02 - Bang Bang

Lone

3 minutes ago, XPursuitOfEpicnessX said:

The only song I can think of at least in this decade that had to do with the perspective of a shooter was "Pumped Up Kicks" and although it sounded more light hearted and poppy, it did very well. Most people don't even pay attention to the subject matter. I think this song being a hit has absolutely nothing to do with the dark subject matter honestly. I think at least on modern rock/alternative stations it will be played a lot. People really appreciate this song. It's amazing.

The Offspring did Hammerhead, though it's nearly a decade old at this point.   BANG BANG is reminiscent of The Offspring sound, which is a good thing.      

• Like 1

Just now, thatdude03 said:

The Offspring did Hammerhead, though it's nearly a decade old at this point.    

See I didn't even know that was about that same thing, never paid attention!

• Like 1

Here's my opinion about Bang Bang.

I'm a huge fan of Green Day since American Idiot (I'm 25) and it safe to say that I love each album of the band. So cleary I waw very excited to listen to the new record and Bang Bang.

With this first single, well, I have to say that I'm a little disapoited. I think the song is pretty cool, it reminds me St Jimmy or Dirty Rotten Bastards, but it wasn't what I excepted with the return of Green Day. To me, the song doesn't have a riff or a chorus that you can easly remember like past singles like Basket Case or American Idiot or even Know Your Enemy. In a way, the song is maybe too hardcore for a first single. It may sounds stupid but I love to share the songs that I'm listening with friends or relatives and Bang Bang is cleary too "violent" to fast to say "Hey that's the new Green Day"

The song is out since two days now and I cleary like more and more but with Revolution Radio I wish I will have songs to relate to. I'm a French, a Parisian and maybe it's still too soon today to want to sing about a mass murderer. Even if it's could be cathartic, I'm not in the mood with the recents events.

So, I hope Revolution Radio will bring songs that touch me and give me chills like the past records.

PS :Anyone noticed that the part : "I got my photo bomb, I got my Vietnam" sounds like "I am the atom bomb, I am the chosen one" of Christian's Inferno.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rikimaru-sama said:

To me, the song doesn't have a riff or a chorus that you can easly remember like past singles like Basket Case or American Idiot or even Know Your Enemy. In a way, the song is maybe too hardcore for a first single. It may sounds stupid but I love to share the songs that I'm listening with friends or relatives and Bang Bang is cleary too "violent" to fast to say "Hey that's the new Green Day"

I don't know about anyone else but I think it is catchy as hell.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

Oh trust me, you're not the only one. Sure, it's not exactly what I expected in terms of structure but who needs a chorus when there is just so much melodic craziness packed into such a short time... and fuck.. the drum solo, yet another thing I somehow haven't mentioned yet. Fucking awesome.

I hope that little solo is extended live.

& we all shout Hoorah Hoorah:lol:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

All I can think of its ripe for a Billie dance.

Can't wait.

and I'M perverted?  Walking Contraction was a great video, btw.  

48 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

Oh trust me, you're not the only one. Sure, it's not exactly what I expected in terms of structure but who needs a chorus when there is just so much melodic craziness packed into such a short time... and fuck.. the drum solo, yet another thing I somehow haven't mentioned yet. Fucking awesome.

I hope that little solo is extended live.

If that solo is extended live, especially at a concert, and the rest of the album is this fast and powerful,  may my god bless tre cools endurance.

I personally like the 'I'm well fed' lyric...speaks volumes if ya can get the meaning.

• Like 2

Bang Bang , give me fame 

Shoot me up to entertain 

I am the son of a bitch 

And Edgar Allan Poe

• Like 3

Just now, Billie Hoe said:

Bang Bang , give me fame 

Shoot me up to entertain 

I am the son of a bitch 

That's exactly where the song was up to when I read your post.

• Like 2

Hello all! I used to be around GDC a bit during the trilogy, but forgot my account info by 2015, made this one, and I guess never really posted anything :/ but bang bang has gotten me so pumped up that I had to come back to these threads. I personally think it's exactly what Green Day needed in a comeback effort. It has the energy of earlier efforts like insomniac, but it definitely feels more modern and like a continued evolution of their sound off of 21CB and even better parts of the trilogy (the harmonies and just general structure of the song feel pretty unique to me, as far as a green day song goes). The lyrics are excellent, the guitars sound powerful and tre absolutely kicks ass on this track. Needless to say, I'm hyped for Revolution Radio, and I believe the bunch are ready to put out one hell of an album :)

Edited by falconsroach7
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Private Ale. said:

" i wanna be a celebrity martyr" part is insane.Best part of song IMO. and i don't even know what it particularly means.

I know exactly what you mean! Something about the delivery of that line threw me back to holiday or something!

On 11/8/2016 at 0:06 PM, Andres said:

Seriously this song is so fucking good. It reminds me of American Idiot in the recording sound of it. Just the guitars and vocals sound so good. Love the speed, love the change up, love the guitars right at the start. 

At 1:28 I actually think it sounds a lot like a part from St. Jimmy for about 4 seconds, don't you think?

2 hours ago, mrduckygoosy said:

Right ! But it sounds even more like "Light of a silhouette, He's insubordinate" from St. Jimmy to me.

Just read this! I agree!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gerardsangel4977 said:

Okay. Initial reactions to all of this are A) th DJ that said this sounds like Dookie is definitely on crack. Insomniac maybe, but Dookie?! O.o B

Are you serious?! I don't think it has an Insomniac sound at all. Only Insomniac sounds like Insomniac. Unfortunately they have never gone back to that sound.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dai. said:

Are you serious?! I don't think it has an Insomniac sound at all. Only Insomniac sounds like Insomniac. Unfortunately they have never gone back to that sound.

yeah, I don't really think it sounds like Insomniac either, but if trying to make a comparison to older Green Day, it definitely shares more in common with that than it does with Dookie, which doesn't have anything approaching this heavy on it.

• Like 1

Yeah, as I've said before on this forum, I get a faint Offspring vibe off parts of "Bang Bang", mainly the opening riffs and the Middle-Eastern-sounding bridge.

• Like 4

i've had it on repeat since it was released. not even kidding, i listen to it at every opportunity i get.

• Like 4

Bang is a great lead single. On a surface level, it works the same way American idiot and know your enemy did which signals good things for the commerical viability of this record vs the trilogy. I think I actually prefer oh love as a song but oh love was a terrible lead single. Mid tempo nonballad songs aren't exactly what casual music consumers look for in green day. The most successful singles that people love are fast punky vaguely political songs (idiot, holiday, enemy, bang bang) or cathartic ballads (boulevard, 21 guns). Certainly putting the smartest foot forward. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, falconsroach7 said:

Hello all! I used to be around GDC a bit during the trilogy, but forgot my account info by 2015, made this one, and I guess never really posted anything :/ but bang bang has gotten me so pumped up that I had to come back to these threads. I personally think it's exactly what Green Day needed in a comeback effort. It has the energy of earlier efforts like insomniac, but it definitely feels more modern and like a continued evolution of their sound off of 21CB and even better parts of the trilogy (the harmonies and just general structure of the song feel pretty unique to me, as far as a green day song goes). The lyrics are excellent, the guitars sound powerful and tre absolutely kicks ass on this track. Needless to say, I'm hyped for Revolution Radio, and I believe the bunch are ready to put out one hell of an album :)

Welcome back! :)

This needs to be the opening song on the tour. I can just picture the radio part as the lights are off, and Mike and Tre and Jason start playing the intro, and when it kicks in Billie runs out with a mic and sings the song without his guitar on (which he usually does for songs this fast). Could be a big explosion and stuff too

• Like 4