Green Day in the studio 2016

ozoneplayer

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Green Day should just release Stop Drop and Roll again under their name and shock all the Green Day haters. That album is the kind of stuff Green Day should be doing now. Still can't believe Green Day was behind songs the likes of "Red Tide" and "The Pedestrian" and "Dark Side of Night." Just great songs.

Or (since Dos was FBHT's second album) we could have !Doce-Dos! which would be Green Day 12 / Foxboro Hot Tubs III.   They were a brilliant band and I wouldn't mind the other guys joining them on the new album and doing a few songs in that style, but I wouldn't an entire Green Day record with that style only.   (GASP!).    I just had a thought!  An idea!   Green Day have been a band for 30 years now.   The new album could take every sound and style they've done or experimented with and showcase them all!   90's, 00's and present day Green Day, Network and FBHT, Rodeo Queens, Lonely Island, Billie and Norah, Avechi (whatever his name is)........

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

Or (since Dos was FBHT's second album) we could have !Doce-Dos! which would be Green Day 12 / Foxboro Hot Tubs III.   They were a brilliant band and I wouldn't mind the other guys joining them on the new album and doing a few songs in that style, but I wouldn't an entire Green Day record with that style only.   (GASP!).    I just had a thought!  An idea!   Green Day have been a band for 30 years now.   The new album could take every sound and style they've done or experimented with and showcase them all!   90's, 00's and present day Green Day, Network and FBHT, Rodeo Queens, Lonely Island, Billie and Norah, Avechi (whatever his name is)........

Absolutely not! No to that second idea. Also, they never said that Dos was FBHT songs or album. 

3 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Absolutely not! No to that second idea. Also, they never said that Dos was FBHT songs or album. 

Okay, nix that idea.   But they did say that Dos was Foxboro Hot Tubs second album in spirit.  I saw clips of Billie Joe saying that on at least two different occasions.  Back to topic though....a song or two with a retro 60's feel, maybe one with a Network vibe and the rest can be 2016 Green Day, whatever that sounds like.   Does anybody else feel like they can almost HEAR the new album?   Maybe I haven't made a crazy set list in a while and I'm going crazy.   Dunno.  

13 hours ago, Nimrod09 said:
Another guitar update 

I think the guitar's about ready for some stage action

3 hours ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

I think Billie Joe said F*** Time started out as a FBHT song

10 hours ago, Joe Van Winkle said:

I think Billie Joe said F*** Time started out as a FBHT song

It was written as a warm up song for the musical cast, then FBHT played it a few times, but GD started playing it towards the end of the 21st tour.

Guess Billie needed the guitar for July because of rehearsing? Or maybe secret shows? :woot: 

July is almost here.... I hope the announcement is near too.  I think they'll let us know something on the middle of the month.

Well it looks like those guitars are ready to be used.... (a music video being shot, perhaps?)

As for announcing the new album they are clearly waiting for my birthday the 8th July...

Will look great when he smashes it on stage.

I wonder if Jason's guitars and Mike's bass guitars are being worked on as well!!! And I'm hoping Tré will tease us with a new drum head!!!!

Mike already presented us one new guitar on his instagram account, isn't it ? ( a Rickenbaker if i remember well)

2 hours ago, a123 said:

Well it looks like those guitars are ready to be used.... (a music video being shot, perhaps?)

As for announcing the new album they are clearly waiting for my birthday the 8th July...

your b-day is more likely than mine. Mine's July 17th, a sunday this year, I doubt they'd make an announcement on a Sunday, and also, that's Ghostbusters opening weekend, so I doubt they'd try to steal Ghostbusters' thunder haha

3 hours ago, Steven Seagull said:

Will look great when he smashes it on stage.

Haha you're on fire lately :lol:

The guitar looks so good though. Now we're almost in July I guess an announcement may be coming! :D 

Btw, Riot Fest released its final lineup and Green Day is obviously not there. Just for anyone that might had been hoping for it (like me).

5 hours ago, petros said:

Now we're almost in July I guess an announcement may be coming! :D 

An announcement is most certainly coming.

Just now, Nimrod09 said:

What were they 

just one

2 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

They've both been taken down. What were they?

edit: nevermind

I know they don't work so I'm trying to delete my post but don't know how. I can't believe this board doesn't have a delete function. I was trying to post a picture but I have a bitch of a time doing it on this site. So yeah, nevermind ignore my last post.

• Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived