The Longshot Vs Green Day

Second favourite son

The longshot tour of Oz - I can't do KFAD multiple times in a 2 week tour🙃👑

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want The Longshot to be over, I want them to do more shows before the next GD album, but in Europe now!

I prefer GD for the music, but those Longshot shows are really fun. I wouldn't say I had way more fun at that Longshot show I've just come back from than at GD shows I went to last years in arenas, it was different, and nothing moves me more than GD (aside from the music, Kevin is adorable but I can't compare him to Mike, just as David isn't Tre, nothing tops GD as a trio, even though The Longshot as a band are amazing too) but it was certainly most incredible to admire and listen to Billie from so close. Nothing comparable with the arenas when most of the time I couldn't see him. It was for Billie himself, not GD, I went across the world and it was awesome because Billie is fantastic, GD or not GD. But if anything I want so hard to make a US trip for GD. :D Even at the next GD tour if I know they'll be coming in Europe, I'll go to the US see them in a club before if I have the financial means to.

Funnily I don't have a strong post-gig depression (or I don't feel it completely yet), perhaps because it felt so incredible to be there. I was so happy to see Billie in those conditions, from last August I wanted so badly to go to the US see him again with GD, I couldn't and it was tough. Now I did it with The Longshot, quite earlier than what I expected after RevRad ended. It feels reassuring and fills me with great joy, I believe I will be able to see him again when I'm missing him too much, even at the other end of the word.

In conclusion, The Longshot has allowed me to see Billie in amazing conditions, but GD > everything including The Longshot.

10 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

Funnily I don't have a strong post-gig depression (or I don't feel it completely yet), perhaps because it felt so incredible to be there.

Ride that wave as long as you can, haha. It hit me hard last week and harder than a normal show since who knows if I'll ever get that kind of up close experience again. Even when GD plays smaller shows, they're usually bigger than these. 

Guess, that answered the ''question'' at least partially: 

Archived