Green Day Donates Original Tour Bus To Wheels For Wishes

desertrose

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Did they let you go inside the Bookmobile?

No 😩

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I'm terrible at social media and just now realized I never posted the photos from when @JardyOfSuburbia and I visited the Bookmobile... oops. :lol:

Here's a bonus photo:

I considered it too embarrassing for social media, but I feel right at home being an embarrassing fangirl on here. :P

Xp0ld4P.jpg

^ Note: There are multiple photos on that Instagram post, you just need to click through them all...

Here's when I got to see the Bookmobile! I never did post these photos on here.

My friend caught my genuine reaction to seeing the Bookmobile:
wkUkxpi.jpg

And then I posed with it the only way I know how to pose with a bookmobile (It's kinda awkward trying to figure out what to do):
Zc4iBr5.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just saw an ad for West Coast Customs that redid the bookmobile and hubby spotted Billie Joe.  So it will be on this season.  Can't wait to see it.

Wait, do you mean this a TV programme?  Don't think it has made it to the UK, I don't suppose any of our US cousins would be watching and could share for us????  Please?  Would love to see the book mobile.

3 hours ago, jengd said:

Wait, do you mean this a TV programme?  Don't think it has made it to the UK, I don't suppose any of our US cousins would be watching and could share for us????  Please?  Would love to see the book mobile.

It airs on Fox Sports 2 as much as I can tell. You can Google the show it’s had seven seasons so I’m guessing the Bookmobile episode will be in season 8. Can’t find the trailer or info about it online though. 

Bookmobile before it was Green Day's

Found this tonight, some info on when the show will be on.  It is on Velocity, not Fox Sports 2 anymore.

https://www.moviefone.com/tv/inside-west-coast-customs/234922/season-8/

Next Episode - Season 8 - Episode 1 : Green Day's Bookmobile Jan 23, 2018

Rock band Green Day, which once toured the country in an old bookmobile customized by drummer Tre Cool's father, partners with the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and the Make-A-Wish Foundation to bring the bookmobile back to life.

https://www.velocity.com/tv-shows/inside-west-coast-customs/

http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/tvshow

West Coast Customs

December 27, 2017 at 7:08pm ·

Taking suggestions below PLEASE! What would you like to see more of on our TV show Inside West Coast Customs on Velocity? Or how about a new YouTube series or more Facebook live sessions with CEO Ryan Friedlinghaus? All comments welcome! #happyholidays Things to ponder during this holiday week!

^^^ Thank you! I found the channel on Verizon I’m gonna record the show.

ETA: Done. It shows up on my online guide. The episode is an hour long! :dance:

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this episode on YouTube. Really great episode. I loved that West Coast Customes treated the history inside the bookmobile with such care. I can’t believe how bad Green Day allowed that thing to get.

Did we ever find out what was inside that safe?

• 2 months later...

Oh man.. I hope it comes to Chicago. I would love to see some Green Day history up close!

6 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Oh man.. I hope it comes to Chicago. I would love to see some Green Day history up close!

Just check the Dookie tour. Wherever they played that’s where it will stop. What’s awesome is I had a chance to see it when it was in Cleveland but I missed out and didn’t get there. Turns out now it will come to me with a stop in Pittsburgh 😁

I assumed it would just end up in someone's private collection or whatever - this is really cool!

This really is a such a great story. They donated it as scrap metal and had no idea how it would be brought back to life. It really must be surreal to them to now see it will be hitting the road without them! Their old tour bus is actually going touring all by itself and people will come out to see that (I know I will)! It’s hilarious and strange — as strange as having a bookmobile as a tour bus to begin with. I love how the bus itself has now taken on a life of its own.

• 1 month later...

Archived