'Thank You' Signs!

Abbey.

im sure y'all just caught the tweet about the THANK YOU signs that were held up last night at the East Jesus Nowhere, Virginia show. I made up 50 signs that said THANK YOU and passed em around to folks in the pit. It was something I saw the folks at the PARIS SHOW do and I thought it was AWESOME AS FUCK.

Lets keep the tradition going!!!!! THANK YOU SIGNS at each show! Those boys are sweating their ASSES off for us on this outdoor venue summer tour.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats a badass idea :]

just like randomly pass them around during a song or..?

In Paris, people gave the papers in the waiting line all day long, and it was written on the back "You have to hold it during Good Riddance, the last song". And it worked :)

I still regret I didn't bring a huge THANK YOU sign at my show :(

All I wanted to do after the concert was say a huge 'THANK YOU' to them.

This such a great idea! :) ..I'll have to make some before the show in Detroit, they definately deserve all the thank yous in the world.

Aw, great idea, it would be really cool if that gets done at more shows. I couldn't actually see their reaction to it in Paris (too far away :(), but apart from that it's sweet and they definitely deserve the thank you's, it also looks pretty cool from up in the seats. :happy:

I think this is such an awesome idea. I saw the pics from Paris and it looked amazing, obviously we know the band appriciate it too :D

Right after I read his tweet about this, I immediately thought about that the same thing happened in Paris as well. :lol: But yeah, that's a really great idea. I hope people will do it again at the concerts.

I still have my Paris sign :happy: Althought I always thought "thank you" sounded a bit more sincere.

Thats so cool, and a really lovely thing to do, it should deffinantly be done at everyshow they deserve the biggest thank you in the world!

I wish I wasn't so far back at the show I'm going to or I'd do it. Maybe I'll make one and see if people will pass it up.

I wish I wasn't so far back at the show I'm going to or I'd do it. Maybe I'll make one and see if people will pass it up.

That's what I thought too, cus I think we're futher back than you, but I was just going to pass it to random ppl passing by, Im going to try to find ppl that wouldnt throw it away right away, but Im more worried about security not letting me bring them in. :dry:

Thats a fantastic idea :woot: I really wish someone had thought of it by the time the Europe tour started =/

Definitely a tradition to keep :happy:

That was an awesome idea; & I think that BJ tweeting about it shows how much he appreciated it.

I'll do something like this when I go to my first gd show ever in oct. :D

This is wonderful! Such a great idea, they obviously loved them :) I would love to see pictures of this if anyone has them!

That's a great idea!!!If only green day would come to my country I would have made thousands of these...

that's an amazing idea...unfortunately I won't see them to say ''thank you'' for a long time >.<

it was a great way to show these guys we really appreciate them. yes- a tradition it should be! they deserve the thanks, i don't know how they throw three hour long performances night after night!

Great idea Abbey. Glad you ran with it with the inspiration from the Paris show (don't want the person who did it there to think we don't appreicate their effort!).

And yes, EVERYONE going to future shows should do this. Maybe they can say, "Thank you from GDA/GDC" on some of them. :lol:

Archived