Eyeliner Collab Billie & Kat VonD

Billie Joes Eyelids

I don't know why the sexiness would be an issue at all. They're working doing an ad campaign, the same as acting, and their real life relationship statuses are irrelevant.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well sorry for ruining your enjoyment by voicing a legitimate concern I had.:ermm: I love the idea of Billie advertising eyeliner just as much as you guys, but him doing business with a possible anti semitic person certainly is worth discussing too, isn't it? I'm usually the first to defend Billie, if that is even needed here, but I find it questionable that during concerts he says he wants to punch nazis in the face but then does business with or is friends an anti semitic who I'm not sure has ever apologized. He might not be aware of what she did, but I'm concerned about the message this is sending to especially Jewish fans.

I'm not trying to stir up shit, just make sense of it, but if you guys want to focus on the enjoyment of eyeliner instead, I won't bother you with it. Sorry.

@herewegoagain the emojis in his comment are showing up totally different for me. Do you have an iPhone? 

I get that we probably don't want to get into this but as @Hero_Of_The_Hour mentioned, there's some info out there that's concerning. I don't want to discuss the validity of it. People can google. I'm just really not sure I can buy this product now and it frustrates me because I wanted to. I want to trust Billie's judgement but as we've learned with the Harvey Weinstein thing, even good people turn a blind eye to some bad shit. Still going to enjoy the photos though, it just sours the whole thing.

22 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Well sorry for ruining your enjoyment by voicing a legitimate concern I had.:ermm: I love the idea of Billie advertising eyeliner just as much as you guys, but him doing business with a possible anti semitic person certainly is worth discussing too, isn't it? I'm usually the first to defend Billie, if that is even needed here, but I find it questionable that during concerts he says he wants to punch nazis in the face but then does business with or is friends an anti semitic who I'm not sure has ever apologized. He might not be aware of what she did, but I'm concerned about the message this is sending to especially Jewish fans.

I'm not trying to stir up shit, just make sense of it, but if you guys want to focus on the enjoyment of eyeliner instead, I won't bother you with it. Sorry.

It seems like a lot of unconfirmed accusations and gossip though, it's not concrete stuff. Billie advertising eyeliner with someone doesn't mean we need to discuss everything about the person and start condemning him for associating with someone who once associated with someone who did shitty things or who's been accused of but not proven to have done something 10 years ago based on TMZ articles, sorry.

3 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

@herewegoagain the emojis in his comment are showing up totally different for me. Do you have an iPhone? 

It's not my screenshot but I have a samsung and they show up the same on Kat's post

"Hehe.." 

13 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I get that we probably don't want to get into this but as @Hero_Of_The_Hour mentioned, there's some info out there that's concerning. I don't want to discuss the validity of it. People can google. I'm just really not sure I can buy this product now and it frustrates me because I wanted to. I want to trust Billie's judgement but as we've learned with the Harvey Weinstein thing, even good people turn a blind eye to some bad shit. Still going to enjoy the photos though, it just sours the whole thing.

What you said. I'm afraid I was very much looking forward to this product but will not be supporting this lady. Also as you mentioned Weinstein it's a good time to point out that for decades rumours about him were ignored and dismissed as speculation. Kat's former boss made the claims about her years before she choose to become engaged to an actual nazi. There's a lot out there about her in relation to anti-Semitism. Maybe Billie was somehow completely oblivious. I'll choose to believe this is the case but I certainly will not buy this product or anything else of hers.

6 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It seems like a lot of unconfirmed accusations and gossip though, it's not concrete stuff. Billie advertising eyeliner with someone doesn't mean we need to discuss everything about the person and start condemning him for associating with someone who once associated with someone who did shitty things or who's been accused of but not proven to have done something 10 years ago based on TMZ articles, sorry.

I didn't condemn Billie for it, and I didn't mean to discuss everything she's ever done, or bring ya'll down but I didn't want to just ignore this, given Billie's reputation for being so anti nazism. I think especially now these accusations shouldn't just be disregarded because it might just be unproven gossip, when there are sources on this, because nazism and anti semitism is more than just "she's an asshole". :/ I'm not someone who starts controversy for shits and giggles, it's not like I'm enjoying this, I just thought it was necessary that this is at least mentioned. But yeah, I guess I'll leave it alone.

Spoiler

And this doesn't look like unproven gossip to me:

kat-von-d-3-.jpg 

I just don’t get it though, Billie and Adrienne are both good friends of hers. There’s no way you would be friends and not know this about a person especially as public as it’s been. We know they are not like this themselves and hate bigotry in all forms. How do they reconcile this? Just the fact that they are friends with her tells me there has to be more to the story or they wouldn’t be. I’m gonna have to trust their judgment on this and assume there are things we don’t know, like she temporarily drank the koolaid or something and now is reformed.

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I just don’t get it though, Billie and Adrienne are both good friends of hers. There’s no way you would be friends and not know this about a person especially as public as it’s been. We know they are not like this themselves and hate bigotry in all forms. How do they reconcile this? Just the fact that they are friends with her tells me there has to be more to the story or they wouldn’t be.

