Random Green Day News

Hermione

This popped up as new on youtube for me, I didn't watch it so idk if it's any good (look at the thumbnail and guess why) but here it is if someone wants to look

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

JS120105570_Neil-Lupin-WENN_Green-Day-pe

As it turned out, Rob Cavallo’s figures were wrong; by the time the cash registers had stopped ringing up copies of Green Day’s latest album, the Oakland trio’s one true masterpiece, American Idiot had sold more than fourteen million copies. Not only is it the last true blockbuster of the rock age - with sales that will surely never be matched - it is also the highest-selling punk rock album of all-time.

Dookie

14 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This popped up as new on youtube for me, I didn't watch it so idk if it's any good (look at the thumbnail and guess why) but here it is if someone wants to look

Well that was odd, it was a history of the band told at breakneck speed that is current enough to include clips from the Oh Yeah video, yet the history stops with the American Idiot musical and goes no further. Bizarre. The thumbnail was from iHeart 2012 but they never even got to 21CB in the telling. Needs a part two but there doesn’t seem to be one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, desertrose said:

Billie Joe Armstrong Reveals Which Green Day Song Is Too Hard To Perform Live

Thanks for posting that one. I couldn't access it over  here in the UK.

It’s funny to me how many mags etc picked up in the exchange about the Panic Song, I took it at the time to be just a throw away joke from Billie but I’ve seen it reported again and again now. Wonder if it will are him revisit it, I love that song.  Good article about AI.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Beyza said:

I was not really where to post this but this remix song that Billie will appear in its video has a little Boulevard of Broken Dreams reference, I guess. (Sometimes I don't share, I smoke alone lol)

Oh my god that bit is awesome 😂 I guess we know when Billie appears in the video 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

American Idiot is No 1 on this Telegraph list of "50 Punk Albums Every Music Fan Should Own":

Thanks for posting this @Rumpelstiltskin2000. I mean yeah we know how great AI is, but it's nice to be reminded of its greatness once in a while. I'm so proud of them. Gotta listen to American Idiot now, bye.🤗

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Beyza said:

I was not really sure where to post this but this remix song that Billie will appear in its video has a little Boulevard of Broken Dreams reference, I guess. (Sometimes I don't share, I smoke alone lol)

And the royalties just keep rolling in 😄 Nice!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I moved some posts, there's now a thread for the Tyla Yaweh video with Billie in it, all posts about it here please:

On 1/23/2020 at 3:30 PM, jengd said:

Can anyone translate that?

I could but I cannot make out the actual thing from that scan. Only the headline which translates to "no tolerance for bullshit"  and a the quote "we're still the same dickheads as before, we still like to have fun and party" 😄

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Joe K said:

I could but I cannot make out the actual thing from that scan. Only the headline which translates to "no tolerance for bullshit"  and a the quote "we're still the same dickheads as before, we still like to have fun and party" 😄

You've translated the most important parts!

• Haha 4

On 1/23/2020 at 4:24 PM, Beerjeezus said:

Dude said that because of his emotion they don't often play WMUWSE?  Hmmmm.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Dude said that because of his emotion they don't often play WMUWSE?  Hmmmm.

Whether or not that's the true reason, I think that's sweet. :cry:

Well they haven't played it for years since the Irving Plaza show. Correlation isn't causality, but it might have made someone assume there's a connection