Make A "Green Day" Wish to Billie Joe Genie

AimieeSmith

DISCLAIMER: According to "Genie Folklore" they can't grant wishes to kill anyone so a Donald Trump death wish is pointless. ( Even if we do hate him so much) :lol: !.

So if Billie Joe Genie ;) granted you 3 "Green Day" wishes - what would you wish for and why ? ( It could be something from their past that never happened or something you would like to happen in future) Say why too :) .

genie_bilie.jpg

Mine are :

1)  Do a Sweet Children side project with John - ( I'm sure Billie would enjoy it more than the Longshot and he could relive the early day's with Mike too.)  They did it in 2015 so why not now or in the future ! :D. They could play Pinole valley high school too,  but Billie would have to dye the hair blonde and Mike grow his super long again to make it look authentic :lol:

2) Record a new complication of old school tracks from Kerplunk and 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours . I hoped for the Hurricane Relief they would of done it and donated all the sales to the cause rather than a live performance. They would of certainly enjoyed to reminisce about it and the fans would of loved it even more ! :D.

3) Go back in a time machine :lol: to when they were touring 1991-1992 it most certainly would've been a really great experience to see them playing in weird places and more rustic than a huge stadium.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. For them to do Nightlife live with me doing the Lady Cobra part. Why, because it would be awesome.

2. For American Idiot the musical to be on Broadway again, with Billie in lead and me in the front row. Why, because I've seen the show twice, both times local theater companies. Both times it was one of the most exhilarating theater performances of my life. I would live to see it with a professional cast.

3. To pay all three of my kids college tuitions. Why, because they can afford too and I can't. 

1. Play Misery live.

2. Play Misery live again

3. Play Misery live.

Professional, not personal wishes? ;)

1. Do another Foxies album and tour.

2. Release Dreamcatcher and Oh Girl.  Doesn't matter if they're on an album, b sides, Billie with a different band, just release them.

3. I would love for Billie to do a solo acoustic album, including Minnesota Girl and Olivia.

1. To have sort of a (revival?) of Green Day Around The World (if you're out of the loop or not a old member like me this was a day in-between 21CB and the trilogy where fans met in their respective countries and hung out on the same day) but have it official and backed by the band. 

2. Have a request tour in the vein of what bands like Metallica and Muse have done. Fans vote for certain songs to be played on each show.

3. Re-release Dookie/AI/anniversary albums but put B-Sides, Demos, unreleased songs etc.

1. Just be the three of them + Jason playing live shows again 
2. Switch up the setlists A LOT 
3. Over time release all of their unreleased songs and demos

1. Release reissues of all albums with a bonus disc of unreleased songs and demos.

2. Release a live DVD of a complete RevRad show with backstage bonus material.

3. Release a new Green Day album that is the greatest thing they’ve ever done and sells millions. 

16 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

1. Just be the three of them + Jason playing live shows again 

I think your wish has been granted years ago already

1. Re-release a collection of songs from first two albums on upgraded studio equip.

2. Play when its time at my wedding. (No im not getting married, im still single........ladies.....)

3. Release live DVD from a large show from revrad tour like wrigley field or rose bowl.

1.Re-Record Imsomniac with lighter guitar tones, more guitar solos and more harmonies. (Updated Billie Vocals wouldn't hurt either) .. Would be a masterpiece.

2. Incorporate at least one song from each trilogy albums into future green day sets (respect your best music, don't listen to ignorant fans).

3. Tone down the 'punk rock' antics going forward, and focus on making great music! An acoustic driven rock album like Warning, minus the polical BS would be a great move for Green Day now, especially approaching their 50s! Don't avoid your mortality! 

1. Release an album of "acoustic encore" style songs from their whole career.

2. Definitely release Dreamcatcher

3. Back in the USA on the setlist

1 Play full Insomniac

2 Make a re-record of Pulling Teeth with acoustic guitars and some violins

3 Make an acoustic tour

1.Play several rare songs live at each show

2. Participate in a second Network Album

3. Participate in more episodes of the Jeff Matika show 

11 hours ago, 1039Revolutions said:

1.Re-Record Imsomniac with lighter guitar tones, more guitar solos and more harmonies. (Updated Billie Vocals wouldn't hurt either) .. Would be a masterpiece.

2. Incorporate at least one song from each trilogy albums into future green day sets (respect your best music, don't listen to ignorant fans).

3. Tone down the 'punk rock' antics going forward, and focus on making great music! An acoustic driven rock album like Warning, minus the polical BS would be a great move for Green Day now, especially approaching their 50s! Don't avoid your mortality! 

So re record their best album to sound like their worst?

Insomniac would NOT sound good with a lighter guitar tone 

2 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Insomniac would NOT sound good with a lighter guitar tone 

It can't hurt

56 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

It can't hurt

It sounds great as is - a cleaner guitar tone would take away a lot of the heaviness that makes those songs great. The trilogy sounds so poppy partly because of the guitar tone

43 minutes ago, Joe. said:

It sounds great as is - a cleaner guitar tone would take away a lot of the heaviness that makes those songs great. The trilogy sounds so poppy partly because of the guitar tone

Insomniac is the only GD album I hate so I think anything could make it better. And I enjoy the Trilogy

24 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

Insomniac is the only GD album I hate so I think anything could make it better. And I enjoy the Trilogy

It's got great production and songwriting, vs the trilogy which has about 6 passable songs 

I don't understand why would anyone want Insomniac to sound like the Trilogy or the Trilogy to sound like Insomniac. I like the diversity. We'd all die of boredom and have nothing to talk about if all their music sounded the same.

37 minutes ago, Joe. said:

It's got great production and songwriting, vs the trilogy which has about 6 passable songs 

I disagree. I think the entire album is a mess. The only thing I will give it is there are some great lyrics.

19 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I don't understand why would anyone want Insomniac to sound like the Trilogy or the Trilogy to sound like Insomniac. I like the diversity. We'd all die of boredom and have nothing to talk about if all their music sounded the same.

I don't want Insomniac to sound like the Trilogy. I just don't like the album.

1 minute ago, Grubby Poop said:

I don't want Insomniac to sound like the Trilogy. I just don't like the album.

Yeah I get that, I wasn't reacting to you. I just wanted to say that the whole idea that something would be better if it sounded like something else seems dodgy to me because the reason why I still enjoy Green Day is that not everything they do sounds the same.

6 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Yeah I get that, I wasn't reacting to you. I just wanted to say that the whole idea that something would be better if it sounded like something else seems dodgy to me because the reason why I still enjoy Green Day is that not everything they do sounds the same.

I definitely agree that  one of the great things about GD is that not everything sounds the same. They appeal to a variety of people, many with different musical tastes. However, I can understand wanting to hear something you don't like a different way. It may not work, but it may. Plus, just because something was originally done one way doesn't mean you can't do it another. Think of it as a cover. The best example I can think of is STay the Night. I like the original version of Stay the Night, but I think the acoustic version is mesmerizing. 

1. Add some variation into their set lists.

2. Make the AI movie happen with Billie as St. Jimmy sooner rather than later and have it be at least somewhat good.

3. Put out an amazing new album in the next couple years.

17 hours ago, 1039Revolutions said:

😱 but, the best thing about insomniac is how heavy it is. 

re: #3 - so become lame old men 20+ years before they could even be considered “old”?

• Hermione changed the title to Make A "Green Day" Wish to Billie Joe Genie

Archived