Could Green Day's new album be coming April 2019? (pure speculation)

legendary

1 hour ago, SHART said:

Yep they are heading downunder for some spring surfing & have bought a recording studio near Bondi.

Sauce?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, SHART said:

Yep they are heading downunder for some spring surfing & have bought a recording studio near Bondi.

Don’t even joke! I would love them to come back to Australia! Even if it’s to go surfing 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe Green Day is doing a new recorded 25th anniversary Dookie and a new album?

4 hours ago, steve46 said:

Maybe Green Day is doing a new recorded 25th anniversary Dookie and a new album?

I sure hope so since I don’t want to wait any longer for new material so I hope whatever they have planned with Dookie doesn’t delay that.

The only reason a band should re-record a song or album is if they want to make it better. You can't make Dookie better than it already is, so.

I think they’re going to do something for the Dookie anniversary, but I don’t think it’s going to interfere with the new album. I think it would be kind of nuts if they didn’t do something for the anniversary, and it’ll be a good segue into the new era.

45 minutes ago, aydge89 said:

The American Dookie Tour

AKA pretty much what their tours already are :P 

19 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

The only reason a band should re-record a song or album is if they want to make it better. You can't make Dookie better than it already is, so.

That‘s true. But I think in 2018/2019 you can give the original Dookie songs a even more better sound than 1994. That‘s the only reason for me why they should record it new maybe.

I'm willing to be proven wrong, but I don't think that would work either, because: 

1. Dookie was very much a product of its time, so stripped from that context, I don't think it would work all that well.

2. The sound and overall production was already pretty good. Maybe not quite as great as on Nimrod (my personal favorite when it comes to production of any Green Day album), but pretty good nonetheless. RevRad on the other hand, most likely due to the lack of audio-personnel and producers, doesn't sound too great production-wise, at least to my ears. 

So, while I'd be more than enthusiastic about an anniversary tour or various special releases and reissues, I don't think I would get very excited about a re-recorded version of Dookie, unless it were as well produced and mixed Nimrod or AI. 

I'd wish they'd had rerecorded some more stuff from lookout days, back in 1993, when Dookie was recorded, than to see they rerecording Dookie right now (if that was something that would happen)

After seeing Mike’s latest IG post I can now conclude that they are officially screwing with us 

The dream would be them going through pretty much all of their songs at practice and then ADDING THE PREVIOUSLY IGNORED ONES TO THE GOD DAMN SETLIST NEXT TOUR. Maybe even taking requests from the audience.. A gal can dream, right? 

@pacejunkie punk Haha, I’d say they were doing that with the dookie one as well. They’ll never let us figure something out with just one hint. They have to tease till it’s beyond obnoxious. 

2 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

The dream would be them going through pretty much all of their songs at practice and then ADDING THE PREVIOUSLY IGNORED ONES TO THE GOD DAMN SETLIST NEXT TOUR. Maybe even taking requests from the audience.. A gal can dream, right? 

Yes, yes, yes, goddamn YEEEEEEES! Please let their be some truth to that! Seriously, the setlists are my biggest gripe with this band, for real...

2 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Yes, yes, yes, goddamn YEEEEEEES! Please let their be some truth to that! Seriously, the setlists are my biggest gripe with this band, for real...

Most people seem unhappy with it but also keep defending it. I know I'll keep going to shows no matter what but to me there's no legit reason for them to just keep playing the same stuff for years. 

7 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

100% Agreed. Might be my only gripe, honestly.

Alkaline Trio rehersed all their earlier albums years ago and made a series of shows playing full records front to back, could Green Day do something similiar? I'm waiting for a new Instagram picture with Nimrod setlist, in that sense, haha... Anyway, I don't know why but I would prefer new Longshot music rather than Green Day one, for now.

I've seen some people speculate that Green Day will be the third, not yet announced, headliner at something called Riot Fest. Apparently this year they have bands play through their classic albums there. I'm not expecting that to happen though, or anything at all to happen soon really. But IF Riot Fest or something else exclusive to the states happened I'd be so disappointed about not being able to go. 

Exciting either way that they are playing older stuff. Hopefully something good comes out of it, if not soon then at least on the tour following the next album. 

On 7/19/2018 at 6:51 AM, simoro1 said:

Sauce?

Personally, ketchup

8 hours ago, disappearingfs said:

Alkaline Trio rehersed all their earlier albums years ago and made a series of shows playing full records front to back, could Green Day do something similiar? I'm waiting for a new Instagram picture with Nimrod setlist, in that sense, haha... Anyway, I don't know why but I would prefer new Longshot music rather than Green Day one, for now.

Same, the Longshot is too good to be over so fast!

9 hours ago, disappearingfs said:

I've been thinking about the exact same thing recently and how incredible it would be if Green Day did something similar to Trio. It won't happen I'm fairly certain, but imagine it?? I think the way Alkaline Trio did it was great too. If I remember correctly they did four nights at each venue, with album 1 and 8 on night one, 2 and 7 on night two and so on. 

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

Totally, they're not just Billie Joe playing Green Day outtakes with a band under a different name. Of course that's the sound, that's Billie Joe writing style, it won't change, but also reading the lyrics you can hear (to me, at least) that there's lots of soul and urgency into Longshot songs, so that the band isn't just an excuse to play club gigs due to home boredom and not touring 🙂

3 hours ago, Ross_19 said:

I've been thinking about the exact same thing recently and how incredible it would be if Green Day did something similar to Trio. It won't happen I'm fairly certain, but imagine it?? I think the way Alkaline Trio did it was great too. If I remember correctly they did four nights at each venue, with album 1 and 8 on night one, 2 and 7 on night two and so on. 

Haha, yes, I was pretty obsessed with Matt and friends years ago! And still love them, of course! Yes, they kind of scheduled their whole catalogue for each night and venue. I guess it was on 2014 but if i'm not wrong they played a few more shows recently. They even released it on DVD, months ago! I would love to see Green Day doing it, it would be such a dream! :-)

9 hours ago, disappearingfs said:

their whole catalogue for each night and venue.

released it on DVD,

Green Day doing it,

Green Day pls 😭

Like you said, that would be a DREAM. Too bad the two things GD seem to hate most of all are creating exciting setlists and releasing footage of their shows. 

14 hours ago, Hermione said:

Yes, plus we still need the Euro tour!

Archived