Green Day Garage Sale

bjafan129

Billie Joe will be selling off some of his Guitars/Amps/Mixers on Reverb starting December 20th. Guitars include the Martin used to record 21 Guns and other songs on 21st Century Breakdown, many Grestch's used during the Trilogy era, a few Les Paul Juniors from the 50's as well as a Brian May guitar used for We Are The Champions during the American Idiot tour. Amps include a Victoria used to record songs on American Idiot, and a Silvertone used on the Trilogy. 

https://reverb.com/news/shop-preview-the-official-reverb-green-day-garage-sale?utm_campaign=1612019_bloggreendayshop&utm_medium=FB&utm_source=FB

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for sharing, interesting.  I like how he’s not admitting to how many Les Paul’s he has, far less how many guitars in total.

I expected that the money would be going to some kind of charity but I didn't see anything like that in the article. This is interesting, I wonder why he is doing it. 

I will check it out and see if I can afford to buy myself a Christmas present. My guess is no.

Billie's hair is getting so poofy and curly! I'm glad he's getting rid of the trilogy guitars and amps (and the studio they recorded it in haha), never again! The guitar tones were not the green day I know and love! kinda interesting though that he's getting rid of the american idiot amp

I guess he just wants to sell all these since he finds to have too many of them, as he kept saying! Maybe he'll let people know more about it, if there's anything else; or maybe not, it's up to him. I'll be just happy to wait and see anything that he comes up with, at any time.

For now, I'm deeply happy, for it's the first official appearance I see of Billie since the end of the tour, and he looks just fine. Nothing could please me more. 

God what a nice problem to have, having too much shit like this. I barely have room for my one guitar in my room 🙄

I myself am hoping to get one of the Gretsch's he has or the Martin! My one friend pointed out that they may not be as expensive as they really dont need the money. One could hope!! I thought the whole point of Billie opening Broken Guitars was for him to sell of his stuff :lol:

They did something similar to this a few years back but not online. I know someone now owns the backstage guitar Billie used in Bullet In A Bible and Jason used it for Waiting in 2000/2002. 

thanks for this.  I just it on IG.  Would love to get my son one of the guitars.

4 hours ago, bjafan129 said:

I myself am hoping to get one of the Gretsch's he has or the Martin! My one friend pointed out that they may not be as expensive as they really dont need the money. One could hope!! I thought the whole point of Billie opening Broken Guitars was for him to sell of his stuff :lol:

They did something similar to this a few years back but not online. I know someone now owns the backstage guitar Billie used in Bullet In A Bible and Jason used it for Waiting in 2000/2002. 

I feel like it'll be tricky no matter what. Either they'll be priced out of range for anyone who doesn't have a couple grand just layin around, or if they're more reasonable, they'll get snatched up like wildfire. 

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Did RevRad really do that poorly, between this and Mike selling his houses? :P 

they made 38 million if a few months on tour, i dont think moneys the problem here.......

5 minutes ago, kbuckk24 said:

they made 38 million if a few months on tour, i dont think moneys the problem here.......

No I think it’s space 😄 He doesn’t want to show up on an episode of Hoarders

Man oh man what I wouldn't do to get my hands on one of those JR's!

Too bad I will never be able to afford one with my crappy job :lol:

also, living in Australia doesn't help either.

I'd love him to talk more and more about his recording's experience for song X and song Y but he's clearly a ''shut up and play'' guitarist type and I'm super ok with that. So happy for this video, it's always a pleasure to see the boys I'm in love with :happy: 

Very important to point out - no earring so this video isn't brand new. Truth is he spent so much money on his expensive diamond earring he has had to liquidate all his guitars and equipment.

51 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Very important to point out - no earring so this video isn't brand new. Truth is he spent so much money on his expensive diamond earring he has had to liquidate all his guitars and equipment.

Very important to point out - maybe he just took it off.

8 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

Cuz you know once you put one in they are impossible to remove  :lol:

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Cuz you know once you put one in they are impossible to remove  :lol:

It's just like tattoos, y'know? :lol:

12 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No I think it’s space 😄 He doesn’t want to show up on an episode of Hoarders

I'm literally picturing Billie sitting on his living room couch, and Adrienne having to step over guitars and push them out of the way just to go sit next to him. 

30 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I'm literally picturing Billie sitting on his living room couch, and Adrienne having to step over guitars and push them out of the way just to go sit next to him. 

I know!  They're already in every room in the house and in all of his recording/rehearsal/studio spaces, they have to have some warehoused too.  Remember the Otis tour and all the guitars on the couch upstairs? Tre: "There's nowhere to sit!"  

2 hours ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

He just made himself bankrupt to purchase said earring (hence the garage sale). No way he'll ever remove that thing.

47 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

He just made himself bankrupt to purchase said earring (hence the garage sale). No way he'll ever remove that thing.

You seem exceptionally well informed about the state of his bank balance. And the earring. :dry:

16 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

You seem exceptionally well informed about the state of his bank balance. And earring. :dry:

As it turns out I'm both his bank manager and the person who sold him the earring. What a coincidence. :ga:

5 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

As it turns out I'm both his bank manager and the person who sold him the earring. What a coincidence. :ga:

So you are a great salesman and a shitty bank manager.

Archived