Green Day on Radio X in the UK tomorrow at 9am

samozzza

Hey guys. I don't normally post, but I just saw this on Twitter. I don't think it's been mentioned yet (apologies if it has), and thought it was worth making a thread for it. Any thoughts on what might be happening? I wonder if they're in the UK?

Edit: Facebook Live videos of interview below (most of the interview is included in these).

Video 1:

Video 2:

Video 3:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I wonder if it'll be a phone interview or if they will be over here?

I'm still pathetically hoping for a secret show :lol: Some UK promotion will be cool either way though.

I'm guessing that they might be here. It seems like they've been doing interviews/press since they've been in Europe, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did a few days here too!

I don't think they've done any secret shows in this era so far, but you never know eh!

I was gonna lie in since I start at 11am tomorrow, but it looks like that's not happening now!  Interview seems likely since they're in Europe atm, but i really want a secret show.  Don't think it's going to happen, but I'm not giving up hope just yet!

Edit: I was wondering whether they might be doing any TV appearances, but they aren't down for Jonathan Ross or Graham Norton this week.  Maybe it'll be a phone interview, it'd seem weird to come all the way here just to do a couple of radio appearances.  On the other hand, it could be a secret show justifying the UK trip..

4 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

I was gonna lie in since I start at 11am tomorrow, but it looks like that's not happening now!  Interview seems likely since they're in Europe atm, but i really want a secret show.  Don't think it's going to happen, but I'm not giving up hope just yet!

I agree, could be an interview. I know they've already announced the tour here etc, but part of me wonders if there's something else on the horizon. I think we're all going to be on the edge of our seat in case they strategically add the sentence "secret show TODAY at *Insert venue/City*..." into the interview or whatever it is that they're doing here haha. I'd love it to be a meet and greet!

18 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

Edit: I was wondering whether they might be doing any TV appearances, but they aren't down for Jonathan Ross or Graham Norton this week.  Maybe it'll be a phone interview, it'd seem weird to come all the way here just to do a couple of radio appearances.  On the other hand, it could be a secret show justifying the UK trip..

That's what I'm hoping :ninja: I know it's unlikely but if it's just an interview it would seem silly to come all that way. Unless it is a phone interview and then my hope might finally die :P 

The Netherlands and the UK are quite near though. By American standards anyway :P If they're having some time away from America doing promotion they could get a short plane for a couple of interviews no problem I think. Anyway, a secret show sounds possible and promising. That's also promotion. 

Oh god, I hate Chris Moyles, he's awful, can literally talk for 45 minutes and play no music, this will be more about him than anything but will try and catch it anyway :(:lol:

I'm tuned in to this station now. They just mentioned their guests GD who will be arriving soon! So they are definitely in the UK! 

They've also been joking about GD riding a mobility scooter around Leicester Square!

Now they've just reconfirmed that GD will be live on air with them just after 9 am if anyone is interested

Link to the programme here: http://www.radiox.co.uk/listening-online/#yhTxW4WXg1STj5Qj.97

16 minutes ago, basketcase4933 said:

I'm tuned in to this station now. They just mentioned their guests GD who will be arriving soon! So they are definitely in the UK! 

They've also been joking about GD riding a mobility scooter around Leicester Square!

Now they've just reconfirmed that GD will be live on air with them just after 9 am if anyone is interested

Link to the programme here: http://www.radiox.co.uk/listening-online/#yhTxW4WXg1STj5Qj.97

Thank you!!

for These who aren't in the U.K., just enter a zip code and you can listen ;)

Just now, Slash said:

So has it started?

The programme is on and they keep mentioning GD but they haven't arrived yet

Just now, Slash said:

So has it started?

News update at the moment but I think it will start straight after

Just now, Slash said:

Are they talking about some accident? 

Yeah it's the news - there was a tram crash in London yesterday

4 minutes ago, Marina86 said:

Thank you!!

for These who aren't in the U.K., just enter a zip code and you can listen ;)

If you need a post code, try W1K 1BE (it's for a hotel in London).  

1 minute ago, Slash said:

Are they talking about some accident? 

They were, now they're talking about a birthday

Just now, I don't care said:

Any way to listen to it outside of UK?

If you find any UK postcode/zip code and type it in I think

Archived