NEW?!?!? Troubled Times video?!?

BillnTed

Green Day Brasil seems to be quite a frequented/respected fansite sharing new etc, so I wouldn't say that indicates/gives the impression that it's fan made. I find the whole Vimeo thing way weirder. Why post both? :lol:

13 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I think the video would have been more powerful if Green Day hadn't shared it on "the" Facebook and if this thing would have been kept "leaked". I hope they won't upload it to their YouTube. I realize it's a Green Day song but to me it felt like Billie did this as himself only, because he thought it should be out there, not because it would give them attention on social media. It would be nice if it could be kept unofficial. Them sharing it under the official account kind of makes it less... "magical" to me.

I think I get you. In a way it feels like just sort of an extension of a spontaneous instagram post by Billie. Like "this is what I'm feeling really passionately right now", in video form.

A subtle nod from him would've been confirmation enough that it wasn't not meant to be seen or anything.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is it's unofficial only in the sense that Billie did this on his own without Mike or Tre's involvement so you can't properly call it a Green Day video. But it's no less "real", it just gets put out there quietly without official backing, kind of like the Otis remix. But it's intended to be seen and shared. I don't think it's been leaked or stolen. 

15 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

I think I get you. In a way it feels like just sort of an extension of a spontaneous instagram post by Billie. Like "this is what I'm feeling really passionately right now", in video form.

A subtle nod from him would've been confirmation enough that it wasn't not meant to be seen or anything.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the video and it excited me so much, both the post and the video and even more so combined. This is a really great piece of art and I think it shouldn't be capitalized on (which they haven't really done yet!) given the sensitive video footage. People could think they're using tragedies to promote a song, which I couldn't fault the people for thinking and I hope that won't be the case. I just think their marketing should stay out of it as much as possible and maybe even delete the post from the Facebook page, and let the thing run its own course and be careful with how they approach it.

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

My guess is it's unofficial only in the sense that Billie did this on his own without Mike or Tre's involvement so you can't properly call it a Green Day video. But it's no less "real", it just gets put out there quietly without official backing, kind of like the Otis remix. But it's intended to be seen and shared. I don't think it's been leaked or stolen. 

But it appeared here first (supposedly). Unless @BillnTed will come back (I see you, anon :acute:) and say where they found the download link or the file in it (which they - come to think of it - if they have no other source must've then put on Vimeo in order to work around the no link rule) we can only assume they're the source. In other words, a leak. Followed by official backing on facebook.

I'm not arguing with you lol, just trying to fit the pieces of the puzzle together  :sherlock: 

7 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the video and it excited me so much, both the post and the video and even more so combined. This is a really great piece of art and I think it shouldn't be capitalized on (which they haven't really done yet!) given the sensitive video footage. People could think they're using tragedies to promote a song, which wouldn't be wrong, and I hope that won't be the case. I just think their marketing should stay out of it as much as possible and maybe even delete the post from the Facebook page, and let the thing run its own course and be careful with how they approach it.

Very good point, it was already all over instagram anyway. At least it seems to be getting a lot of positive feedback so far on fb, hopefully won't be a backlash.

7 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Very good point, it was already all over instagram anyway. At least it seems to be getting a lot of positive feedback so far on fb, hopefully won't be a backlash.

That's what I'm worried about. Green Day get a lot of hate comments on pretty much anything they post, political or not, and backlash for something like this is almost inevitable when posting it on Facebook. Thinking of this beautiful piece of art being met with comments like "I used to be a Green Day fan but now..." makes me anxious.

2 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

That's what I'm worried about. Green Day get a lot of hate comments on pretty much anything they post, political or not, and backlash for something like this is almost inevitable when posting it on Facebook. Thinking of this beautiful piece of art being met with comments like "I used to be a Green Day fan but now..." makes me anxious.

That's always gonna happen no matter what they do, so I wouldn't let it get to you! 

6 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

But it appeared here first (supposedly). Unless @BillnTed will come back (I see you, anon :acute:) and say where they found the download link or the file in it (which they - come to think of it - if they have no other source must've then put on Vimeo in order to work around the no link rule) we can only assume they're the source. In other words, a leak. Followed by official backing on facebook.

That's assuming @BillnTed isn't Billie or someone close to him. Then that source is the primary source and not a leak.  Apparently Green Day Brasil said:

"A music video for the song 'troubled times' appeared yesterday (12) at the green day International Forum. The user responsible for publishing it there was new and that was his first and only post until then."

So everywhere its been posted including vimeo its been put there by a new user or someone who rarely posts. That's whats suspicious to me. 

1 minute ago, Jenn. said:

That's always gonna happen no matter what they do, so I wouldn't let it get to you! 

