Green Day Mentioned In 6/28/07 Issue Of Rolling Stone.

TheBullwinkle

There's a small bulletin about Green Day's take on the Simpsons theme song in the new Rolling Stone. Since I don't have a scanner, I'll type it out.

"Green Day aren't just making animated cameos in this summer's The Simpsons Movie - they're also writing the theme song. The rockers - who recorded their guitar-heavy take on the TV show's signature tune last year in San Francisco - added lyrics to the Danny Elfman-penned instrumental. The song will be released as a single on July 24th, three days before the film hits theaters, as well as on the soundtrack."

I don't know if this is considered news, but it is news that they were mentioned in Rolling Stone! :D

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we already knew that, but i never get tired of them being in magazines, especially Rolling Stone

thanks!

btw, July 23rd is my birthday :D

Haha, yeah, I was afraid someone would get mad at me because it wasn't exactly news, but they were in a magazine! I get to see QOTSA on July 24th! :D

Thats pretty cool. I hadn't read that they added lyrics, or that they recorded it last year.

Thanks for posting it. If anyone can post a scan, that'd be awesome.

Thats pretty cool. I hadn't read that they added lyrics, or that they recorded it last year.

Thanks for posting it. If anyone can post a scan, that'd be awesome.

Sorry I posted it in the wrong section. :pinch::cry:

I also wasn't aware that they had added lyrics. I'm not sure how I feel about it, either. I'm glad they added something extra, because I was thinking that just a "punked" up version would be a bit boring, but I think adding lyrics, to just a classic will be pretty out of place.

I also wasn't aware that they had added lyrics. I'm not sure how I feel about it, either. I'm glad they added something extra, because I was thinking that just a "punked" up version would be a bit boring, but I think adding lyrics, to just a classic will be pretty out of place.

I didn't know either. But I'm extremely excited for it; I'm sure the lyrics they added will be interesting. :happy:

Sorry I posted it in the wrong section. :pinch::cry:

you didn't, they always move it after you submit it as news.

just to discuss it.

you didn't, they always move it after you submit it as news.

just to discuss it.

Awesome! Then I'm not as dumb as I thought I was. :happy:

Oh it will be so awsome with lyrics!

Recorded last year......??????

The animators have been working on the movie for over a year, so I'm assuming once GD found out they were in it and were asked to do the theme song, they did it. That was also probably a year ago or so, haha. Does that make any sense?

I think the same thing.

Awesome! Then I'm not as dumb as I thought I was. :happy:

After i see it in the submit news, I put it down in my notebook to add in the next GDA update - then move it to General for discussion.

^ :woot: you have a notebook? i wonder what kind of marvellous secrets it holds... :shifty:

wonder what the lyrics will be like.

Can't wait.

I wonder what sort of voice Billie will sing in? Punk or cartoony but definately not serious.

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST LEAVE IT ALONE... DANNY ELFMAN'S WAS PERFECT... AND TO RE-DO IT AND ADD CRAP TO IT... THAT'S JUST HORABLE!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M SAYING THIS BUT... GREEN DAY NEED'S TO STOP RE-MAKING SH*T AND START MAKING THEIR OWN MUSIC AGAIN!!!

CAUSE IT'S ABOUT F*CKING TIME!!! :verymad:

Making it into a rock song will be cool, I'm down for that.

But adding lyrics, no.

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST LEAVE IT ALONE... DANNY ELFMAN'S WAS PERFECT... AND TO RE-DO IT AND ADD CRAP TO IT... THAT'S JUST HORABLE!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M SAYING THIS BUT... GREEN DAY NEED'S TO STOP RE-MAKING SH*T AND START MAKING THEIR OWN MUSIC AGAIN!!!

CAUSE IT'S ABOUT F*CKING TIME!!! :verymad:

:mellow:

Um.

Well, were there lyrics to begin with? I don't think there were, but hey. I could be wrong.

I don't watch TV that much anymore. Internet consumes my soul.

And I don't think Danny Elfman's going to mind, really. It's just a theme song.

Archived