Business-Punk.com interview with Billie Joe

desertrose

It looks like an interview from  2016

On a Schnack with "Green Day" former man Billie Joe Armstrong

You got a kind of second spring in 2004 with the comment album "American Idiot". That was when George W. Bush was re-elected. Is Green Day better, if the simpler ones are in power?
Nee, Green Day is always good. Quite independently. There are enough other topics that we can cling to, even outside of politics.

What if I am young, feel an outsider and can not be an instrument - advice?
I say: friends with your strangeness. When you feel outside, there is always somehow a healthy and sensible way to find an expression.

Has this become easier?
For people who make music, definitely. You have Soundcloud, YouTube, all the platforms that have established a sleeplessness. I have on Instagram the hashtag #mynewband where I encourage young bands to get together and share their songs, or their work process on new material.

Not the first time you offer a platform to other bands. You had a label in the nineties, Adeline Records ...
... that's a hundred years ago!

Well, we're an economic magazine, and I just have to ask you if you did not have the idea of throwing up the music to concentrate on the label.
No, not at all. I have no idea at all about the business side. I only made the label, so I could bring the music of friends to the people and to the market. That was it. Leave me alone with numbers!

Good. But did you ever have what you would call a normal job?
No, because Green Day is my job. I look at this band as you would consider a DIY project, as if you were building a house together. We make everything ourselves - artwork, t-shirts, we are involved in all corners and ends. Always. Or whether one of our songs is to be used in a film, these are all decisions which have always occupied us all day long. It is important to us that every decision always feels right. This is work enough.

You've been rich for a long time. How to stay punk?
No idea. I do not even talk about money.

Really?
Yes. Never. I am only concerned about music.

And for acting, right? American Idiot, which already exists as a musical, is to be filmed by HBO. With you in the lead role.
Is not quite sure yet, but I think so. They should hurry there. I will not be younger. But I'm right on it.

greenday_Portrait_WEB-392x514.jpg  DBz1e_VWsAELBPI.jpg

DBz1eorWsAAaTw3.jpg

Business-Punk-7-2.png

http://www.business-punk.com/2016/12/perma-verkatert-und-bisschen-zu-bleich-auf-ein-schnack-mit-green-day-frontmann-billie-joe-armstrong/2/

Is that Google Translate? Still good find anyway. 

Oh also remember we have an interview tag now :thumbsup: 

Yes google translate.  thanks for the reminder of the interview tag.

21 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

dont forget the dog he drew

I like the implied tail wagging :D

For some reason I expected him to be way better at drawing lol. $10 that thing ends up on ebay.

Nice little interview though! Gotta love google translate :D Seems there was second page of text, I threw it in there:

Did Lin-Manuel Miranda, who has a great success with the musical "Hamilton", already met you? He said something about Twitter.
Not yet. A super type. We find the work really well from each other.

Who was the most interesting person you ever worked with?
Norah Jones. I recorded an album with her, "Forever". Country Music, we have made harmony singing in the style of Everly Brothers. That was a great collaboration.

Because it was musically challenging?
Also, but mainly because Norah and I did not even know each other. And then we came together, and everything happened as if by itself. I would like to work with her again.

What is different: Do you have a wish for Christmas?
This year? No joke: Peace.

OK. Let's go through this year, by way of exception. Can you paint a dog?
I'm supposed to paint a dog for you?

Yes, I think that would like some people very much.
Hmm. OK. Clear:

Thanks for Short and New/Old interview and photo..:cool:

His dog drawing is better the mine.:lol:

.and the New HBO AI's Movie with him playing St.Jimmy..I can't wait.;)

The dog drawing started well but by the time he got to the legs and tail it all went pear shaped

Good find, I like the interview. Also, he's way way better at drawing than I :lol:

The photos deserve a mention in the thread that shall not be named :ga:

9 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Good find, I like the interview. Also, he's way way better at drawing than I :lol:

The photos deserve a mention in the thread that shall not be named :ga:

which thread that shall not be named?..;)

37 minutes ago, Caroline Truong said:

which thread that shall not be named?..;)

The one we are discussing this photo in :P

Archived