Episode 18: J'net's Travels and Billie Joe goes Broadway

Fuzz

Episode 18: J'nets Travels and Billie Joe goes Broadway

This week Andres, Alex and Matt welcome J'net to talk about Billie Joe joining the musical cast as St. Jimmy this week and J'net shares her experiences after seeing 12 Green Day shows this year in Europe and the USA.

Listen

<object type='application/x-shockwave-flash' data='http://www.greendayauthority.com/player/player.swf' id='ep1' height='24' width='290'>

<param name='movie' value='http://www.greendayauthority.com/player/player.swf'>

<param name='FlashVars' value='playerID=ep1&soundFile=http://media.libsyn.com/media/gda/StaticNoise_ep18.mp3'>

<param name='quality' value='high'>

<param name='menu' value='false'>

<param name='wmode' value='transparent'>

</object>

You can download this episode by right clicking this link.

OR better yet, subscribe in iTunes

Topics Covered

Billie Joe will play St. Jimmy in the musical next week - The Green Day Authority

http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/802/

Recaps, photos, and video of Billie Joe on stage as St. Jimmy

http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/807/

Win tickets to see Billie Joe in the American Idiot musical

http://www.greendayauthority.com/site/contest.php

charitybuzz | #224202 - MEET GREEN DAY + 2 VIP TICKETS FOR THE SHOW OF YOUR CHOICE DURING THEIR LATIN AMERICAN TOUR!

http://www.charitybuzz.com/auctions/HFHFHFall2010/catalog_items/224202

Kerrang talks with Green Day about making American Idiot - The Green Day Authority

http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/798/

Rob Cavallo named chairman of Warner Bros. Records - The Green Day Authority

http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/799/

Mike Dirnt contest for MacBeth shoes from AP - The Green Day Authority

http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/801/

Listener Submission

No emails this week. We will include some next week

Email staticnoisepodcast@gmail.com to share your story.

Take a moment to leave a review of the podcast in iTunes

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=375617686

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updating the podcast in my iTunes right now, and I'll listen to this episode this evening. Can't wait :happy: A lot of Green Day talk now, great (:

That was a great show and lots of Green Day info is always good. I love hearing other peoples experiences

in regards to Green Day.

Thank you J'net for talking about my shirts :thumbsup:

I want J'net's traveling life. My goodness! :) And a big aww for the people 'protecting' J'net during Wembley.

i need to figure out how to move my way around in the podcasts. i like how you list the topics covered, i just have to figure out how i can get to those specific topics on the podcast that i want to listen to. i am technotarded.

lovely to hear jnet's voice on the podcast this week. and yes im bummed she will not get to nyc too.

I transcribed two of the American Idiot Talkbacks. It's the third part of this post. It's long, sorry, need an editor, lol.

Green Day Mind - A Week With An American Idiot - Idiot University

And the announcement of him being in the show:

Broadway Billie Debuts on Broadway and London B'way Billie Flashback

Alright, one more, sorry, these just link into what you talked about this week.

A Short History of the Short HIstory of the Awesome as Fuck Signs at a GD Show

haha, j'net, just heard you say my update about st. jimmy coming down the stairs, haha, made me smile and laugh. i hear he didn't trip, it's all good!

I love that J'Net was on the podcast this week! When I met her at Manchester, and later spent the majority of the queue with her at Wembley I was so excited that it was actually HER, because I know she has so many amazing stories! And I got to spend so much time with her, she's amazing :wub: And then to see her again in Paris, yee gads! I like that she can add a lot of Green Day experiences to the show. I was very excited to listen this week, purely because she was on.

Very good ep so far...especially all your mock fangirling :P I'm only about 20 minutes in.

yay!!!!!!!!! j'net is soooooooooooo awesome (prolly one of the awesomest people.ever.) now im even more inclined to listen to it. i can't wait!!!!

Ahhh J'Net, you were like 3-4 people to the right of me on the barrier in Manchester. That was a TERRIFYING show. Even at the end of the show when Tre threw out his drumsticks, they one happened to come in my direction but I knew I wasn't going to get it, so I didn't bother trying. But everyone else freaked and I ended up getting pushed to the ground and my legs got trampled on :cry:

Amazing show. Terrifying atmosphere.

Yay J'net!! I loved hearing you on the podcast this week, you tell such good stories :happy:

And you was at Manchester!!! omg I can't believe I didn't meet anyone there, so unlucky, I must have been in the wrong places at the wrong times.

Great episode, really enjoyed re-living the whole tour. Great trip down memory lane :wub:

Thanks again guys!

good episode guys ! :thumbsup:

i would be cool to go see the AI musical with Billie Joe as St.Jimmy :]

if i could go though :pinch:

awesome episode! also J'net if you see this, your awesome :happy:

i love hearing about the other shows!

and if you guys don't mind i would love to share my stories from the show in Mansfeild Mass, the one that Scotty went to on August 16th!

