Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Daddy.

4 hours ago, kaylubd said:

So I finally heard the new version of OW...not really digging it. Billie's vocals are good, but Miranda's vocals don't mesh well with his. The whole thing feels unnecessary. They could've just added another song from the Trilogy. 

Or Kerplunk!... Or Insomniac... :dance: Now I see why they ''ignored'' 39/Smooth: Trè wasn't on it.

3 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

I feel like the new version of ordinary world has no emotion to it

Yes, Miranda vocal lines (nothing on her voice) sound totally ''casual''...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

^^^ It says Hitching A Ride instead of Hitchin A Ride, and that looks so wrong.:lol:

It's even incorrect when trying to rip the tracks from the CD.

Well, this Greatest Hits album is just OK. The new tracks are OK, too. I like the New version of Ordinary World, it feels more produced. The original one sounds too flat for me. Back in the USA is a good song, but nothing extraordinary. I would love the record label added some b-sides or maybe something more from the Trilogy era (State of Shock, Fell for you Otis Mix, etc), maybe a studio version for Cigarettes & Valentines (I hope this one could be included on a "Shenanigans 2" album at last). I would take out one or two songs from Dookie, also there are 3 minutes left on the disc, Don't get why they put Brainstew without Jaded.

I don't mind the new OW. I think Billie Joe and MIranda's voices sound good together. However, Miranda's voice does sound kind of like it was almost sampled. It doesn't sound like a duet, more like two people recording separately and they stuck it together. However, it does make me happy when Billie records songs like this. He meets someone once and they think enough of him to do a recording like this. It seems like people meet him and respect him. 

On 11.11.2017 at 3:58 PM, ASMRBARBER said:

Ciao I have  listened to leak of new song "Back In America"  it was posted  on  torrent forum ( I will not post link because i respect band ) 

So what does it sound like ?

No doubt someone will upload it too you tube by end of the day :)

Scrolling through this thread again, I had to think about this post where @ASMRBARBER said that the leaked song sounded like Platypus 2.0. Since Back in the USA sounds nothing like Platypus, I was wondering if it was another leaked song you listened to (however that happened), maybe even the legendary "Fuck These People"? Could you solve this mystery please.

26 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

Scrolling through this thread again, I had to think about this post where @ASMRBARBER said that the leaked song sounded like Platypus 2.0. Since Back in the USA sounds nothing like Platypus, I was wondering if it was another leaked song you listened to (however that happened), maybe even the legendary "Fuck These People"? Could you solve this mystery please.

I don't think that's an actual song. I think the title sounds kind of dumb and un-Green Day

3 hours ago, Thatsername said:

I think he was just trolling. No one found any torrent and the lyrics he posted were known fakes from other songs.

5 hours ago, Thatsername said:

Dude he was posting Judas Priest lyrics. I think it was a troll :P 

2 hours ago, Clayish said:

The new song isn't terrible.

High praise indeed!

Miranda's fans seem unimpressed with Billie, haha. (Basing this off her instagram post). Then I go over to his post and there are fans criticizing too. Poor guy can't catch a break. 

19 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

Miranda's fans seem unimpressed with Billie, haha. (Basing this off her instagram post). Then I go over to his post and there are fans criticizing too. Poor guy can't catch a break. 

He really needs to stop forcing this song on people. Adding Miranda is just putting lipstick on a pig.

ETA: Actually the comments are mostly positive, apart from the ones that are offended by the collab because BJA “hates America” 😄

30 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

He really needs to stop forcing this song on people. Adding Miranda is just putting lipstick on a pig.

ETA: Actually the comments are mostly positive, apart from the ones that are offended by the collab because BJA “hates America” 😄

I was just gonna say that. 90% of the comments on Miranda's post are positive toward Billie. The comments on Billie's post are much harsher toward Miranda. I know a lot of people don't like this collab, but that's just rude. 

1 hour ago, neverdone2000 said:

I was just gonna say that. 90% of the comments on Miranda's post are positive toward Billie. The comments on Billie's post are much harsher toward Miranda. I know a lot of people don't like this collab, but that's just rude. 

Yeah I don’t particularly have anything nice to say so I just refrained from commenting. It’s really rude to leave a negative comment on his post.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Hahaha, oh totally, I agree. It's like, this song is not, nor will it ever be a hit. Just let it lie. 

I feel like most of the ones I saw that were positive on his were like "Thank you for the show the other night" so irrelevant. Or on hers they were like "Miranda you're amazing" again, irrelevant, haha. But hopefully there are more that actually relate to the song now. I looked right after he posted.

I love comments like that. Stupid rednecks (no offense if there are any smart rednecks on here, I'm not including you) who don't get that patriotism isn't about being a kiss ass toward your government. 

8 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

Yeah I don't like it much but some GD fans are embarrassingly closed minded and rude when it comes to other music genres it has to be said.

5 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Yeah I don't like it much but some GD fans are embarrassingly closed minded and rude when it comes to other music genres it has to be said.

Not only GD fans, nowadays what people most love is to hate... all that matters is their only opinion... only haters have a good musical taste, everything they dislike is trash and must be criticised

I mean, I'm not sure if Billie's trying to make OW a hit. It hasn't actually been released as a single. Other than a couple of tv performances and this new version, OW hasn't really been treated any different than the other new RevRad songs

Archived