Mike Dirnt talks about unreleased Green Day material that will eventually "all come out"

Siddharth_471

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this isn't news they've been said that it'll all come out one day for years 

I'd like to see that. It'd be cool for GD to release these things in between studio albums just to keep us fans from going years without hearing new material. The amount of time between the trilogy and RR was long and the gap between AI and 21CB was even longer. It's nice to hear new material in between those breaks like Stop Drop & Roll between AI and 21CB and Demolicious between the trilogy and RR

2 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

this isn't news they've been said that it'll all come out one day for years 

I don't believe they've ever said that. They've talked about unreleased material but I don't believe they've said that

Just now, MysticManiac said:

I'd like to see that. It'd be cool for GD to release these things in between studio albums just to keep us fans from going years without hearing new material. The amount of time between the trilogy and RR was long and the gap between AI and 21CB was even longer. It's nice to hear new material in between those breaks like Stop Drop & Roll between AI and 21CB and Demolicious between the trilogy and RR

I don't believe they've ever said that. They've talked about unreleased material but I don't believe they've said that

Mike has mentioned it'll all come out in a video interview before

1 minute ago, Jake69 said:

He said it in 2011 in this interview 

thanks I just got done rechecking that and was about to post that 

I'd love to hear stuff from the nimrod era, there's a bunch of unreleased stuff. I think everything they recorded during the insomniac sessions was released though. also, I think they said they recorded Haushinka for dookie, so I think that's out there, and not just the demo version. and of course I'd love to hear Cigarettes and Valentines

That title is going to get people's hopes up unfairly so I'm changing it :lol:, "to come out" sounds a lot more definite and soon-to-be-happening than "eventually all come out".

It's nice that he says that and nice just to know that they have a lot of unreleased material but I can't say I believe it will ever all come out :P. If they think some stuff is good enough they might put it out at some point but I'm sure they'd want to be pretty selective about it since no one's going to want stuff that isn't their best/they're not totally happy with out there. Just seems more like something to say, like "oh yeah it'll probably all come out one day", than a serious intention to actually do it.

18 minutes ago, Hermione said:

That title is going to get people's hopes up unfairly so I'm changing it :lol:, "to come out" sounds a lot more definite and soon-to-be-happening than "eventually all come out".

It's nice that he says that and nice just to know that they have a lot of unreleased material but I can't say I believe it will ever all come out :P. If they think some stuff is good enough they might put it out at some point but I'm sure they'd want to be pretty selective about it since no one's going to want stuff that isn't their best/they're not totally happy with out there. Just seems more like something to say, like "oh yeah it'll probably all come out one day", than a serious intention to actually do it.

The voice of reason as ever, thank you!

2 hours ago, BronniIsGod said:

A Shenanigans sequel would be fucking grand. <3

Shenanigans only had one unreleased track on it though. Two if you count DUI on the early version

I hope with this (although I don't really take it as a fully serious remark) he also means Live material, because gosh, there'd be so much good stuff there.

They'd just need to get it past the marketing staff of Warner, who are complete ''****'', because they'd probably do a thorough ''fail-proof'' computer analysis and estimate to see wether it would sell well first...

Other than that, they've recorded all shows for the last decade at least, no? This could therefore include: old rarities, or special concerts (such as 2015 House of Blues, or some of the promo concerts in 2009 etc. 

The most important reason I bring all of this up is, other bands have done this too and it's a blessing they did, in my opinion...

Yeah, I'm not sure ALL of it will end up being released, but I'm sure we'll get to hear some of this stuff some day like if they do an anniversary edition of one of their albums or something (not that GD do that, but you know what I mean lol) or it gets leaked on Reddit or whatever. 

Two thoughts come to mind:

a.) can that last part be taken to assume that he's kinda saying cig's and valentines is still around ;)

b.) i never knew mike had red hair, and i'm impressed :lol:

I believe Nimrod had a pretty significant amount of tracks that never made it on there. That's not including the b-sides. I still wanna hear the studio version of Allison and...what the heck "Alfred E Normal" was haha.

After they someday pass away Warner will release tons of this to milk every last cent out of them.. same as every other artist whose passed away, basically ever...

39 minutes ago, straighttohell said:

After they someday pass away Warner will release tons of this to milk every last cent out of them.. same as every other artist whose passed away, basically ever...

That's a happy thought:dry:

They should gather together all the fully formed ones and release them.  Leave out the ones that are pieces that could become new songs later on, that's part of their process and it's worked well for them.   

And they could do something that musicians don't do.  Release a b-sides and rarities album, and freaking release singles off of it! 

I agree with what others are saying.  Mike probably just meant that the songs will eventually turn into full fledged tracks.  

And we'll probably have to wait until at least Billie is in his coffin before the record company starts releasing this stuff.   I think he'll break the rock n roll mold and live a longlife.   Hopefully it'll be 2072 or later before we have to deal with a Post Billie Joe World.   *SHUTTERS*

A Post Billie Joe World.  Oh Man.   

I can just see the y'know man becoming a centurian:lol:  Damn there we go down that mortality path again,.....

Somehow I've never seen Mike with his hair dyed like that. Looks awesome!

7 hours ago, Hermione said:

You're more qualified to answer this than anyone- but you know how I had mentioned he had said that we'd already heard a lot of C&V (Network) already? I kind of think this references that we will all hear a lot of the stuff that's been written- not necessarily though B-sides but also through formal album releases as well. As in the unreleased stuff sometimes evolves and works itself into album material. Maybe I'm assuming too much, but from what I gathered about C&V it seems that the projects that are cast aside make their way into material that's ultimately released in some form...

What makes me sad is that this will happen when they stop playing. Not before since they don't need to do it now

Archived