Eyeliner Collab Billie & Kat VonD

Billie Joes Eyelids

10 minutes ago, jengd said:

Gosh, all this is about Kat Von D is news to me and I'm not really sure what to think but I agree that I can hardly see Billie and Adrienne condoning anyone's racist/bigoted beliefs.  Could it be that she got caught up in something and now looks back on it with horror at her own behaviour or just plain was led down an unpleasant path, made some mistakes in life, bad judgements etc, she wouldn't be the first person that happened to.  Or, maybe it's just reality, she has a good side (the animal welfare etc) and a bad side and other people have to work out how strong that feeling is and whether they can work with it or not.  I think the reality is - sad to say, and it's particularly visible in the US just now - that we are a long way from getting rid of all the nasty ways people have to throw shit at each other, whether it's over their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion etc etc etc.

I sympathize with your optimism but being a Nazi isn't just a "bad side". Being an asshole, sure. Being someone who willfully ignores multiple serious allegations against someone they're associated with, sure. But full blown Nazi behavior, that crosses so many lines...

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

Wow yeah allegedly once writing a shitty email to someone according to some celebrity gossip sites is on a par with being a predator who abused his position of power to commit sexual assault and rape. As for her ex husband I don't see what that has to do with it, he doesn't speak for her and there's all kinds of reasons women stay with shitty men other than that they think they're great and agree with their views.

None of this stuff about her is proven as far as I can see, it's rumour and that's why the source is TMZ and other such sites. This thread is for discussing the eyeliner collab, not unproven rumours and gossip about Kat Von D. When all anyone can say is "possibly" and "alleged" you can't make a judgement and condemn someone so really what's the point? Can we move on now please.

An anti-semitic email or whatever, a nazi husband, a nazi close friend, and another ex who claimed she exhibited nazi behavior. And that's just what I saw from 10 mins on google. It doesn't have to be on par with one of the worst scum bags in all of entertainment to be pretty freakin' shitty. Yes the first and last thing I named are alleged and of course the tabloid sites are the ones who love to talk about it, but that's a whole lot of smoke for no fire. Especially when you consider that it's actually known that the husband and the close friend DO behave this way. I get making that mistake once and not getting out of it soon enough. Love and friendships are complicated. Twice though? I understand that you don't want this to turn into an attack on her but I do think these things are worth noting and people can judge for themselves if they have a problem with it. Stuff like this shouldn't just get buried or ignored though. 

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I sympathize with your optimism but being a Nazi isn't just a "bad side". Being an asshole, sure. Being someone who willfully ignores multiple serious allegations against someone they're associated with, sure. But full blown Nazi behavior, that crosses so many lines...

An anti-semitic email or whatever, a nazi husband, a nazi close friend, and another ex who claimed she exhibited nazi behavior. And that's just what I saw from 10 mins on google. It doesn't have to be on par with one of the worst scum bags in all of entertainment to be pretty freakin' shitty. Yes the first and last thing I named are alleged and of course the tabloid sites are the ones who love to talk about it, but that's a whole lot of smoke for no fire. Especially when you consider that it's actually known that the husband and the close friend DO behave this way. I get making that mistake once and not getting out of it soon enough. Love and friendships are complicated. Twice though? I understand that you don't want this to turn into an attack on her but I do think these things are worth noting and people can judge for themselves if they have a problem with it. Stuff like this shouldn't just get buried or ignored though. 

Careful now. We are bringing down people's happy vibe. :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

No just making off topic posts about things that you can't make conclusions about because they're unconfirmed rumours.

11 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Haha, my life is a constant battle between not doing that and not glossing over things that should not be ignored.

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

No just making off topic posts about things that you can't make conclusions about because they're unconfirmed rumours.

I think calling it off topic is a stretch. I completely respect not taking it to the level of debating every detail of her life and choices but the topic is Billie collaborating with Kat. Billie is very outspoken against Nazi's. Kat has multiple connections to Nazis even if her alleged behaviors is false. People can decide for themselves if they want to investigate further or still buy the product, but I think it's only fair to that it's mentioned. That's pretty much all I have to say on this so unless something new comes up, I'll stop talking about it. 

Ok, I’m going back to worshiping eyeliner Billie.  I saw this gif once with the Maybelline strap line over it, can’t find that but have this instead.

Did I hallucinate it or did Kat's story yesterday say that she would have more about this today?

2 hours ago, RougeRogue said:

Dying though because in his signature, it really looks like "Billy" and that's not gonna help that common mistake at all :lol:

I had the same thought :lol: It totally looks like "Billy" at first glance. 

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I think it's actually more like "Billi" which is almost as amusing :lol: 

I always laugh at Billi but then I remember I sign everything Jan :lol:

The only reason, from the beginning, I want to buy that eyeliner is because I'm a Billie fan. Kat von D, as much as there is (or seem to be) to think of her, will never have anything to do with my fandom over Billie. So unless Billie himself ends the collaboration or punches her in the face because he finds out she's a Nazi, I am still very impatient to see the final shots as to drool over Billie, and to spend my money on that eyeliner once it's out for sale. No one will die of starvation if I don't buy it, I would only be depriving myself from that thing with a "Billi" :wub: signature on it.

1 hour ago, Kuromignonne said:

The only reason, from the beginning, I want to buy that eyeliner is because I'm a Billie fan. Kat von D, as much as there is (or seem to be) to think of her, will never have anything to do with my fandom over Billie. So unless Billie himself ends the collaboration or punches her in the face because he finds out she's a Nazi, I am still very impatient to see the final shots as to drool over Billie, and to spend my money on that eyeliner once it's out for sale. No one will die of starvation if I don't buy it, I would only be depriving myself from that thing with a "Billi" :wub: signature on it.

Haha, I'm gonna use this argument against myself when I inevitably talk myself into being okay with buying it, thanks.

6 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

Haha, my life is a constant battle between not doing that and not glossing over things that should not be ignored.

Same. Think I gave myself a tongue piercing by biting it so often :lol: 

3 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

So unless Billie himself ends the collaboration or punches her in the face because he finds out she's a Nazi,

:lol::lol: That has given me hilarious imagery in my head. :lol: He'd probably be terrified to punch her though because once they take away that box he'd be punching upwards :P

On 10/18/2017 at 7:48 AM, Billie Hoe said:

(and yeah they put too much of that stuff on him...)

tenor.gif

9 hours ago, Marki. said:

I had the same thought :lol: It totally looks like "Billy" at first glance. 

Why do I get the nagging feeling that he probably just misspelled his own name,... :lol:

46 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Why do I get the nagging feeling that he probably just misspelled his own name,... :lol:

Or worse, they faked the signature and got it wrong and were like "well, we already made several hundred thousand of these so..."

He was born to be a hall of famer. So much about him his iconic: his guitar, his look and even his name. I love that he only ever has to sign his first name and you know it’s him. The one and only Billie Joe :wub:

On 10/20/2017 at 12:57 AM, Jesus of Seneca said:

The "y" lookin letter is a J. Just messy handwriting!

I don't know if it has already been mentioned in this thread, but the photoshoot is totaly inspired by the movie Sid and Nancy. No doubt about it.
Take a look at this:
sid-vicious-nancy-spungen-cuffed.jpg?imw

Well, Billie is a tad sexier than Sid😬But yeah, in the photo shoot montage Kat posted you can see that picture in the foreground in some of the shots.Thats what they were modeling it after. I'm hoping that the whole punk vibe really comes out in the final product ad campaign.

I think they should have done a few shirtless ones if they were really going for the look. 😉

Archived