Here's the link to when Billie Joe sings "Awesome As Fuck" in Good Riddance show in Denver, the one that Alex was talking about.

aaaaaaaa guys, I don't understand some parts :(, it's so difficult to me listen your voices in english, because I can't read your lips neither . Can you write the postcast? ahahahaha

anyway...kisses to all of you

Flor, from Uruguay!

aaaaaaaa guys, I don't understand some parts :(, it's so difficult to me listen your voices in english, because I can't read your lips neither . Can you write the postcast? ahahahaha

anyway...kisses to all of you

Flor, from Uruguay!

I used to have the same problem (not with the podcast, but a few years ago). You should try watching movies with English subtitles - it will help you improve a lot :)

aw, I LOVE LOVE LOVED this episode!

I was listening to it on the bus home from work just then and it was making me feel all warm and fuzzy :wub:

hearing J'net talk about all the shows and meeting the people from GDC was just so good to hear, because I feel absolutely the same way - friends all over the world, it's so amazing.

And the comparisons between the Europe and American shows were really interesting. I do agree that the Europe shows did lack a little intimacy (even though we got heaps of love on the barrier each time), but at the same time I do love having a big pit - something that the US tour dates lacked, apart from Montreal.

I especially love the little part about Wembley, and J'net sitting with Lorie and Leisha - I remember just how excited Lorie was to hear Waiting, it was so special, particularly because it was her birthday.

OH, and I would like to say that it wasnt the Aussies' idea to hold up the Awesome As Fuck! signs - that was all Beth, it was just that we were holding them right infront of Billie.

And lastly, all these mentions of the Aussies, why not have one of us on the show? we have funny accents and everything :lol:

Ahhh J'Net, you were like 3-4 people to the right of me on the barrier in Manchester. That was a TERRIFYING show. Even at the end of the show when Tre threw out his drumsticks, they one happened to come in my direction but I knew I wasn't going to get it, so I didn't bother trying. But everyone else freaked and I ended up getting pushed to the ground and my legs got trampled on :cry:

Amazing show. Terrifying atmosphere.

I've never ever felt that I was in actual real danger at a show before Manchester. I've been in very rough pits before, but Manchester had people who were out to hurt other people, which is something I've never seen before. I'm so relieved and amazed I stayed on barrier that night, even though we moved a good 5 or 6 meters from where we started, just from the pushing.

Loved listening to J'net's Green Day/travel experiences, so jealous though! And I have to meet these Australian's going to the shows in America, so I can stow away in their suitcases next time :P

Loved listening to J'net's Green Day/travel experiences, so jealous though! And I have to meet these Australian's going to the shows in America, so I can stow away in their suitcases next time :P

ahahaha

I'd have to buy a bigger case - mine was packed to the brim by the end of tour :lol:

start saving up now, so you can do the next tour!

I want a massive group of GDCers to do the world tour togther.

the GDC invading force :D

ahahaha

I'd have to buy a bigger case - mine was packed to the brim by the end of tour :lol:

Hahahahaha omfg that would be awesome! And if all else fails I'll FedEx myself across the world!

I really liked this podcast too, it's always great to hear someone talk about their experiences at the shows, espeically when they've been to as many as J'net ....

You should definitely have more GDcers on to share their stories! :thumbsup:

I've never ever felt that I was in actual real danger at a show before Manchester. I've been in very rough pits before, but Manchester had people who were out to hurt other people, which is something I've never seen before. I'm so relieved and amazed I stayed on barrier that night, even though we moved a good 5 or 6 meters from where we started, just from the pushing.

We were halfway down the barrier on Mike's side (I'm sure I've already told you this story on more than one occasion haha) but yeah. I started off on barrier, but about halfway through the show I was forced off just from the roughness. We didn't have very many overly crazy people where we were, but there was still lots of activity happening. I remember seeing all the ticket takers come out from behind the stage all looking slightly freaked to join the security team, and that's when I knew it was going to be a rough time. And there were people dropping like flies around us. A kid passed out right behind us just while we were waiting for Joan Jett to come on. I mean it was so fucking hot that day, and everyone was going ballistic...I think there must've been a good 50-100 people pulled out just around us alone, before Green Day ever even made it on stage.

And in terms of moving on the barrier, we made it about a meter closer to the corner, but then we were pushed back towards the end of the stage to our original spot. By the end of the show, I was about 4 people back from barrier :cry:

ahahaha

I plan on doing that, well at least all of Europe anyway

Already started saving :thumbsup:

Oh and Aska I promise I will get everyones name right this time, in Dublin I kept forgetting everyones names :P:lol:

Archived