Green Day: The Early Years. (Spotify).

MaraGreenDay

36 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I do agree it's probably not the best thread for this discussion, but do have to mention one thing.  I see that "not classify" comment sometimes, but it usually is missing part of the quote-

Thanks for this.  Don't think I have ever read the entire quote.   I do love that he has no insecurity in kissing a guy on stage or tv show.  It's no big thing to him.

So back to the Spotify series...since its the "early years" how far do you think it will cover?  Just to Dookie?

2 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

You do realise that it's perfectly possible to cheat on your wife and be straight right? I'd wager that most men who cheat on wives are straight. I'd also wager that if people think Billie is a cheater it's because of the trilogy :P That whole fucking record was about cheating (only slightly exaggerating) :lol: Whatever Billie gets up to in his PRIVATE life may make for amusing lyrics but otherwise is none of our business. Importantly the gender of who he may or may not get up to it with is definitely not. Who cares. He's a musician, he's not a reality star. 

This topic is becoming a car crash in slow motion... 

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh God though... really Billie? There are children in far flung lands that have yet to be born that call bullshit on that :lol::lol:

Didn't Billie said in some interview about Trilogy album: 

Uno is Classic Green day, Dos is make out party-album and Tre is After party album

or something like that?

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

I sometimes see people try and use the "not classify" comment to prove that he's not bi, when that's actually not what he said.

I agree 100% with you. I've seen that a million times and again it comes down to something else Billie has said about the fans ... it's homophobic in itself that they seem determined to believe that he is not bi. Also since the interview this came from in 2010 he discussed his bisexuality in 2014 in Rolling Stone so that quote is a non issue. That's all I wanted to say and now I'll wait for the next Thursdays episode/segment. I love all the old footage we get to see on this documentary :)

43 minutes ago, Niënor said:

Thanks for this.  Don't think I have ever read the entire quote.   I do love that he has no insecurity in kissing a guy on stage or tv show.  It's no big thing to him.

So back to the Spotify series...since its the "early years" how far do you think it will cover?  Just to Dookie?

I'm guessing it will cover up until Dookie makes it big. Probably the next one will be about the struggle to decide to leave Lookout, being courted by majors and Kurt Cobain dying helping boost the majors desire to sign a punk band etc. It will probably include a bit about Rob discovering them/hearing Longview etc and go up to them signing but wait until the following week for the backlash of the punk scene, Gilman's reaction, the bands inner turmoil but their ultimate breakout success. Just a guess though. I've watched waaay too many similar documentaries :lol:

One last thing about Billie being Bi. I think Most people doesn't understand about him being Bi, because they don't know different between bring a Bisexual and Cheating.

Bisexual is loving both gender equality and Cheating is liking someone else behind your back

anyways..

can't wait for part 3 of early years..

17 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

I'm guessing it will cover up until Dookie makes it big. Probably the next one will be about the struggle to decide to leave Lookout, being courted by majors and Kurt Cobain dying helping boost the majors desire to sign a punk band etc. It will probably include a bit about Rob discovering them/hearing Longview etc and go up to them signing but wait until the following week for the backlash of the punk scene, Gilman's reaction, the bands inner turmoil but their ultimate breakout success. Just a guess though. I've watched waaay too many similar documentaries :lol:

Yeah we only have two more episodes. The next one will probably be abouy leaving Lookout and the process of making Dookie. The last episode will probably be about the aubsequent tour, success of Dookie and end somewhete around the Woodstock show and allude to the popularity increase from there on out.

God, I hope they don't talk about "Woodstock concert again" every doc I see about GD, they keep mention that..it not their best moment for me it isn't

I hope they talked about "Revrad era' for the next part..

11 minutes ago, Caroline Truong said:

God, I hope they don't talk about "Woodstock concert again" every doc I see about GD, they keep mention that..it not their best moment for me it isn't

I hope they talked about "Revrad era' for the next part..

I really doubt they're going to talk about RevRad in a mini doc series about their early years :P 

• Like 1

I think they might cover up until AI, since so many people started listening to them with that album, and in a recent interview, can't recall which one, Billie said that in their career "there is sort of, like, before American Idiot and after American Idiot".

4 hours ago, DannyDirnt said:

I think they might cover up until AI, since so many people started listening to them with that album, and in a recent interview, can't recall which one, Billie said that in their career "there is sort of, like, before American Idiot and after American Idiot".

Nah, not when we only have two episodes left. They've set a pace and it would be a huge jump to do that.

• Like 1

The descripcion on the trailer says this: ""Green Day: The Early Years" chronicles the rise of the world's most influential punk band, from their origins playing shows at Berkley's notorious Gilman Street venue in the late 80s, through the release of the platinum-selling Dookie in 1994." 

So yeah, I think we'll have footage until Dookie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WorryRock02 said:

Do you guys think we will get Chapter 3 tomorrow?

Nope.

Every chapter will be released on thursday

4 hours ago, MaraGreenDay said:

The descripcion on the trailer says this: ""Green Day: The Early Years" chronicles the rise of the world's most influential punk band, from their origins playing shows at Berkley's notorious Gilman Street venue in the late 80s, through the release of the platinum-selling Dookie in 1994." 

So yeah, I think we'll have footage until Dookie. 

I am not surprised 

Chapter 3 is on!

17800260_610407769155832_246316372936665

But it doesn't work for me anymore :cry: None of the other chapters play for me, they don't even appear anymore, I hope someone can upload this one on Youtube too. I hate this :( 

• Like 2

I'm sure the rest will end up on youtube too :happy:

Loving the titles and artwork for these, totally poster worthy

5 hours ago, MaraGreenDay said:

Chapter 3 is on!

But it doesn't work for me anymore :cry: None of the other chapters play for me, they don't even appear anymore, I hope someone can upload this one on Youtube too. I hate this :( 

Love that artwork!

And yeah, I'm over the 'US Only' bullshit

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WorryRock02 said:

Hope someone's going to upload it on youtube soon!!!! can't wait to watch it!!!

Check the Channel who has the previous chapter.

I'm sure he's gonna upload it

• Like 1

My favorite quote

"I turned around, hey! My guys naked! Alright, we're really partying now."

lol

• Like 2

I can''t see the chapters since last week ...
Come on Spotify, open content for everyone :mad:

17 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

My favorite quote

"I turned around, hey! My guys naked! Alright, we're really partying now."

lol

Ha!  No big deal, right?  I love the video of that.  You can see Mike glance at Billie then he does a double take.  Why didn't they even show any of that on the Spotify thing?  It's weird that they mentioned it but didn't show it.

I also loved the "Billie Joe is a cute lesbian" (or whatever it actually said) underwear.

Spotify is so temperamental.  It usually takes me forever to be able to play the videos.

35 minutes ago, Niënor said:

Ha!  No big deal, right?  I love the video of that.  You can see Mike glance at Billie then he does a double take.  Why didn't they even show any of that on the Spotify thing?  It's weird that they mentioned it but didn't show it.

Yeah i know, they talked about cocksucking but nudity was just too racey? Haha