The Coverups - Ivy Room January 15

pacejunkie punk

This is awesome :dance:. How great to see all those covers! And Billie's shirt was on point :D

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jengd said:

Great, but weird to see Billie playing lead like that, wearing the guitar so high.  Don't think I've ever seen him wear it like that before.  

Sorry, during Happy!

AWESOME TO NOTICE THIS!  Dead on.

10 minutes ago, Hermione said:

This is awesome :dance:. How great to see all those covers! And Billie's shirt was on point :D

I need that jacket! Very much like his St. Jimmy costume....

Incredible. This is why I love them so much! They constantly throw surprises at us that always keeps us guessing. I've now effectively procrastinated at work for the last half hour or so from watching these videos.

Also, Mike's playing reminds me of the bassist from The Network. Same kinda movements that Van Gough has. :)

48 minutes ago, jengd said:

These youtube videos are great.  Mike's voice is really suited to I Want to Be Sedated, as is Jason's for Pretty In Pink, but I wish Billie sang Peace, Love and Understanding.  Mike not playing bass is strange, or maybe it's that beret that's strange.  They obviously had fun, looks like a great night, but possibly the weirdest raffle I ever saw. :lol:

The raffle was genius, perfect gimmick for a covers band to do. I agree Billie should have sung PL&U he would have sounded great. I was looking forward to that one and was a little disappointed. Jason was great on other ones though, his best were Happy, Dancing With Myself and Pretty in Pink.

48 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

😁😁😁 I cant imagine what an experience this must have been for those of you who were there. And @pacejunkie punk you deserve a round of applause 👏 for finding this and keeping the faith despite attempts to throw us off. 

Aw, thanks ☺️ I’m just so glad it turned out to be what I knew it would in my gut, or I was going to feel really stupid. 😂 This has been loads of fun, I love our band for their sense of humor that won’t quit. 💚💚💚

@jengd:

Neat, neat, neat was amazing! Yes!! I’m so glad I’m not the only one freaking out over this one. Elvis Costello used to cover it way back in the seventies and I’ve always loved this punk classic. Pretty obscure, I freaked when I saw it on the setlist and Billie fucking killed it! It was one of my favorite ones of the set and Ziggy Stardust was pretty kickass too. 

And once again thank you @Admiral_Needa for the amazing quality videos. It was the next best thing to being there I so wish I was.

9 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Also, Mike's playing reminds me of the bassist from The Network. Same kinda movements that Van Gough has. :)

That’s funny you mention that, because with the beard and beret I was thinking he’s starting to look like Van Gogh 😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Aw, thanks ☺️ I’m just so glad it turned out to be what I knew it would in my gut, or I was going to feel really stupid. 😂 This has been loads of fun, I love our band for their sense of humor that won’t quit. 💚💚💚

Please keep on looking for other mysterious Instagram accounts to post and discuss here, maybe we can get some more shows out of them :P

I dream the day Green Day records Color Me Impressed. That song fits them so well

And for the set, is quite interesting that Green Day has covered most of those songs before :lol:

I love this.  Straight up covers, top choices at that, no gimmicks or personas.   Just great music from some of my favourite men.  What a special night for those who were lucky enough to be there.  The videos are amazing @Admiral_Needa, pure gold, thank you.  Mike’s voice, Jason, they all look so happy and relaxed and I’m still laughing at that heckler but I reckon after a few more views that will wear off pretty quickly.   Saving up right now for airfare for the next one. 

Just finished watching the videos and I’m surprised no one has mentioned the improvement in Billie’s voice. Not quite at pre-Rev Rad tour level and a little rough at times in the lower register, but much stronger and greatly improved from the end of the tour. 

3 hours ago, jengd said:

Great, but weird to see Billie playing lead like that, wearing the guitar so high.  Don't think I've ever seen him wear it like that before.  

Sorry, during Happy!

I was thinking the same thing. Is that a slide is see? Such a bizarre image 

32 minutes ago, uptightallthetime said:

I love this.  Straight up covers, top choices at that, no gimmicks or personas.   Just great music from some of my favourite men.  What a special night for those who were lucky enough to be there.  The videos are amazing @Admiral_Needa, pure gold, thank you.  Mike’s voice, Jason, they all look so happy and relaxed and I’m still laughing at that heckler but I reckon after a few more views that will wear off pretty quickly.   Saving up right now for airfare for the next one. 

People were turned away for this one I expect if there is a next one people will be camping out now that the cats out of the bag. Maybe they can fool us all again with another name change? 😂

As for gimmicks, I’d say the raffle prizes were pretty gimmicky but they were so hilarious I don’t care. You gotta have some fun with it after all. 😁

26 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Just finished watching the videos and I’m surprised no one has mentioned the improvement in Billie’s voice. Not quite at pre-Rev Rad tour level and a little rough at times in the lower register, but much stronger and greatly improved from the end of the tour. 

No but I was thinking it. He sounded great. I think playing a small club makes a difference. If he doesn’t have to strain to reach the back row in a 30,000 seat arena that really helps. 

Billie singing Ziggy Stardust has made me super hyped and happy. What a great gig with fab cover songs. I’m literally dying of jealousy as well as loving all these vids. After repeated viewings of the NYE ones I never would have guessed to get some more so soon ❤️

Amazing night. They played some of my favourites including The Damned and The Psychedelic Furs!! It was almost a GD meets Pinhead Gunpowder infusion. Really whetted my appetite for a full Pinhead Gunpowder show. Awesome to see Bill and Jason get more stage time. Really surprised Mike was there! Was not expecting that at all!! Brit was there with Mike and the guys took photos and said hi to a lot of us as it was so tiny. The only thing that wasn't super fantastic about the night (and I'm reluctant to mention it and was hoping someone else would do it first) was seeing Billie drinking on stage. I won't say anything more about it except that it was the only thing that wasn't brilliant about the night. Otherwise it was awesome. Smallest secret gig yet!

Looked like quite the show! I regret not flying over there haha Did they meet/take photos with a lot of fans, or just a few lucky ones?

@team can you please rename this to "Is BiLliE JoW ReLaPSinG aNd GoNNa DiE????" because this is what it will turn into. 

2 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Actually it was Corona.

Not according to that pic so unless you have proof then stop being a troll.

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not according to that pic so unless you have proof then stop being a troll.

:lol: That picture was not taken at the gig so it's worthless. I'm not arguing this. I saw what I saw. I'm sure someone will post better photos than I have of the stage which will show the bottles or the giant Corona bucket holding the beers in front o the drums!

We saw him with a beer plenty of times after the rehab, so I think there's nothing to discuss. 

Archived