But you don't know every intricate belief about everyone you consider a friend right? I have plenty of people I'm friendly with that I know probably have drastically different views than mine. I also have plenty of people that I know next to nothing about their beliefs but are still friends with. It depends on what capacity one's friendship is and honestly, it's not the job of celebrities to scour their public history before becoming acquainted and working together. Although admittedly, yeah, that can lead to some unfortunate circumstances.

5 minutes ago, RougeRogue said:

But you don't know every intricate belief about everyone you consider a friend right? I have plenty of people I'm friendly with that I know probably have drastically different views than mine. I also have plenty of people that I know next to nothing about their beliefs but are still friends with. It depends on what capacity one's friendship is and honestly, it's not the job of celebrities to scour their public history before becoming acquainted and working together. Although admittedly, yeah, that can lead to some unfortunate circumstances.

But if this is something that is that public how could they not have heard it from somewhere? It’s hard to hide extreme views like that, it comes up in conversation assuming a person isn’t hiding it.

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

But if this is something that is that public how could they not have heard it from somewhere? It’s hard to hide extreme views like that, it comes up in conversation assuming a person isn’t hiding it.

Many celebrities, to my understanding, don't consume pop culture / tabloids in the same way we do. Cause they might be a part of it and don't wanna see it :lol:

Honestly, I couldn't remember if it was Kat Von D or some other lady that got in trouble over this stuff a while back. I might still be thinking of two different incidents/people actually. Generally speaking, public knowledge does not always mean common knowledge to everyone.

Kat Von D is a cool person in my opinion. She shouldn't be judged based on one comment she may or may not have made 10+ years ago when she was addicted to drugs and alcohol. She recently publicly accused Jeffree Star of being racist and denounced him for it. Also she doesn't even consider herself white, she was born in Mexico and considers herself Latina.

She does so much advocacy work for animals. Her company is cruelty free, meaning they don't test on animals. I like buying her products because I know my money is going to a ethical organization.

24 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

It's not my screenshot but I have a samsung and they show up the same on Kat's post

"Hehe.." 

Haha, weird. I think Billie has an iphone, right? So these are probably a little off. My iphone shows them as...the two dancing ladies with cat ears, a dancing woman, a dancing man, a woman with pink hair and pink and red make up on her face and a man with blue hair and red make up on his face. If I knew how to upload an image I would but hopefully that description helps, haha.

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I just don’t get it though, Billie and Adrienne are both good friends of hers. There’s no way you would be friends and not know this about a person especially as public as it’s been. We know they are not like this themselves and hate bigotry in all forms. How do they reconcile this? Just the fact that they are friends with her tells me there has to be more to the story or they wouldn’t be. I’m gonna have to trust their judgment on this and assume there are things we don’t know, like she temporarily drabk the koolaid or something and now is reformed.

I want nothing more than to assume the best and that these accusations are unfounded, and like @Billie Hoe said, I wouldn't bring it up for shits and giggles either.  But there are multiple incidents, with past boyfriends, friends, and her boss. If it was with one ex or something I'd give her the benefit of the doubt that she just used poor judgement or was blinded by love and should've ended it sooner, but there's a pattern over years. 

I can't imagine Billie and Adrienne don't know even if they don't scour the internet. This isn't one claim by one tabloid, it's a big thing. I imagine that if they've talked with her about it, she has probably told them that the claims are false or something like that. They probably haven't googled every detail and just take her at her word because most celebs know there's a lot of bullshit in the tabloid world. I also assume that because if they had googled, purely from a business standpoint, you'd think he would be like "okay, bad idea to be associated with her". But like I said, people turn a blind eye to a lot of shit. I hope that's not the case here and it's just them trusting a friend at her word. Still makes it hard to justify spending money on a product where she benefits. This is so aggravating. Her products are cruelty free too and I wanted to support that.

45 minutes ago, AmyxLongview said:

Kat Von D is a cool person in my opinion. She shouldn't be judged based on one comment she may or may not have made 10+ years ago when she was addicted to drugs and alcohol. She recently publicly accused Jeffree Star of being racist and denounced him for it. Also she doesn't even consider herself white, she was born in Mexico and considers herself Latina.

She does so much advocacy work for animals. Her company is cruelty free, meaning they don't test on animals. I like buying her products because I know my money is going to a ethical organization.

It wasn't just one comment like it was a flippant remark. It's alleged to have been an anti-Semitic drawing as well as disgusting language. Also a brief glance at Google indicates that she has a history of anti-Semitism in her online comments/activities. She also became engaged to an actual nazi and as for the Jeffree Star thing. She supported him for years despite some outrageous behaviour on his part (I absolutely will not post his disgusting language and behaviour but anyone can Google it). She parted ways with him and accused him of being racist (a complete understatement coming several years too late) after they fell out over copyright of a design. She even admitted she shouldn't have supported him and encouraged others to do so. Yeah duh he's a horrendous human being but he wasn't a problem until you fell out over copyright issues. 

Honestly I'm completely shocked and stunned to learn all of this. My younger brother had a tattoo done by her some years ago. This makes me feel so sick.

