VIP passes

Jet Taman

2 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Several VIP people acted like their shit didn't stink and had no trouble being vocal about it and that's not the type of vibe I think most people want to deal with at a rock show. 

That sucks. I can't fault someone for buying it if they have the money but that's just uncalled for. The thought of those snobby ones finding themselves in no better position than the people who queued and seeing how not worth the money most of the stuff they paid for was is some consolation at least :lol: 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

This! But I think it won't work here, at least in smaller countries. Cause price probably would be pretty much the same as in the US and $400 is more than average Polish sallary :lol: So it would be very stupid of them. 

I absolutely agree. The scale and commitment people have to queueing in Europe is also on another level compared to the US. I just don't think people over here would have it.

45 minutes ago, Hermione said:

That sucks. I can't fault someone for buying it if they have the money but that's just uncalled for. The thought of those snobby ones finding themselves in no better position than the people who queued and seeing how not worth the money most of the stuff they paid for was is some consolation at least :lol: 

The other situation was a group of people who got pissed at a group of us at because they showed up days ahead of time and were lied to by the venue, which resulted in us all being at the same spots in line. We were told a week prior that there would be multiple entrances to the show and that the main entrance would be closest to the floor, so we lined up there. But after they had started lining up days earlier, they were told there would be only one entrance, in the back of the venue... but the only reason they were told that is because a nearby hospital was angry because the overnight line was making hospital guests uncomfortable and making them look bad.

So when the group that was lied to saw us at the other entrance, they came up and more or less tried to intimidate us into going behind them even though eventually more people would just keep lining up at the main entrance anyway because both were going to be used. One girl kept shouting "well I'M ~VIP SO IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER BECAUSE I'LL BE FIRST ANYWAY!" over and over again. :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

The other situation was a group of people who got pissed at a group of us at because they showed up days ahead of time and were lied to by the venue, which resulted in us all being at the same spots in line. We were told a week prior that there would be multiple entrances to the show and that the main entrance would be closest to the floor, so we lined up there. But after they had started lining up days earlier, they were told there would be only one entrance, in the back of the venue... but the only reason they were told that is because a nearby hospital was angry because the overnight line was making hospital guests uncomfortable and making them look bad.

So when the group that was lied to saw us at the other entrance, they came up and more or less tried to intimidate us into going behind them even though eventually more people would just keep lining up at the main entrance anyway because both were going to be used. One girl kept shouting "well I'M ~VIP SO IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER BECAUSE I'LL BE FIRST ANYWAY!" over and over again. :rolleyes:

Ugh. I can't stand stupid drama like that, very annoying.

For what it's worth I don't think the VIPs behaved like that at every show. Most of the VIPs I met were really reasonable - a lot of the ones who couldn't handle the pit let people who queued take their spots, and none of them got angry at us for our spots being as good. Any hostility regarding VIP was towards them, not from them and tbh, people were more hostile to foreigners than they were about any of that.

It sucks that some of them were all snobby though, that's only going to make them all look bad.

1 hour ago, Maria Gloria said:

For what it's worth I don't think the VIPs behaved like that at every show. Most of the VIPs I met were really reasonable - a lot of the ones who couldn't handle the pit let people who queued take their spots, and none of them got angry at us for our spots being as good. Any hostility regarding VIP was towards them, not from them and tbh, people were more hostile to foreigners than they were about any of that.

It sucks that some of them were all snobby though, that's only going to make them all look bad.

Oh yeah I wouldn't judge all VIPs based on the few. I'm sure plenty of non VIPs have been snobby and ridiculous at Green Day shows over the years too :lol:, doesn't mean everyone's like that.

• 2 months later...
On 3/5/2017 at 7:19 AM, sara_gd said:

For $400 though? 

One man's $400 is another man's $10. Just a fact.

On 5/3/2017 at 8:13 AM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Anyone that yells "I'm VIP" is anything but. Let me bake it down this way anyway. If you had to pay your way to importance, you ain't.

Here is how you know if you're a real VIP, you have a golf cart or you don't have to wait in line without paying $400 OR if your VIP pass doesn't have a seat but rather "All Access" or "Artist Pass" on it.  Besides, waiting out is part of the fun of which some people (and some just older people) can't do anymore.

4 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

OLet me bake it down this way anyway. 

Are you baking special brownies:sorry:

2 hours ago, Tinkle said:

Are you baking special brownies:sorry:

Too fattening. I consume teas, sodas and the darkest of chocolates. 

I wrote a joke that's going to be on a game show thinking about a post of yours. True story.

2 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Too fattening. I consume teas, sodas and the darkest of chocolates. 

I wrote a joke that's going to be on a game show thinking about a post of yours. True story.

I didn't know you write game show screenplays :ga:

4 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I didn't know you write game show screenplays :ga:

Lol! I don't as a general rule but I work with someone who does. I've written a bunch.

• 3 months later...

One of my other favourite artists is doing a VIP thing now that includes early entry. It's a much better package and isn't as expensive because she's not that big, but I still don't like the concept of having to buy the whole package just to get a good spot. Early entry should probably be offered on its own for a bit more if they must charge for it (and then it's available for people who can't line up too). Anyway my point is that it's definitely not just Green Day - it's gradually becoming a thing across the music industry, even with smaller artists =/

I'm happy with what they have to offer but it would be awesome if Green Day had more meet and greets/press conferences and this does not necessarily mean we have to meet the band but it would be great for promotions!

Archived