The "Words We Might Have Ate" Project

711_Disciple

Let's face it: Green Day fans are amazing. But it's not just because we have an unquestionably awesome taste in music, or because we know how to mosh. We're a group of dedicated, passionate individuals who, despite holding completely different personalities and life stories, somehow share common ground through these three guys from California. Ask a true Green Day fan why this band means so much to them, and all too frequently you get this answer: "They changed my life." The songs, performances, and even the quirky personalities of the trio have inspired amazing stories from fans like these, and each of these stories deserves to be told. This is what we're trying to do.

ETA: The goal, ultimately, is to create (via self-publishing or some other nifty means of technology), a book and/or e-book that, as GDC member Arian put it, is like a "way cooler PostSecret book", something that can be appreciated by the Green Day fan community. :)

We've set up a website for the purpose: http://lettrs2greenday.webs.com/

And we're also on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=142627675772859

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a great idea. I'm so glad you decided to make a thread, and I hope people are willing to contribute. I already sent you my email. =D

Before anyone says this should be in "links" - I think it can stay here since it's a project for Green Day fans to get involved with.

Before anyone says this should be in "links" - I think it can stay here since it's a project for Green Day fans to get involved with.

See, 711_Disciple? I totally called that. ;D

That's a great idea! I'll probably send something in (:

What is going to happen with it? Is it just going to be some sort of a big collaboration of stories, sitting on the internet, that people can read? I know it says "We can't promise where these will go", but I was just curious :happy:

That's a great idea! I'll probably send something in (:

What is going to happen with it? Is it just going to be some sort of a big collaboration of stories, sitting on the internet, that people can read? I know it says "We can't promise where these will go", but I was just curious :happy:

To be honest, we've been looking into self-publishing in a book and/or e-book type of thing? To make it artsy and whatnot. I should probably add that to the description, I'll do that now. :)

To be honest, we've been looking into self-publishing in a book and/or e-book type of thing? To make it artsy and whatnot. I should probably add that to the description, I'll do that now. :)

Ohh, okay. Even better! :thumbsup:

That's an amazing idea. I might send something in. :)

If we write something, should we just acttach a word document to the mail?

this.is.AWESOMEAMAZINGAL;SDFJA;SLDKJFASDLFJCUKINGLASJDFLAS;DJFAL;SDL woooooooooooo hoooooooo!!!!

That's an amazing idea. I might send something in. :)

If we write something, should we just acttach a word document to the mail?

Yeah, that would work, or you could copy and paste the text into the body of the e-mail. If there were any problems (i.e. I had a different version of word that didn't convert) I would let you know. :)

this.is.AWESOMEAMAZINGAL;SDFJA;SLDKJFASDLFJCUKINGLASJDFLAS;DJFAL;SDL woooooooooooo hoooooooo!!!!

The support for this is making me smile. :banana:

Yeah, that would work, or you could copy and paste the text into the body of the e-mail. If there were any problems (i.e. I had a different version of word that didn't convert) I would let you know. :)

i see. Thank ya. :happy:

This is awesome! I'd love to take part! :D

I'll be sure to send something in as soon as possible.

I really want to send something in. Is there a deadline?

I feel like this is a way cooler PostSecret book.

I'm really really excited for this! :) What an excellent idea. Can't wait to read everyone's stories.

I'll definitely post something in a few days. :)

how are you going to decide who's to put in and whos not to put in?

I think it's just a website. Everyone can be put in then...

I think it's just a website. Everyone can be put in then...

no but it says not all are gonna be sent to green day though

Archived