Green Day, U2 and Metallica doing something? maybe? No one knows....

Fuzz

I wanted to break this off into it's own thread instead of trying to have two conversations in two threads about it.

Quick run-down, at a recent U2 show, someone (Bono or Edge or someone in U2) mentioned that they were talking with Green Day and Metallica and that they wanted to play together (or something like that). Then an article came out talking about the "G3" meeting between the 3 bands.

http://insidescoopsf.sfgate.com/blog/2011/06/09/the-time-when-u2-green-day-and-metallica-held-a-g3-summit-at-a16-video/

And we can assume (maybe incorrectly) that's what Billie Joe was talking about in his tweet

A festival? With GD? It's my nail and your coffin pal..

Now, anyone feel free to correct me or add more detail as this is about the extent of my knowledge of this.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll repost what I posted on Niki Lee's status earlier today.

My favorite bands! And U2 as well!

I SUCK at idioms. I don't understand what Billie means. :wacko:

Wait, wait... it's gonna be a festival? with U2, Metallica and Green Day?

oh, I see.

500 dollar nosebleeds to hear bono's annoying douchey tax-avoiding voice!

Green Day yeah, Metallica sure, U2? ... nope.

I honestly have no idea how it would work, personally. Ticket prices would be insane ...

"Someone" Andres? His name is Bono

I didn't know if it was him or the Edge, and I didn't wanna look it up. What little journalistic instinct I have I save for GDA posts :D

Wait, wait... it's gonna be a festival? with U2, Metallica and Green Day?

oh, I see.

We're just assuming (and maybe incorrectly) that these things are related. We don't really know what, if anything, is going on. Maybe they're friends and just wanted to hang out and everyone is flipping out about it. I don't know.

And wouldn't it be great if they collaborated on some tracks?

I'd be cool with that. As for seeing them at the same show...eh...

:o that would be great!!

but, where would it be at??

Maybe a private island in the pacific?

We're just assuming (and maybe incorrectly) that these things are related. We don't really know what, if anything, is going on. Maybe they're friends and just wanted to hang out and everyone is flipping out about it. I don't know.

In which case, is it normal for Bono to name everything like it's important? I mean like, was the bus ride away from the stadium that night called "The Alderaanian Voyage 302"? If not, then the "G3 Summit" might actually be important...especially since G is for Green Day, and 3 is for the number of bands at it.

Also, to add further speculation based on absolutely no fact whatsoever so please don't think I'm right - maybe Bille's tweet was his way of saying "no thanks". Or, maybe we're looking into this way too much and we're just gonna end up looking like dicks when they say "Uh...what?" :blink:

They could do a live version of that Master of Puppets Brain Stew mashup that was posted a while back :woot:

I'm fucking stoked for this. I've never been a huge fan of U2, but I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to see them live with two of my favorite bands. Definitely going to be following this news to see where it goes. I didn't think Metallica liked Green Day. lol If they do, Oh my.....my dream show would be 2/3 complete!!!

I'd def try to go to an event like that.

not that i could afford it but shit! Just hearing my two faves, Green Day & Metallica in the same room together made me moist. :lol:

Also, to add further speculation based on absolutely no fact whatsoever so please don't think I'm right - maybe Bille's tweet was his way of saying "no thanks". Or, maybe we're looking into this way too much and we're just gonna end up looking like dicks when they say "Uh...what?" :blink:

As I said in the other thread, it sounds like a challenge to me.

As long as they don't play The Saints are Coming ever again, I'm happy to see something happen.

Billies tweet is confusing me though. "it's my nail, in your coffin" maybe he's implying that associating with Green Day would soil their reputation?

:rolleyes: Who knows, when does Billie ever make sense?

Maybe a private island in the pacific?

hahhahahhaahha

most likely hahhaha

but I still want them to do a festival of only GD! like 3 days in a row of all their albums (a week) I remember that in an interview sb asked him about that

billie is reading this thread while laughing at Andres for being giddy like a schoolgirl

GREEN DAY. AND METALLICA. :woot:

And U2. :happy:

If they end up doing a concert together...excuse me while I shit my pants.

billie is reading this thread while laughing at Andres for being giddy like a schoolgirl

Well, I'm not giddy. I just like this game of "what's true". I'm fine with him laughing at me because I started a topic about something that might not even be real. But, that's why I posted it here for you guys to discuss and find the facts - then I'll post about it on GDA when we know something for sure.

Archived