Billie Joe To Make Appearance in Michael Moore’s Broadway Show

Billie Joes Eyelids

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

I'm trying to figure out which day he's going to be on. I can go just about any day but can't start throwing cash around randomly hoping I hit the right one, haha. Has anyone found info on what day he'll be on?

22 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I'm trying to figure out which day he's going to be on. I can go just about any day but can't start throwing cash around randomly hoping I hit the right one, haha. Has anyone found info on what day he'll be on?

I don't think anything specific has come out. It sounds like it's a politically-charged show and it features a lot of famous progressive celebrities, but not all are in entertainment. Some are politicians or activists. So what the heck will he be doing, ranting about Trump? I'm not familiar with the show.

26 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

Likely around the 23rd, when they'll be in NYC for the Global Citizen fest - hopefully there'll be more news soon so you can go and report back! 

2 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I don't think anything specific has come out. It sounds like it's a politically-charged show and it features a lot of famous progressive celebrities, but not all are in entertainment. Some are politicians or activists. So what the heck will he be doing, ranting about Trump? I'm not familiar with the show.

I haven't read much on it but honestly, Michael Moore, Billie, and politics? That combo is like Christmas morning to me (I know, I'm weird don't judge)

1 minute ago, so-unholy said:

Likely around the 23rd, when they'll be in NYC for the Global Citizen fest - hopefully there'll be more news soon so you can go and report back! 

That's what I'm figuring. 22nd seems most likely since 2 years ago I know at least some of the bands for GC soundchecked the afternoon before so they'll likely be in town. But I'm too broke to gamble on it. If anyone hears news though let me know! I'd be happy to report back anything and everything I can from the experience :)

Split this into its own thread

Wow this is awesome. I wonder what exactly he'll be doing

It sounds like a variety type panel show with talk and stories and games, so maybe he'll be one of the guests that participates in a game or something. I noticed Michael Mayer directs it so that must have been how it was brought to him. Agree about that NYC weekend, makes sense if the date is available and they're in town for a single show with nothing else scheduled around it (I had wondered if he and Adrienne would also be visiting Jakob that weekend so they may be planning a stay of a few days).

And since the band are there too, and it's the fifth anniversary of his sobriety so a big weekend all around...Hot Tubs show?

So weekend balcony seats are $39.99, and weekday balcony seats are $29.99.
There are definitely some show clips online, so hopefully, if one watches them, can get a sense of what this might entail.

This sounds really interesting, hoping we get some clips at least.  

There is a show on UK tv with a comedian, John Bishop, which I think Billie would be great on. They have quite an in-depth chat with one person each week, rather than just two minutes in among half a dozen other folk which is what talk shows have become. May right to them and suggest him!

21 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

OMG!Someone read my mind!.I was reading article on this new one-one-appearance-Michael Moore on Broadway but he was interviewing Jim Carrey  and I thought maybe..BIllie should be in on here.

It is very interesting and insight show. :toocool:

17 hours ago, Hermione said:

leftist guilt driven music on stage doesn't sound like a success story in the making 

Love it. FUCK TRUMP.

56 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

leftist guilt driven music on stage doesn't sound like a success story in the making 

That IS the story of Green Day you realize. ???

18 hours ago, Hermione said:

He'll be talking with Moore and probably playing.

17 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

That IS the story of Green Day you realize. ???

Maybe he doesn't know that Green Day is a successful band? Shhh, don't tell him it was their three most political albums that reached #1. 

3 hours ago, Sarcasm said:

:whistle

americanidiot.gif

16 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

I was thinking more like Farenheit 9/11 the musical or Sicko on ice

Now that I'd pay to see :lol: 

BILLIE JOE IS GOING TO BE IN THE SHOW ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 21ST!!!!

Tickets are still available if ya wanna grab 'em. Got mine :)

PS. My source is the homepage for the play michaelmooreonbroadway.com it's in the scrolling thing at the top. 

FYI there's A LOT of tickets left. I don't know why they aren't actively promoting the guests more. It would help sales.

Wow so much of Billie/Green Day for NYC!

Wish i could travel there for all these. I'm excited for those of you who can go!

I wonder how much Billie would appear on that Broadway show. As in if he'll appear on most of the show or just a bit. Just saw on the website it is directed by Michael Mayer, so not too surprising that Billie is a guest.

For those that can go, I would recommend not sitting on the balcony (maybe unless you are in the first row). I've been to the Belasco Theater and sat once in the orchestra (the floor) and view was of course great and I also sat once on the like the 5th row or something of the balcony and had a very hard time seeing, especially when people on the first few rows lean foward, which they did a lot at that time.

Archived