1 hour ago, AmyxLongview said:

Also she doesn't even consider herself white, she was born in Mexico and considers herself Latina.

She can't just not consider herself white, she is white. Her family is Italian and German who emigrated to South America.

Gosh, all this is about Kat Von D is news to me and I'm not really sure what to think but I agree that I can hardly see Billie and Adrienne condoning anyone's racist/bigoted beliefs.  Could it be that she got caught up in something and now looks back on it with horror at her own behaviour or just plain was led down an unpleasant path, made some mistakes in life, bad judgements etc, she wouldn't be the first person that happened to.  Or, maybe it's just reality, she has a good side (the animal welfare etc) and a bad side and other people have to work out how strong that feeling is and whether they can work with it or not.  I think the reality is - sad to say, and it's particularly visible in the US just now - that we are a long way from getting rid of all the nasty ways people have to throw shit at each other, whether it's over their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion etc etc etc.

Wow yeah allegedly once writing a shitty email to someone according to some celebrity gossip sites is on a par with being a predator who abused his position of power to commit sexual assault and rape. As for her ex husband I don't see what that has to do with it, he doesn't speak for her and there's all kinds of reasons women stay with shitty men other than that they think they're great and agree with their views.

None of this stuff about her is proven as far as I can see, it's rumour and that's why the source is TMZ and other such sites. This thread is for discussing the eyeliner collab, not unproven rumours and gossip about Kat Von D. When all anyone can say is "possibly" and "alleged" you can't make a judgement and condemn someone so really what's the point? Can we move on now please.

21 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Wow yeah allegedly once writing a shitty email to someone according to some celebrity gossip sites 

It was not a shitty email. Her boss on Miami Ink claimed that she directly handed him a drawing depicting a swastika and a burning star of David and it including language calling him a "Jewbag".  These claims were published in various articles. TMZ happened to be one of the sites I posted a link to. It doesn't imply they created the claims. Her former boss made the claims. 

25 minutes ago, Hermione said:

is on a par with being a predator who abused his position of power to commit sexual assault and rape. 

Literally nobody said this. Those of us who mentioned Weinstein did so in the context of not turning a blind eye to behaviour we see going on around us or ignoring the claims of the less powerful.

27 minutes ago, Hermione said:

As for her ex husband I don't see what that has to do with it, he doesn't speak for her and there's all kinds of reasons women stay with shitty men other than that they think they're great and agree with their views.

She didn't "stay" with some "shitty" man who she happened to already be married to or even in a relationship with. She choose to date and then become engaged to Jesse AFTER he made headlines for being a nazi. An actual nazi. In nazi clothes with nazi seig heil. I mean fuck that shit. 

32 minutes ago, Hermione said:

None of this stuff about her is proven as far as I can see, it's rumour and that's why the source is TMZ and other such sites. This thread is for discussing the eyeliner collab, not unproven rumours and gossip about Kat Von D. When all anyone can say is "possibly" and "alleged" you can't make a judgement and condemn someone so really what's the point? Can we move on now please.

This is exactly why we mentioned Weinstein. Deleted tweets. Her bosses word against hers (she's evidently more famous). Alleged is the word of the decade but there's SO much alleged stuff about her people on here deserve to know if they are about to buy into her brand.

Dying though because in his signature, it really looks like "Billy" and that's not gonna help that common mistake at all :lol:

18 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

It was not a shitty email. Her boss on Miami Ink claimed that she directly handed him a drawing depicting a swastika and a burning star of David and it including language calling him a "Jewbag".  These claims were published in various articles. TMZ happened to be one of the sites I posted a link to. It doesn't imply they created the claims. Her former boss made the claims. 

Literally nobody said this. Those of us who mentioned Weinstein did so in the context of not turning a blind eye to behaviour we see going on around us or ignoring the claims of the less powerful.

She didn't "stay" with some "shitty" man who she happened to already be married to or even in a relationship with. She choose to date and then become engaged to Jesse AFTER he made headlines for being a nazi. An actual nazi. In nazi clothes with nazi seig heil. I mean fuck that shit. 

This is exactly why we mentioned Weinstein. Deleted tweets. Her bosses word against hers (she's evidently more famous). Alleged is the word of the decade but there's SO much alleged stuff about her people on here deserve to know if they are about to buy into her brand.

If she was a proven nazi/racist etc it might be relevant to discuss Billie working with her being an issue. Since the words "allegedly" "accused" "might" "possible" are attached to all the reports/rumours and it might not be true that means she isn't proven to be anything and condemning her and/or Billie isn't necessary. The accusations have been posted but since they're unconfirmed there's really nothing more to discuss about them. Once again everyone is free to google about her and have an opinion but this thread isn't for discussing rumours about Kat Von D's character from celebrity gossip sites, it's for discussing the eyeliner. Feel free to either do that or not post.

9 minutes ago, RougeRogue said:

Dying though because in his signature, it really looks like "Billy" and that's not gonna help that common mistake at all :lol:

Nooooooo lol

Archived