Ep 40: The band is back together

Fuzz

The Podcast Returns!!

082011_staticnoiseCover.png

After being gone all summer and only a few episodes earlier in the year, we're bringing the podcast back. Omar De La Rosa joins us this week to talk about Green Day's secret show. We play a little bit of their new song, 'Amy', and cover a couple new things going on around the site.

The show will be weekly once again, and we'd love to have you guys be a bigger part of the show. We need your emails, or send us an mp3 of your thoughts. This week BJ's Harmonkier and Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love sent us their thoughts about Green Day playing the new show. If you want to be included in the next show, send us a clip with your thoughts (keep it under 45 seconds) and email us the mp3 or link to your file to staticnoise@greendayauthority.com

"Like" the show on Facebook. We invite you guys to leave us a message there as well.

Listen to the show

[podcast]StaticNoise_ep40[/podcast]

Or right click this link to save the mp3.

Better yet, you can subscribe to the show in iTunes to get the latest episodes automatically when they're published.

Topics Covered

Green Day News

Green Day's secret show - full set list of new songs

Omar's awesome recap from the event

Green Day's "Thank You" and lyrics to Amy

Interview with Mike about his donation to 'Pipeline For a Cure'

Amanda's "Top 5 Green Day Songs That Had An Impact On My Life

Song Of the Week: "Are We The Waiting

GDA News

New articles section with 150+ magazines

Wallpaper Contest - Vote for your favorite entry before Monday

Remix Contest! - Deadline to enter is Monday. Giving away a 7" Minority vinyl

Support the site by buying some GDA merch

Thanks for listening! Give us your feedback, thoughts, whatever. We'd love to hear from you guys to include in the next expisode, again, staticnoise@greendayauthority.com or Like us on Facebook

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww yeah! :happy:

The GDC radio is so much fun, but I have to say I really missed the podcasts. Downloading now (:

Awesome! Will listen to it tomorrow, got two one and a half hour drives to sit through (pffff), plenty of time then :)

Call me crazy, but I don't see the podcast on iTunes. :(

I had to refresh a bunch of times before it appeared.

I had to refresh a bunch of times before it appeared.

Thanks. I'll go back and refresh until it shows up. :)

Call me crazy, but I don't see the podcast on iTunes. :(

If you're subscribed to the show, just hit "Refresh" in your "Podcast" section of iTunes and it'll start downloading.

Otherwise it takes up to 24 hours for the iTunes list to update. You can actually subscribe to the podcast (if you're not already) and it'll start downloading the latest episode.

If you're subscribed to the show, just hit "Refresh" in your "Podcast" section of iTunes and it'll start downloading.

Otherwise it takes up to 24 hours for the iTunes list to update. You can actually subscribe to the podcast (if you're not already) and it'll start downloading the latest episode.

Well, I am subscribed and it didn't start downloading. I'll just wait until tomorrow to see if it shows up and download (possibly resubscribe?) tomrorow. Thanks Andres! (and Sanne!)

Well, I am subscribed and it didn't start downloading. I'll just wait until tomorrow to see if it shows up and download (possibly resubscribe?) tomrorow. Thanks Andres! (and Sanne!)

Whenever there's a new episode, I have to right-click in the podcast window in iTunes, and click on "Update Podcast". It then finds the new episode and starts downloading it automatically.

Yay, can't wait to listen to this :D But first I should finally listen to the new songs, Amy at least..

Whenever there's a new episode, I have to right-click in the podcast window in iTunes, and click on "Update Podcast". It then finds the new episode and starts downloading it automatically.

Yay, can't wait to listen to this :D But first I should finally listen to the new songs, Amy at least..

Thanks Kat. I'll try that!

Edit: Excellent! It's downloading now. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed the podcast a lot

I opened my iTunes today and in the downloads it said "The Band Is Back" and I was like HOLY SHIT NEW PODCAST!!! :banana:

Oh yeah, new podcast :banana:

Missed your voices guys, I listened to Static Noise even before I registered GDC :thumbsup:

I listened to Are We the Waiting with a new appreciation after listening to this, it was pretty cool.

downloading it atm. i'll upload it to my mp3 player and listen to it later :)

cool show!!! I still have my doubts about having a new album soon... and there's also AI's movie, even if Billie or not of them will be on it, I think they will be involve in the movie

I don't know what they will want to do first or maybe they will come up with FHT! hahhhahha

Was there an episode 39? I don't have it and neither does the iTunes store....

:confuzzled:

Was there an episode 39? I don't have it and neither does the iTunes store....

:confuzzled:

We recorded it a few months ago, but never put it up.

Now that we're starting again we decided just to jump forward to 40 and just re-launch at a nice even number.

We recorded it a few months ago, but never put it up.

Now that we're starting again we decided just to jump forward to 40 and just re-launch at a nice even number.

Ah, got it! I was wondering about that too... :thumbsup:

The podcast is back!?!?!!?!? Thank the sweet baby jesus

:runaround:

Archived