Still Breathing Campaign

Alf

8 minutes ago, RougeRogue said:

So...why are we thinking this is more official or cryptic or whatever?

Its what we do. #nolife

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tinkle said:

Its what we do. #nolife

:P

No judgement here, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

On March 20, 2017 at 5:51 PM, Jane Lannister said:

I've always had the impression that their social media (marketing in general) are all over the place. 

Their social media IS a mess. I so badly want to take it over. They're one of the biggest bands in the world and honestly their wives do a better job of hyping the music through social media than the person who is paid to maintain the official Green Day accounts.

I like the idea of #stillbreathing—asking people to share how they relate to it or how it inspires them. I think it's clear just from being on here that it has a lot of personal meaning to a lot of folks. That said, it's A) way too late and B) not clear. It should be pretty straightforward, but then they had to add the "make your voice count" bit, which literally makes no sense in this context. 

3 hours ago, stories and songs said:

Their social media IS a mess. I so badly want to take it over. They're one of the biggest bands in the world and honestly their wives do a better job of hyping the music through social media than the person who is paid to maintain the official Green Day accounts.

I like the idea of #stillbreathing—asking people to share how they relate to it or how it inspires them. I think it's clear just from being on here that it has a lot of personal meaning to a lot of folks. That said, it's A) way too late and B) not clear. It should be pretty straightforward, but then they had to add the "make your voice count" bit, which literally makes no sense in this context. 

Exactly, I feel like I would do a million times better job than what that person does and I'm no marketing expert (yet, going to uni next year! :P ).

I agree it's a great idea but ffs it should have followed the video (everyone surely remembers the emotional response it recieved) and yes, you're absolutely right, it shouldn't be difficult to say something like  "share what SB means to you" or something along those lines but catchier but NOT THIS, Jesus Christ, being cryptic only works when you clearly have something to reveal, not 6 months after the song was released. :happyhands: But at least they are doing something to promote the song, it's one small step for a man but one giant leap for gd marketing. 

9 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Exactly, I feel like I would do a million times better job than what that person does and I'm no marketing expert (yet, going to uni next year! :P ).

I agree it's a great idea but ffs it should have followed the video (everyone surely remembers the emotional response it recieved) and yes, you're absolutely right, it shouldn't be difficult to say something like  "share what SB means to you" or something along those lines but catchier but NOT THIS, Jesus Christ, being cryptic only works when you clearly have something to reveal, not 6 months after the song was released. :happyhands: But at least they are doing something to promote the song, it's one small step for a man but one giant leap for gd marketing. 

Are you going for marketing?  You do my heart proud.  :wub: 

5 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Are you going for marketing?  You do my heart proud.  :wub: 

I'm applying for more schools but marketing is definitely the choice no.1! :ga:

6 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I'm applying for more schools but marketing is definitely the choice no.1! :ga:

This is possibly my proudest gdc moment (other than beating Bobo in the gdc awards)  you are following in my footsteps

Just now, Scattered Wreck said:

This is possibly my proudest gdc moment (other than beating Bobo in the gdc awards)  you are following in my footsteps

Making my gdc mom proud is MY proud moment! :wub:

Just saw my email about it calling it a "movement". But much to call it that, it's a nice idea to share photos of what "Still Breathing" means to you but it really doesn't do much to help the world and doesn't constitute a movement, and is also mostly just a marketing move even if some good comes from it as a bonus, so I dislike that exaggeration.

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

Just saw my email about it calling it a "movement". But much to call it that, it's a nice idea to share photos of what "Still Breathing" means to you but it really doesn't do much to help the world and doesn't constitute a movement, and is also mostly just a marketing move even if some good comes from it as a bonus, so I dislike that exaggeration.

Yeah, I think it's a bit...presumptuous? I see what they're trying to do but when you're using one of your songs as the foundation of the 'movement'... :P 

A movement is "a group of people working together to advance their shared political, social, or artistic ideas". So I guess technically it could become one. Even if it's just for marketing. But using that term smacks a little of trying too hard. 

1 hour ago, Tubbie Head said:

This "marketing" thing is so bad It's kind kind of embarassing. :lol: 

It is. It's actually pretty horrible that Billie's ass photo was the most successful promo they've had in months. 

30 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

It is. It's actually pretty horrible that Billie's ass photo was the most successful promo they've had in months. 

It is a nice ass.  

I have to agree about their social media 'marketing', the posts are bland and uninspiring. The official twitter account is mainly re-tweets from Kerrang and the Instagram post on the day Rev Rad came out was pathetic. In the UK, Kerrang seem to be doing more to promote the album than GD's own accounts.

55 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

It is a nice ass.  

I know :creep:

7 minutes ago, Whatsername_123 said:

I have to agree about their social media 'marketing', the posts are bland and uninspiring. The official twitter account is mainly re-tweets from Kerrang and the Instagram post on the day Rev Rad came out was pathetic. In the UK, Kerrang seem to be doing more to promote the album than GD's own accounts.

I have a conspiracy theory that Kerrang is secretly run by Green Day's management and it is where all the good marketing efforts go. 

