Review/Article about 21CB

J'net

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a great read, thanks for posting J'net! I like the sound of 'masterpiece'

I always thought the album after AI would get slated by the critics no matter what, but it seems to be received well by most so far. I think its also a lot down to Green Day leaving it the right amount of time as well as the quality of the album.

Now go hate this read.

http://www.clashmusic.com/reviews/green-da...ntury-breakdown

What a dick. :lol:

I don't this it's been posted before.

Yeah, that one's been posted, I think in the 21st Century Breakdown (discuss the demo and album) thread. I've already expressed my opinion about people who have such a chip on their shoulders they can't even write a review that has the appearance of objectivity.

I just came over here to post this via sharon m.....

now going to read.

I :wub: you J'net for finding this.

:) I enjoyed a lot of the new information - and it certainly emphasizes how strongly the guys feel about their work.

:) I enjoyed a lot of the new information - and it certainly emphasizes how strongly the guys feel about their work.

Yes, incredible read. Really enjoyed it.

I still :wub: you. You're the best!

"It's like post partum depression" trust Billie to say something like that xD

Nice read, thanks for posting :)

Now go hate this read.

http://www.clashmusic.com/reviews/green-da...ntury-breakdown

What a dick. :lol:

I don't this it's been posted before.

Wow, that was harsh :/

Irregardless of how he feels about the album personally, I can see so many holes in his argument. I'm just too tired to argue about it lol

But I really enjoyed the other review, it was interesting. Interesting to hear that there is an 'evangelist' dub in East Jesus Nowhere... learn something new about this record every day :happy:

Hmm, yeah that was more the kind of review i was expecting. I hope he's way off the mark

What do you mean, that's the kind of review you were expecting?

I've heard far more positive reviews than negative for this album, thankfully... but honestly, critical acclaim usually means so little to me. I just like to hear people brag on them :)

The article that started this thread has caused Billie Joe Armstrong to enter the realm of "role model." The reason: he is a performer with ADHD who has been successful.

What do you mean, that's the kind of review you were expecting?

I've heard far more positive reviews than negative for this album, thankfully... but honestly, critical acclaim usually means so little to me. I just like to hear people brag on them :)

I was just referring to my earlier post, saying that i expected the album after AI to get slated no matter what. But I agree, the general consensus is good and the critical acclaim doesn't really matter, to us.

I was just referring to my earlier post, saying that i expected the album after AI to get slated no matter what. But I agree, the general consensus is good and the critical acclaim doesn't really matter, to us.

Yeah, I was kind of worried that some reviewers would be poised to attack before they even heard the songs. I've been relatively pleased with the positive response so far. The thing I really liked about this article, though, was the new information about how it all came about and some of the inside glimpses of the thinking behind it. I love new information like that :).

The article that started this thread has caused Billie Joe Armstrong to enter the realm of "role model." The reason: he is a performer with ADHD who has been successful.

Hmm... Well, actually, he's already become a role model by being famous, whether he wants the title or not lol

Will someone come to my house and read this aloud to me? I'm too tired to do it myself. :(

Wow, I had actually just finished reading this article right before I came on here. I thought it was quite well-written, and I liked the different focus it took compared to the other articles I've read.

Will someone come to my house and read this aloud to me? I'm too tired to do it myself. :(

I am on my way.

Archived