Vote for your 21st Century Icons in Kerrang.

Beathe.

You can nominate your favorite rock icons for the past 10 years in Kerrang!

I searched and I didn't find anything, sorry if it has been posted before or if it doesn't belong here.

Tell us who has changed your life over the last 10 years and why.

We’re planning a very special issue of Kerrang! to celebrate the biggest rock icons of the 21st Century and we want you to tell us who has changed your life over the last 10 years and why.

Is it Gerard Way – the champion of the broken and the damned? Or has Hayley Williams’ own spin on girl power empowered you? Maybe Dave Grohl is your number one choice or how about metal queen Cristina Scabbia?

Get your thinking caps on and send us an e-mail to feedback@kerrang.com with ‘21st Century Icons’ in the subject header nominating your three favourite stars.

Don't forget to include your name, age, where you're from, and why you think your nominations deserve to make our K! chart.

The winners will be revealed in an upcoming issue of K!. Stay tuned

Link =)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted. I think I wrote too much for the reasons bit, it was like a mini essay haha.

i voted

i wish to vote more!!! i really love and respect green day and billie joe ... i wish they win..

i can't really think of any people that have changed my life over the past 10 years. not famous people anyway.

If anyone but Green Day wins this, it will be a joke. No rock group has been more influential this century!

Just voted! After giving my reasons, it made me realized just how much Green Day should win this!

:D

"Hi, my name is Amanda and i live in Northern California. Green Day has had a huge impact on my life. I started listening to them when i was about 16. At this time in my life I had just moved to a new town, felt totally out of my element and didn't have a lot of friends. Listening to Green Day is what kept me sane in highschool. My mom died when i was 17 and without Green Day's music, i don't know where I would be today. They have helped me through tough times in my life countless times and I sincerely thank them for that. I really do appreciate them, and without their music I wouldn't be the person I am today."

I voted. Although the reason why has turned in some sort of Green Day are God-fest :lol:

have u guys read the comments on kerrangs page? they're all about hayley williams -_-

i refuse to let this go to parawhores. i'm sorry. that'll just piss me off to no end.

My god of all the people they could've suggested as examples they thought of..........Gerard Way and Hayley Williams first??? :huh::ermm: :/

I will be making much better nominations than that :D

have u guys read the comments on kerrangs page? they're all about hayley williams -_-

i refuse to let this go to parawhores. i'm sorry. that'll just piss me off to no end.

Well maybe a part of those people thought that commenting was enough and their votes won't get there. And/or a lot of Green Day/other fans just don't bother to comment xD

Uhuh. This won't be another Fuse countdown xD This is Kerrang, (although I don't like Kerrang..) and Green Day deserves to win! :wub:

I wonder what wonderful reasons all the Paramore fans will give why Hayley Williams should win. (no, I didn't bother to read the comments and yes, I know I'm generalizing now which I shouldn't do)

I really dont like paramore ... but at least they had an album out

gerard way .. wtf ... no album recently .. and that man cant sing!

Archived