28 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I know :creep:

I have a conspiracy theory that Kerrang is secretly run by Green Day's management and it is where all the good marketing efforts go. 

It would be kind of genius. Pretend to be a somewhat credible rock mag, then just use that influence to promote Green Day :ga: 

30 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

It would be kind of genius. Pretend to be a somewhat credible rock mag, then just use that influence to promote Green Day :ga: 

Exactly. It must be either run by someone from the fangirls thread or it's their team doing the God's work from behind the scenes :lol:

Seriously, the last time I saw Kerrang, they had GD ads all over the issue, included them in at least 5 articles, had a column about how they're excited about (then) upcoming UK shows, all of that with pictures and a poster! I couldn't believe this was just a standard Kerrang, it was an issue we didn't even talk about here. They must be paying for so much coverage in one mag. 

So, whatever happened to this? Inventing a social media campaign and not feeding it is just so weird. I wonder if the mystery will ever be revealed.

I still like the idea and it would have been so cool to ask people to share their stories right at the time when the SB music video was released. But their social media guys totally screwed it. They should let GDC do their social media, we would conquer the world :D

25 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

So, whatever happened to this? Inventing a social media campaign and not feeding it is just so weird. I wonder if the mystery will ever be revealed.

I still like the idea and it would have been so cool to ask people to share their stories right at the time when the SB music video was released. But their social media guys totally screwed it. They should let GDC do their social media, we would conquer the world :D

The problem was that they never made it clear what it was for.  They never said it was to share your stories about what the song means to you.  I know I would not participate because I don't know what i'm sharing.  It could have ended up being something I don't believe in.  If they had made it clear what the campaign was for, I think it would have been better received.

I don't have Instagram, and I hate every kind of social network like that. I feel like GDC is the best place to share my #stillbreathing thought. So to not feel excluded from the rest of the world. :lol:

"This is the 5813rd day of my life. I've been into GD for exactly 1561 days. More than 1/4 of my entire existence. During that period, I learnt to feel something while listening to music. I started to play the violin and the bass. I spent entire summers alone, in my room, with a GD playlist on for every single occasion. Trying to be one of those three guys. Cool like BJ, strong like Mike and as crazy as Trè. When my grandfather died, 21 Guns helped me to go on in life. At the end of my three years of middle school, my writing exam, I talked about GD, excited to say "Ha Ha, You're Dead" to that fucking school. The soundtrack of my life. My sick life. I'm not that kind of person who gets emotional all of the time. They always see me like a cold rock. "You were never truly loved", as Muse would say. But today, during the last violin concert of my life, on the last note I've played, a C6, I understood I don't have to care about them. Because it was the best concert of my life (GD one is the obvious exception).

Still Breathing is a part of my body. I know everything about that song, since I tracked its performance for about 25 weeks. I can't live without it. At least I need to remind myself everyday that SB exists.

So, after this long 6 month of RevRad era I can say: I'm #stillbreathing. On my own. As usual. And I'll never regret."

Hope not to have bored you. But this is what I feel right now and I just needed to write it down. :)

18 minutes ago, End Of The World said:

I don't have Instagram, and I hate every kind of social network like that. I feel like GDC is the best place to share my #stillbreathing thought. So to not feel excluded from the rest of the world. :lol:

"This is the 5813rd day of my life. I've been into GD for exactly 1561 days. More than 1/4 of my entire existence. During that period, I learnt to feel something while listening to music. I started to play the violin and the bass. I spent entire summers alone, in my room, with a GD playlist on for every single occasion. Trying to be one of those three guys. Cool like BJ, strong like Mike and as crazy as Trè. When my grandfather died, 21 Guns helped me to go on in life. At the end of my three years of middle school, my writing exam, I talked about GD, excited to say "Ha Ha, You're Dead" to that fucking school. The soundtrack of my life. My sick life. I'm not that kind of person who gets emotional all of the time. They always see me like a cold rock. "You were never truly loved", as Muse would say. But today, during the last violin concert of my life, on the last note I've played, a C6, I understood I don't have to care about them. Because it was the best concert of my life (GD one is the obvious exception).

Still Breathing is a part of my body. I know everything about that song, since I tracked its performance for about 25 weeks. I can't live without it. At least I need to remind myself everyday that SB exists.

So, after this long 6 month of RevRad era I can say: I'm #stillbreathing. On my own. As usual. And I'll never regret."

Hope not to have bored you. But this is what I feel right now and I just needed to write it down. :)

I missed you.  :hug:

On 3/25/2017 at 8:13 AM, Tubbie Head said:

This "marketing" thing is so bad It's kind of embarassing. :lol: 

me too and I don't get it why it is called:  "campaign" it sound like someone is running for office.

I like reading some of emotional sad-story from of those fan but the one who said about her horse dying that is the reason, she has anixety or panic attack.what?

Like everyone else here I've no idea what they were going for with this "movement" except for a pathetic attempt to make people spill their guts online for cheap promo. Green Day ironically had that song Too Much Too Soon...maybe on Revrad they should have had a follow up called Too Little Too Late.

Archived