If you hate on Green Day, you hate on me, sister :lol: 

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That's assuming @BillnTed isn't Billie or someone close to him. Then that source is the primary source and not a leak.  Apparently Green Day Brasil said:

"A music video for the song 'troubled times' appeared yesterday (12) at the green day International Forum. The user responsible for publishing it there was new and that was his first and only post until then."

So everywhere its been posted including vimeo its been put there by a new user or someone who rarely posts. That's whats suspicious to me. 

My point was that everything points towards BillnTEd being Billie/someone close :lol: I may be fumbling with words/the definition of leak, haha. 

I can just imagine him today checking out this place and everywhere else it's been posted to see the kind of feedback it's getting. You can't help yourself when you create something and put it out there you want to know what people think. Today is a day off but he's been awfully quiet. 

2 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

My point was that everything points towards BillnTEd being Billie/someone close :lol: I may be fumbling with words/the definition of leak, haha. 

Ok I got it. A leak to me implies a theft. But Billie can't really leak his own video. 😉

7 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The in bed bits to me convey the worry perfectly, sleepless nights over the state of the nation.

When I saw him shirtless in the bed I was thinking of something similar. Not sleepless nights, but waking up to the news, just as he woke up to the news that Donald Trump became president, and the immediate anxiety following as you process what has happened.

2 hours ago, JellyTime said:

Official Green Day facebook page shared the video from... Green Day Brasil fanpage :lol: WTF is going on :lol:

don't tell me it made by fan?..or I will go have "trouble times" for you!..just kidding..but seriously?..WTF?

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I can just imagine him today checking out this place and everywhere else it's been posted to see the kind of feedback it's getting. You can't help yourself when you create something and put it out there you want to know what people think. Today is a day off but he's been awfully quiet. 

Ok I got it. A leak to me implies a theft. But Billie can't really leak his own video. 😉

I'm with you. But he can ~*~leak~*~ it :ninja: (finally a 100% approriate use of the ninja emoji!)

I know right? Those really quiet days come every once in a while but surely he's keeping an eye on his phone. Speaking of - I liked the clip of scrolling through the instagram discover page. Subtle dig at social media as an evil there, BJ.

It's a cool find but not great.  I'll be waiting on the Forever Now music video.

Is it possible that if this was an official green day release they'd have to get permission from every news source to use their videos but because it's "fan made" (Billie made) Green Day can share it without having to get legal rights for the news videos.

I find this video really mesmerizing. I keep watching it to see more detail, from the clips to the use of effects. The shadow of a plane that crosses the whole thing, the double x x scribbles that remind me of Cuatro, the way he turns the camera when he sings "the world stops turning" and then pulls in close. So much detail. Amazing work for something pulled together so quickly. Even assembling all those news clips takes time.

5 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

It's a cool find but not great.  I'll be waiting on the Forever Now music video.

when is forever now music video come out?..and Billie Made..(i like that..and I am sticking to that!)

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

@BillnTed come on man, talk to us. We don't bite. :happy:

We absolutely do, but it's usually people who deserve biting and not sources who may or may not be idolized band members ♥ 

I don't see how people think this could have been made by fans?! Unless of course you are talking about groupies since the footage is filmed IN Billie's bed. This is just a strange attempt to whip up interest or confusion about the video. Get people talking. It worked. A real question is why is it even in existence when it isn't supposed to be being released. 

Just now, Billie Hoe said:

We absolutely do, but it's usually people who deserve biting and not sources who may or may not be idolized band members ♥ 

Exactly. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Is it possible that if this was an official green day release they'd have to get permission from every news source to use their videos but because it's "fan made" (Billie made) Green Day can share it without having to get legal rights for the news videos.

I believe you are correct about copyright being the reason for their not taking credit. I don't think this was all Billie's work however. It was most likely Chris Dugan. He produced their last video. He's been doing pretty much everything for them lately. Also Billie is on tour and that video would take significant time to cobble together as it has numerous clips in it. No way one person who is fronting a touring band manages it alone. He just filmed his part. In my opinion anyway. I just don't see what is going on with the releases from this album. They're all over the damn place. 

Just now, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

I don't see how people think this could have been made by fans?! Unless of course you are talking about groupies since the footage is filmed IN Billie's bed. This is just a strange attempt to whip up interest or confusion about the video. Get people talking. It worked. A real question is why is it even in existence when it isn't supposed to be being released. 

Yes, I agree. The likelihood that this is anything but another strange online move is extremely low.

I guess they changed their mind and are going to release it properly since TT seems likely to resonate with people these days. Otherwise this makes no sense. (Or maybe it's really just something Billie or someone made just for the hell of it.)

It's very likely he had help, but whoever worked on it isn't fessing up yet. It all may come out with time.

I mean no offence to Billie, but if he can't figure out how to fricken instagram live properly, I find it hard to believe he made the video himself without the help of other people.... XD

Archived