Green Day in Kerrang's Top 50 albums of 21st century

Ally

Well i just bought this weeks kerrang and the "Top 50 Albums of the 21st Century" is in it, and saw green day were at 17 with 21st century breakdown, flicked through the pages a bit more and low and behold they are at number 1 with American Idiot, nice write up about it, with a picture of green day, sadly i can't scan it, since my scanner is 300 miles away at home, so hopefully someone else can scan it.

(sorry if its already been posted, my mobile broadband won't let me search)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info! It's really nice to hear that. I'll be looking forward for the scans as well! :)

Hey! I was just about to make a thread about this!

I saw the mag this morning and flicked through, and was pleasantly surprised when I saw 21st CB in there, I didn't expect it. Then when I realized American Idiot was going to be number one it REALLY made me smile for some reason, it made my day :happy:

Anyone got it and able to scan it?

D'aw, I should've started a thread this morning when I bought the magazine. I got excited when I was flicking through and didn't see American Idiot in the bottom 30... I knew it just had to be one of the top records... and seeing them as number one made me excite. Yes, excite.

Lemme see if I can go and scan it.

Hey! I was just about to make a thread about this!

I saw the mag this morning and flicked through, and was pleasantly surprised when I saw 21st CB in there, I didn't expect it. Then when I realized American Idiot was going to be number one it REALLY made me smile for some reason, it made my day :happy:

Anyone got it and able to scan it?

i thought it would have already been done by the time i got to make a thread. And yeah, i was surprised to, i was getting higher up the number and thought its not here, its on the cover but its not in here, then when i go to 2 i thought, that means its at No1! lol i didn't think it would be there i thought 2 maybe but not 1 :lol:

That´s awesome! I really can´t think of any other album from this century so far that had a greater inpact on me personally (or maybe even people in general) than AI! I´m looking forward to the scans :)

That´s awesome! I really can´t think of any other album from this century so far that had a greater inpact on me personally (or maybe even people in general) than AI! I´m looking forward to the scans :)

I agree with you. AI had a huge impact on me, as well. I probably wouldn't even be a GD fan, or be the same person that I am today, without AI.

American Idiot at #1? That's awesome! :happy:

21CB being at #17 is pretty cool too, although I love that album more than American Idiot, they're both amazing.

And they really do deserve it too. =]

Yay! Great job guys! GD albums affect me like no other! And they deserve this!

People were complaining that 21CB wasn't doing well in the UK, this may help as Kerrang is apparently big over there.

I wish that I could find Kerrang in Canada, I should be able to, we are part of the British Commonwealth!

Scans please! I'll love you forever!

Amazing. And both in the top 20. I just knew that American Idiot would be number 1. It had so much impact. It just had to be.

This makes me happy. :happy:

Here we go, sorry it took kinda long. My mums computer is slow.

%7Boption%7D

2ch3vw5.jpg

OOOHHH, such lovely dapper people!

I agree with you. AI had a huge impact on me, as well. I probably wouldn't even be a GD fan, or be the same person that I am today, without AI.

same here, massive impact on me, and i would probably have never heard of green day if AI wasn't released

Is it me or do Kerrang always use that photo? :blink:

yeah they do, they always used one image for all through AI era too

Is it me or do Kerrang always use that photo? :blink:

Yeah, they do. It's from the 2005 Kerrang Awards. But it's lovely so I don't mind, although a new photo shoot would be greatly appreciated! But our boys are busy...so concert photos will have to do. SMEXI LION FOREVER!

This made my work day so much better! Thanks for posting the scan! :)

^

^yeah!! I even have a Kerrang Magazine, about the Tubbies with that picture on the cover :lol:

Awesome. I shall be buying Kerrang tomorrow then.

I hate the way Kerrang use the same photos every time Green Day are mentioned too. It's either that one, or the AI picture with Billie folding his arms, or the one where they're walking in a line. Every single time. :down:

Archived