Revolution Radio Promotion and Commercial Performance

Dakke

On 17.10.2016 at 1:07 PM, xXRustyJamesXx said:

anyone knows any numbers of the worldwide sales?

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

206.000 sales in total.90,100 of it in the United States alone (according to Nielsen Music), another 29,500 in United Kingdom (Music Week), estimated 20,000 in Germany (GfK / Media Control), 12,100 in Japan (Oricon), 8,900 in Canada (Nielsen Music),  6,600 in Australia (ARIA).

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dakke said:
BB has 8 million views on YT, Still Breathing 5 million. Say Goodbye is now #31 on YouTube's trending list.

How many views did BB have on Facebook before it was removed? I think it was around 12 million

18 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

How many views did BB have on Facebook before it was removed? I think it was around 12 million

Something like that. BB has crossed the 20 million mark in any case, which is their most-watched video since the Oh Love music video.

16 minutes ago, Dakke said:

Something like that. BB has crossed the 20 million mark in any case, which is their most-watched video since the Oh Love music video.

I feel like Bang Bang will eventually pass Oh Love, or even Still Breathing will if that gets a music video and becomes popular

I hope they release Still Breathing (or any proper single) as soon as possible, because the album needs promotion, as we have seen...

Looking back at other GD singles' date releases, they should do it within next month.

37 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

Maybe they'll release Still Breathing as an official single alongside a music vid? 

Yes,please.

46 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

Maybe they'll release Still Breathing as an official single alongside a music vid? 

I'm pretty sure the next music video will be Still Breathing. The song was called a single in some articels recently, RevRad (the song) wasn't. I hope they'll make an epic video, Still Breathing deserves it!

If they do make a music video for Still Breathing I'm going to need lots of advance notice to prepare myself emotionally.

I'm really curious what route they'll take with a potential Still Breathing video. I personally hope it's more on the simple side and complements the song nicely.

Regarding the Still Breathing video: 

I don't know him, but I think we'll see a video release before the end of November. He's directed a panoply of music videos, from Korn over Lynyrd Skynyrd to Bullet for my Valentine.

2 minutes ago, Dakke said:

Regarding the Still Breathing video: 

I don't know him, but I think we'll see a video release before the end of November. 

Interesting. Might not even be a video for SB. It could be for another song

Just now, MysticManiac said:

Interesting. Might not even be a video for SB. It could be for another song

It could be for Youngblood or Revolution Radio, but I think Still Breathing is more plausible, given its 'mainstream' potential.

http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming

For those interested, Green Day are now #22 in the weekly tracking of sales+streaming with Revolution Radio. They moved one place up, buy the gap between the first week is still huge (95000 and 7500 copies). I can remember that the same thing happened to Muse's Drones with a drop of 1-19 last year.

These figures are still unofficial though.

206k units is actually pretty low compared to other albums. 21st Century Breakdown and American Idiot both sold same or more copies even if counting only US (205K and 263k if I recall). But seen that GD in the last 4 years had a bad commercial performance, with the too underrated Trology, 206k is impressive. It depends...

Just my opinion.

People seriously need to stop comparing to sales from 12 years ago and calling it a disappointment, we are in a completely different era now.  

Albums don't sell in general anymore, with very few exceptions, thanks to services like Spotify where people can listen to the tracks for free.  The lowest selling number 1 albums have all been in recent years.  In fact, in both US and UK, this year has seen the lowest ever sales for a number 1 album.

In March 2016, Rihanna sold only 54,000 equivalent sales (of which only 17,000 were actual pure album sales) to get number one in the US - compared to RevRad's 95,000

In the UK, an album reached number 1 this year with sales of less than 8,000 copies, compared to RevRad's 30,880.

RevRad may not have sold as many copies as AI and 21CB, or even Uno, but in this day and age, it's first week figures are pretty impressive.

Besides, as long as they keep up interest through streaming, they will more than make up for the lower sales in touring.  People are obviously still listening to Green Day from the amount of streams the album has already received.  Bang Bang already has more plays than anything on the trilogy bar Oh Love (which it will overtake any day, 10.7mil against 10.9mil), all of 21CB save for 21 Guns and KYE, the whole Warning Album, all of Nimrod bar Good Riddance, all of Insomniac except Brain Stew (which it's catching up quickly).  

Honestly guys, Green Day are doing just great ;).

2 minutes ago, tomdsjames said:

People seriously need to stop comparing to sales from 12 years ago and calling it a disappointment, we are in a completely different era now.  

Albums don't sell in general anymore, with very few exceptions, thanks to services like Spotify where people can listen to the tracks for free.  The lowest selling number 1 albums have all been in recent years.  In fact, in both US and UK, this year has seen the lowest ever sales for a number 1 album.

In March 2016, Rihanna sold only 54,000 equivalent sales (of which only 17,000 were actual pure album sales) to get number one in the US - compared to RevRad's 95,000

In the UK, an album reached number 1 this year with sales of less than 8,000 copies, compared to RevRad's 30,880.

RevRad may not have sold as many copies as AI and 21CB, or even Uno, but in this day and age, it's first week figures are pretty impressive.

Besides, as long as they keep up interest through streaming, they will more than make up for the lower sales in touring.  People are obviously still listening to Green Day from the amount of streams the album has already received.  Bang Bang already has more plays than anything on the trilogy bar Oh Love (which it will overtake any day, 10.7mil against 10.9mil), all of 21CB save for 21 Guns and KYE, the whole Warning Album, all of Nimrod bar Good Riddance, all of Insomniac except Brain Stew (which it's catching up quickly).  

Honestly guys, Green Day are doing just great ;).

This, thanks beautiful post

2 hours ago, tomdsjames said:

Besides, as long as they keep up interest through streaming, they will more than make up for the lower sales in touring.  

Yeah, especially with those $400 sandwiches. :rolleyes:

Archived