but I still hope for the 13th! 

My prediction way back in some other thread was 16 songs and an album like Nimrod. I still think it'll be like Nimrod and by that I mean versatile and fairly experimental. I'd be shocked if we got another safe one like RevRad or another concept album. Still think we'll get a generous amount of songs, maybe 18. 

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Don't think so. The only "leak" Matt replied positively to was the 21 songs one.

Double Album? 

6 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Let’s talk about the original 4chan leak, which to me, as I said, is the most realistic.

Sadly, yes. Billie forgot how to write songs after Breakdown.

Just to come in late on the whole Green Day popularity debate. While it's fair to say that they aren't as popular as they were around AI, 21st CB and even the trilogy era, I do think they are popular enough to headline glastonbury and any of the other major festivals we have in the UK. I think part of their drop in popularity has to be down to poor promotion in places outside the US along with the general decline in rock and alternative music being in the mainstream. 

But yeah I do still think they are popular enough in this country to headline the big festivals and it only adds to their appeal that they are one of the most entertaining bands to watch. One of the things that springs to mind that demonstrates that they do still have quite a following over here is that one of the RevRad headline shows, the one in Leeds, was the third fastest ever selling gig at that venue and one of those three was the venue's inaugural event. Bands like The Killers, The Cure and many other world famous artists have all played that venue.

26 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

Just to come in late on the whole Green Day popularity debate. While it's fair to say that they aren't as popular as they were around AI, 21st CB and even the trilogy era, I do think they are popular enough to headline glastonbury and any of the other major festivals we have in the UK. I think part of their drop in popularity has to be down to poor promotion in places outside the US along with the general decline in rock and alternative music being in the mainstream. 

But yeah I do still think they are popular enough in this country to headline the big festivals and it only adds to their appeal that they are one of the most entertaining bands to watch. One of the things that springs to mind that demonstrates that they do still have quite a following over here is that one of the RevRad headline shows, the one in Leeds, was the third fastest ever selling gig at that venue and one of those three was the venue's inaugural event. Bands like The Killers, The Cure and many other world famous artists have all played that venue.

They can of course play Reading. Glastonbury is a different beast and I don’t think they’d even be considered for a headline slot, they don’t have the mainstream prominence anymore.

Maybe new management will change that, but they aren’t in the conversation of the best bands about at the minute.

1 hour ago, Joe. said:

They can of course play Reading. Glastonbury is a different beast and I don’t think they’d even be considered for a headline slot, they don’t have the mainstream prominence anymore.

Maybe new management will change that, but they aren’t in the conversation of the best bands about at the minute.

I could spend quite a lot of time arguing that Glastonbury has nothing to do with the "best" bands, but I know what you mean.  😂

I think @Ross_19 has a point, they have a really high reputation as a live band and lots of people love to see them, and I know a few who have them on their list regardless of how many records they are selling.  

The last BJ's post on Instagram is one of the things that makes me happy, because it talks about Green Day. Maybe, here we are, idiots.

10 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Songs For Assholes

1. Burn it All

2. Don’t Patronize Me

3. Antisocial Media

4. Average Workin Man

5. Dollywhoop

6. Broken Bridge

7. Peace (supposedly the first single)

8. As the World Turns

9. Rome Falls

10. Puppydog Crush

11. The Jury and the Judge

12. Take a Stand

13. Orange Summer

I have no idea if the leak is true or not (or if it could be only partially right), most titles in their form seem Green Day-plausible to me, like from 1 to 4 and 6 & 7, others such as 5 and 10 are weird but nothing is impossible. The Jury and The Judge seems plausible for the subject it may imply, I'm just wondering abut how it will sound if Billie sings the phrase, as it's the case in most songs now (the title appears in the song). If Orange Summer is real, of course we can't stop thinking about Trump but I'd bet it's about the Californian wildfires. That instagram pic with the red sun he posted last year (btw I hope it's gonna be okay this year over there). Don't patronize me, hint to instagram commenters?

I like the theory that the fake 4Chan Matt is the actual GDC Matt in disguise. Gives a nice twist to the boring leaks.

2 hours ago, jengd said:

I could spend quite a lot of time arguing that Glastonbury has nothing to do with the "best" bands, but I know what you mean.  😂

I think @Ross_19 has a point, they have a really high reputation as a live band and lots of people love to see them, and I know a few who have them on their list regardless of how many records they are selling.  

Yeah sorry that's what I meant, they aren't really thought about by many people in the "mainstream" anymore, its nothing to do with whether they're the best or not

I'm jonesing for some Chris Bilheimer artwork. Really hope they hire him again.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived