02 - Bang Bang

Lone

Omg, I love you Green Day. BEST...MOST AGGRESSIVE...MOST AWESOME..."COMEBACK"...EVER.

#GreenDayIsBack...:dance:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Steven Seagull said:

I love the fact that they haven't ditched the trilogy just because some people hated it, but instead used the same style but upgraded it even more with their early sound. I said in 2012 that Trilogy was like an experiment to go back to their roots and they really did this great with Bang Bang. I hear no punk opera shit in this song, just raw and kickass Green Day

I agree. I think this song absolutely succeeded where the Trilogy failed in terms of sound and trying to get back to their roots.

• Like 1

Yeah, it sounds pretty damn good. Definitely not trilogy-like. Decent guitars and decent lyrics. I hope the rest of the album is like this.

• Like 2

I'm sitting in the lab right now and I've got nothing done yet. Thanks Green Day...

I think it sounds like it should be on 21st Century Breakdown.  It sounds almost the same as East Jesus's Nowhere in many parts. I'm a bit disappointed. 😔

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

I wrote this on Twitter. It's like Kerplunk, Trilogy, Dookie and Insomniac had a baby. Kewl song.

So a Four way?

• Like 2

Just now, Brooklyn Baby said:

wonder if that's a reference to the effects of drug/alcohol on being an entertainer.... (of course someone had to go there).

I'm seeing surprisingly little negativity about this on other social media platforms!

Yup I thought that too. I also thought about just gun violence in general. These people going around with machine guns shooting up cinemas or shopping centres are actually gaining fame and celebrity status. There is double and triple meaning to most things.

• Like 2

Like I said earlier.. I was not too happy with that tracklist but it will probably grow on me.

I didn't want Ordinary World to be on the album but maybe a studio acoustic version of it may change my mind.

4 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

I love the fact that they haven't ditched the trilogy just because some people hated it, but instead used the same style but upgraded it even more with their early sound. I said in 2012 that Trilogy was like an experiment to go back to their roots and they really did this great with Bang Bang. I hear no punk opera shit in this song, just raw and kickass Green Day

Yup, there's no pretentiousness unlike on AI and 21. I love those records, but there admittedly was a lot of self-indulgence going on, especially on the latter, whereas on Bang Bang they're just focusing on making an awesome song.

• Like 1

I am now the proud owner of this song, now that my album pre-order went through. I just need to settle down and then properly absorb this.

I love it. To me it sounds like old, fast Green Day mixed with AI/21CB style Green Day. Couldn't be happier with it :D

• Like 2

Tre is killing it on the drums in this song. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album!

Just now, Jake69 said:

Get out 

No

I used to come here years and years ago. I have as much right as you

All I said was I was a bit disappointed.  Everyone has an opinion.  

Just now, MistressA said:

No

I used to come here years and years ago. I have as much right as you

All I said was I was a bit disappointed.  Everyone has an opinion.  

How DARE you disagree with anyone here.

.....Gotta Get back

Anybody happy that the vinyl, downloads, and membership is only 31 bucks??

• Like 4

Just now, Maid Meringue said:

They threw in a fucking gorilla :lol: I love them 

RIP Harambe

• Like 1