Billie Joe & Avicii, Thoughts?

kiarakoval

Sweden isn't too far off. Maybe he's working his way towards it :P

Scandinavia... He's gonna do a project with Santa Claus and Elves...SWEET...

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. I find it interesting how vast Billies love of music and musical ability is, Broadway, country, pop, rap- awkward rap hah, rock, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I struggle to think what it's going to be like. Hopefully it turns out well :D.

this is going to be weird imo

"So wake me up...when september ends."

So, now that I actually know who Avicii is, hell yes, this is exciting!!!! I'd love to see what they come up with! :)

I'm really excited about this. I don't know Avicii's work other than Wake Me Up, but I do love that song and can see Billie fitting well into that strange folk/electronica genre.

Honestly, I just think it's awesome that Billie is so interested and willing to test out different styles of music. It's so easy to just stick with what you know, but he seems to have a true interest in expanding his knowledge and taking on new experiences. I say good for him.

Just because he's busy with so many music styles doesn't necessarily mean he's GOOD at all of them. Everything rap-related that he did sucked pure balls. The Broadway thing isn't amongst my favorite's either (but then again, Broadway isn't really my thing). The country record was a good one though

This could be really interesting.. we'll see I guess.

So, now that I actually know who Avicii is, hell yes, this is exciting!!!! I'd love to see what they come up with! :)

:) :) :) !!!

I haven't heard much of Avicii, but my hope for a Billie Joe electro/pop/dance style song, would be for it to sound something like Le Tigre, the electro punk band from the 00s. I'm pretty sure Billie was a Le Tigre fan, considering he is friends with Kathleen Hanna and was a big Bikini Kill fan. Stylistically, this is the only sort of electronic/pop/punk/dance music that I personally can imagine Billie's vocals sounding good on. Either way, i'm curious!

Let's see what happens, I think it could be cool. I actually liked what he did with The Lonely Island :lol:

Well I loved his work with The Lonley Island, so pretty sure I'm gonna love this too!

Just because he's busy with so many music styles doesn't necessarily mean he's GOOD at all of them. Everything rap-related that he did sucked pure balls. The Broadway thing isn't amongst my favorite's either (but then again, Broadway isn't really my thing). The country record was a good one though

Yeah but if an experiment doesn't turn out well (or to your taste) it doesn't mean it was a bad thing to do it, even if the resulting song isn't good trying out new styles can keep him creative/motivated/inspired. Better to try out all kinds of stuff and have some hits and misses than not bother at all.

Being honest, it's not my kind of thing, but I wish him all the best with it.

Has this actually been officially confirmed or is it still rumours

Well as far as we know, Avicii himself said it. No reason to believe he's lying. Unless he was misquoted and instead meant he wanted to work with Billie Joe, not that he would. But besides that first news release, no new info.

Well as far as we know, Avicii himself said it. No reason to believe he's lying. Unless he was misquoted and instead meant he wanted to work with Billie Joe, not that he would. But besides that first news release, no new info.

Ahh okay because that's what I thought the initial new said anyway that he wanted to work with him not nesserialy stating he has or is going to

Got this tweet earlier.

In the newspaper today. Avicii is as Swedish as I am, so we get a lot of news from him. Guys. It's official

Dunno what it says or what they mean by "it's official" - but here it is anyway.

gGsmw7u.jpg

Eh, don't really like Avicii, so I don't care either way.

Sounds cool, I'm excited to hear it! I don't listen to Avicii in my spare time, but he's definitely among the people I like when I hear music in other places (party, radio, etc). Pretty cool that Billie is branching out so much.

Rolling Stone had article on this guy. His real name is Tim Bergling and he is from Sweden and mentions his collaboration with Billie Joe.

"There is a song with Billie Joe Armstrong called "No Pleasing a Woman"

Rolling Stone had article on this guy. His real name is Tim Bergling and he is from Sweden and mentions his collaboration with Billie Joe.

Cool. Do you have a link?

I read it in the new issue with Lana Del Rey on the cover I just got in the mail.

Intriguing!

Archived