Green Day is going back to work / Big news tuesday

Fuzz

The official site just posted this

Billie, Mike and Tre are back from summer vacations working hard on new material for the next Green Day album. Stay tuned for more news next week...

i was told last week that the guys went back to work August 21st. I'm not sure exactly what they're doing right now, I would imagine they would be working on demos for the new album, and not recording it yet. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the official site posts some more details - or if we get the Q&A back from them soon. the first question I asked was for an update on where they're at with the new album.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's good that they're working on it. i just want their new album to come out already :/

I'm glad they're going back to work from their much deserved break. I think Billie mentioned he already wrote a couple of songs so they should have a headstart. Can't wait to hear more.

Fantabulous! It'd be cool if they did some stuff with their side projects too.

Awesome, I hope it doesn't come out soon cos I don't think i can take the excitement of two new albums coming out hahah. [mcr]

So yeah, great news :D

I doubt the next album will come out till maybe the summer or fall of next year. didn't they start American Idiot around this time in 2003, or was it early 2004?

That's great news. It'd be great if we had a Winter release for next year, but even that might be pushing it. To be honest i don't mind waiting, so long as we get some updates along the way.

Yeah, i agree that they can and should take as long as they need or want. But it'd be nice to get good updates along the way. I think thats what kept us sane for 4 years after Warning - well plus I.S. and Shenanigans. but hopefully the only reason they have been pretty absent from public is because they wanted a nice long break, and hopefully now they'll be giving us some more updates. i like updates. :)

breaks are good, if the rushed back into the studio the album would probably be shit or a bad copy of american idiot. like andres said as long as we get updates i think we can all cope. hah.

yea finally some decent news

i've felt so stretched away from them, glad to hear they've been replenished and ready to rock

oh the anticipation

Yay! It seems like it's been forever. Good to hear though. Can't wait! :D

I'm also looking forward to seeing the site updated..it's about the right time to make the end of the AI era a little more concrete.

Archived