Episode 23: The end of the 21st Century Breakdown Tour

Fuzz

Episode 23: The end of the 21st Century Breakdown Tour

Andres, Alex, and Matt talk about the end of the 21st Century Breakdown Tour with Tony who was at the final show in Costa Rica, some of Billie Joe's rants during the last few shows, our thoughts on the upcoming live album, Billie Joe's new Gibson acoustic guitar, and a few other things from the past week.

Listen

<object type='application/x-shockwave-flash' data='http://www.greendayauthority.com/player/player.swf' id='ep1' height='24' width='290'>

<param name='movie' value='http://www.greendayauthority.com/player/player.swf'>

<param name='FlashVars' value='playerID=ep1&soundFile=http://traffic.libsyn.com/gda/StaticNoise_ep23.mp3'>

<param name='quality' value='high'>

<param name='menu' value='false'>

<param name='wmode' value='transparent'>

</object>

You can download this episode by right clicking this link.

OR better yet, subscribe in iTunes

Topics Covered

Billie Joe's new Gibson Aoustic

http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/1969/

End of 21st Century Breakdown Tour

http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/1968/

Billie Joe's rant during American Idiot in Lima, Peru

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHPagGYDWiI

The band playing drunk

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/Forum/index.php?showtopic=82124&st=0

Kerrang Readers Poll

http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/1964/

GDA music section

http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/1970/

GDA's Weekly Newsletter

http://www.tinyletter.com/Green-Day-Authority

Listener Submission by Natalie

Hello everyone! I'm Natalie. Some of you may know as AmericanIdiot33099 on the forum. I've been listening to the podcast since Episode 5 came out, and have decided to share the story of how I got into Green Day with you. So here it goes...

I remember when I was about six how my dad would always try to make me listen to his music and get me to like it. I never liked it much, until he had me listen to one song. I didn't know the name of it, and neither did my dad. In fact, all we knew about it was that it was the most beautiful song both of us have ever heard. about four years later, my class got an assignment to make a short slideshow on Photostory that told the class a bit about yourself. One kid in my class decided to do his project on his favorite band, which turned out to be Green Day. It was just a little slideshow of pictures of the band with Holiday playing in the background. I went home and looked up Green Day on Wikipedia and Youtube. In the middle of my search my dad came over and asked what band I was listening to. I replied Green Day and he told me something to look up. He sounded really excited. It turned out that I had just discovered the artist who wrote that beautiful unnamed song, which turned out to be Good Riddance. It also turned out that my dad had their album Dookie and never even noticed. Since then, I have obtained every single album of theirs, have changed my room from a "good girl" room to a a mish mosh of Green Day posters and drawings of mine, been to their Holmdel show on August 14th and converted a couple of my hip hop loving friends to Green Day fans. Sometimes it is a good a idea to listen to your parents after all.

Email staticnoisepodcast@gmail.com to share your story.

Take a moment to leave a review of the podcast in iTunes

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=375617686

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! I've been waiting for this episode to come out, can't wait to listen to it all.

Also when you were talking about his acoustic, some one said it looks like the one that he uses in 21 Guns but the guitar he uses in 21 Guns doesn't have the pic guard unless thats been added on.

Yay! I've finally listened to the podcast on the day it came out ^^

Great job as always. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

That's the 1st time I heard Billie's crazy rant. I am legitimately scared of him now. I'm not kidding.

I'm writing to complain about what happened with the "She" vocal entries. You guys chose one of your own people, Alex, as the winner! Judges shouldn't be allowed to enter in a contest. To be totally fair, no one from the GDA team should enter. If at least Alex's entry had been good - which I beg to differ on - then it would have been more acceptable but still not fair play.

But Alex's entry was mediocre. He wasn't on pitch all the time, wasn't following the original song melody (stretching things, removing small sections, etc.), and more. You guys have broken all rules of fair play by choosing your friend and fellow judge as the winner.

In the future, I sincerely hope you guys will not allow the judges to enter!!!!! This is really an outrage.

:lol: Someone's a sore loser. What did I change or remove? I sang the lyrics and the harmonies exactly as they're sung in the original song. Although I agree, I wasn't the best singer who entered. But I wasn't a part of the decision making process either, and I guess the others felt like my entry was the one that fit the song the best.

I might agree with your "outrage" if there was a prize for the competition or if it was...you know, a big deal at all. But it's just a bit of fun, so calm down. There'll be another contest in a couple of weeks anyway.

