Billie Joe & Avicii, Thoughts?

kiarakoval

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Billie gets some singing time

Rolling Stone had article on this guy. His real name is Tim Bergling and he is from Sweden and mentions his collaboration with Billie Joe.

"There is a song with Billie Joe Armstrong called "No Pleasing a Woman"

Sweeetttttt

If Avicii's past work is any indication, Billie will sing. Probably will sing the whole song. A lot of Avicii's work allows room for the singer to show off so I'm intrigued to hear what Billie does with it.

I don't really have an opinion one way or another on this. Billie can do whatever he wants with music and there's really nothing anyone can say.

Cue the "What happend billy" " greenday use to punx" "i want dokie" comments. Personally im not really interested in this but it doesnt bother me, Billie can do what he wants

http://www.greenday.com/news/avicii-calls-rock-roll-collaborators-follow-true-7113096

Avicii (a.k.a. 24-year-old Tim Bergling) has commandeered a small room as his home studio. He sits surrounded by computer screens and six synthesizers, working on the follow-up to his hit 2013 album, True. Collaborators this time include Jon Bon Jovi, Serj Tankian of System of a Down and Chris Martin of Coldplay. There's a song with Billie Joe Armstrong called "No Pleasing a Woman," and a reggae duet between Wyclef Jean and Matis­yahu. "I love it," Bergling says of the song, "but I don't know what to do with it yet."

This is horrible news.

Good Collaborators on this, don't know what to think about this project. We'll have to wait and give a listen, then.

Sure, why not?! I will either like it I won't, and there it ends for me.

I really like the song title. I'm picturing some sort of bluesy/country ditty (which it won't be), but I think this has some cool potential.

I hate how some gd fans think it's the apocalypse if one of them collaborates with another artist. It's good to experiment and go out of your comfort zone. People would probably still whine if they still churned out 39/smooth sounding stuff because they haven't ~evolved~ :rolleyes:

I'm not really a fan of Avicii's work (I'm just not too big into the dance trend that's taking over Top 40 ... I like some dance artists but his stuff is just so watered down that it's unappealing to me), so I can't say I'm super excited about this, but hey, they could surprise me.

Assuming Billie is singing, I will enjoy him saying things like "there ain't no pleasing a women" :lol:

Assuming Billie is singing, I will enjoy him saying things like "there ain't no pleasing a women" :lol:

My thoughts exactly :lol:

Does anyone remember the Gerard Way (MCR) and Deadmau5 collaboration? I can recall it being a big hit, and I'd love to hear Billie on the radio non-stop instead of all the usual shit that they play nowadays. Heck, if it becomes a hit than I will actually listen to other things than just rockradio.

The Lonely Island collaboration didn't turn out terrible in my opinion, and Avicii isn't that bad either so yeah, I actually do have hope this can turn out to be pretty good, but we'll have to hear it first.

I'm getting more and more excited about this. I want it NOW! :P

Maybe the title should have been "Ain't no Pleasing a Green Day Fan" , or should that go in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread?!

Since this is GDC and it is our inherent right to jump the gun, I will say right now that this will be a single that hits the radio. My only basis is that we have a song title for the collaboration, and come on, this isn't a collaboration people wouldn't expect. I also cannot wait for "Billy Joe no punk", "greenday has suxed since dookie", etc.

Maybe the title should have been "Ain't no Pleasing a Green Day Fan" , or should that go in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread?!

More like the underlying basis of everything on a Green Day fan forum. :)

It will be interesting if Billie's song is the one that is a radio single... it's cool that that's the only one that we have a title for so far, but that could be because he was one of the earlier collaborators. The other artists that Avicii is collaborating with are as popular or more popular than Green Day, with just as many hit songs (Bon Jovi, Coldplay) so I have no idea how he would choose which song to release as a single. Maybe he'll just put 'em all out there, unless Billie's is the best.

If Billie's song gets half the airplay as Wake me Up does I'd still be happy.

Archived