I'm writing to complain about what happened with the "She" vocal entries. You guys chose one of your own people, Alex, as the winner! Judges shouldn't be allowed to enter in a contest. To be totally fair, no one from the GDA team should enter. If at least Alex's entry had been good - which I beg to differ on - then it would have been more acceptable but still not fair play.

But Alex's entry was mediocre. He wasn't on pitch all the time, wasn't following the original song melody (stretching things, removing small sections, etc.), and more. You guys have broken all rules of fair play by choosing your friend and fellow judge as the winner.

In the future, I sincerely hope you guys will not allow the judges to enter!!!!! This is really an outrage.

1) We can run the contest how we want

2) Don't be jealous because your entry wasn't picked

3) We had a handful of good entries - good meaning good singing voices. But the majority of them didn't fit with the song and/or didn't sound good with the instrumental mix

4) Fuck off

really really great podcast. i just love em!

but would anyone mind writing what billie joe says in his little rant there in Lima Peru? im having issues understanding him... :wacko:

What?!?! Alex won?!?! you already get to be on the podcast every week! (you did a good job though) But still!

awesome episode. I love the 'what the fuck' emails. and story time :lol:

Alex's entry was really great. I can't wait to hear what the whole song sounds like when it's finalized and everything. :happy:

Your mother is mediocre...........................IN BED.

1runnt8.gif

Your mother is mediocre...........................IN BED.

1runnt8.gif

lawl

i agree, it's a bit weird. But there are going to be plenty of more projects that we can send stuff in for. and somebody else will be picked next time (hopefully, or else I will be Pissed as well),

but bashing alex's stuff isn't very cool...

really really great podcast. i just love em!

but would anyone mind writing what billie joe says in his little rant there in Lima Peru? im having issues understanding him... :wacko:

This was posted by 'LinziLatterbomb' in the thread about this:

"I can't wait for Steve Jobs to die of fucking cancer! Barrack Obama can go to fucking hell too!

Technology is fucking ruining everything! Technology is ruining everything! Technology has destroyed civilization!

Do you want ... Do you wanna LIVE?! Do you wanna live?! Do you wanna live?! Do you wanna fucking live?! Do you wanna live?! Do you wanna live?! Do you wanna fucking live?! Do you wanna DIE behind a fucking screen?! Is that whatcha want?! Or do you wanna fucking LIVE?!

This is ALIVE! We are fucking ALIVE! We are ALIVE! VIVA LIMA!!!!"

1) We can run the contest how we want

2) Don't be jealous because your entry wasn't picked

3) We had a handful of good entries - good meaning good singing voices. But the majority of them didn't fit with the song and/or didn't sound good with the instrumental mix

4) Fuck off

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

gotta love Dai's comment too

just started listening so ill comment after too

another great podcast as always. :happy: I thought Alex's entry for vocals was really good, way better than I could ever sing. can't wait to hear the finished product :) oh, and I'll be looking forward to visiting that GDA studio in Nebraska :happy:

This was posted by 'LinziLatterbomb' in the thread about this:

"I can't wait for Steve Jobs to die of fucking cancer! Barrack Obama can go to fucking hell too!

Technology is fucking ruining everything! Technology is ruining everything! Technology has destroyed civilization!

Do you want ... Do you wanna LIVE?! Do you wanna live?! Do you wanna live?! Do you wanna fucking live?! Do you wanna live?! Do you wanna live?! Do you wanna fucking live?! Do you wanna DIE behind a fucking screen?! Is that whatcha want?! Or do you wanna fucking LIVE?!

This is ALIVE! We are fucking ALIVE! We are ALIVE! VIVA LIMA!!!!"

ohhhh thank you so much! i probably should have looked harder, whoops. thanks!

also im totally in for pissing off K! with GD as Best and Worst Band

ever heard of the Justin Bieber to North Korea troll?

lets do it

lets do it

yeah i think im gonna vote for them as worst to. i just feel bad when i try and vote them worst.

lets do it

It would be really funny if we could do that!

looks like the Kerrang poll is open to Aussies too. I'm thinking it's international.

if only I could get everyone to vote villain of the year: Jared Leto for giving me a nosebleed :dry:

It would be really funny if we could do that!

theres nothing wrong with messing with the editors

i just gotta get over my instinct to not call Green Day bad

Archived