Billie Joe & Avicii, Thoughts?

kiarakoval

Some years ago Hip-Hop artist Kid Cudi also wanted to collaborate with Green Day. Luckily nothing happend yet.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some years ago Hip-Hop artist Kid Cudi also wanted to collaborate with Green Day. Luckily nothing happend yet.

Cudi is pretty good they'd could make a pretty good song imo

The fact that Avicii also apparently has Chris Martin and Brandon Flowers collaborating makes this more intriguing to me. It's like he rounded up all the different rock band superstar frontmen and they all met and agreed to do this or something.

I hope this turns out great :happy:

I remember when Hayley from Paramore made the collaboration with Zedd and at first I didn't pay too much attention to the song but now I really like it! Hopefully, Billie will be singing instead of writing :lol: OR writing AND singing :P

As long as Billie is involved in the music industry...good things will happen.

I didn't know that, I wish it happened. Kid Cudi is great

Ooooooh. I'm scared and excited! :woot:

It's in today's newspaper as well! It's the same article but I took a pic, just because:

mW3rblm.png

Chris Martin's name is so recognisable these days that the paper didn't add a 'from Coldplay' mention haha.

I'm not into Avicii as a concern, but I'll listen to any collab he does with BJA and then decide if I like it.

There's a part of me that always feels like "ugh, this is taking away from what I really want, new Green Day stuff," and so I'm always hesitant. I know Billie should be doing the things he's interested in and this is me being entirely selfish and wanting him to do things I'm most interested in. But, that's what it is as a Green Day fan. As cool as this stuff is, it's not the main thing I care about. I realize he's not just a music factory for me, but that doesn't mean a part of me isn't a bit disappointed when all these side projects creep up and I just want some new music from them.

If it was actually taking away from new Green Day stuff or holding it up in any way I'd understand feeling that way. But spending probably no more than one day recording one song in a studio on a day that he probably would've spent at home or surfing or something otherwise doesn't hold up Green Day stuff coming out at all. If anything it might even speed it up by getting him in the mood to write music/songs, he'd probably be slower and less prolific in writing Green Day stuff if he never did other stuff to help keep him inspired. It's not going to have any negative effect on Green Day/the length of time before new Green Day stuff comes out whatsoever.

No real thoughts, just curious what it'll be like. If Billie is happy it's cool :) I guess we all know the boys of Green Day like so experiments and new paths some times, it's nice to see how they keep themselves from going crazy by doing some sideprojects. Maybe it'll inspire them to write the best album yet ;)

I'm not fan of Avicii's work, but I have to say that i I like the stuff he done with Aloe Blacc so I'm looking foward to that duo.

What about kill the DJ shit?

That is not literal, much like most Green Day songs "DJ" refers to those running news channels and radio station programming, dictating what is good to talk about and what's good music to play.

I am always hesitant when I hear whoever Billie is teaming up with to do whatever, but I usually enjoy it. I tend to like his singing, and whatever creative contributions he makes make it interesting enough for my taste. I don't know anything about Avicii but I am sure I will check out the resulting project at the very least (should it come to fruition). When Billie Joe first started "branching out" a bit outside of Green Day, I wasn't sure about it. He is "Green Day" in my mind. But in reality he is a musician. He loves music and it's pretty clear he's not gonna be stuck in a box anymore.

The fact that Avicii also apparently has Chris Martin and Brandon Flowers collaborating makes this more intriguing to me. It's like he rounded up all the different rock band superstar frontmen and they all met and agreed to do this or something.

That makes sense. Although somehow Coldplay and the Killers are a little more "dance" sounding (though as I said I have not heard Avicii)

Something I hadn't considered until now is the fact that this could influence Green Day's music in some awesome way. It's another style under Billie's belt and if it seeps into future Green Day songs it could be really exciting. Has pop-punk-dance music happened yet?

Something I hadn't considered until now is the fact that this could influence Green Day's music in some awesome way. It's another style under Billie's belt and if it seeps into future Green Day songs it could be really exciting. Has pop-punk-dance music happened yet?

Posted the wrong one :P

Fair enough then :P

But yeah, that's a good point. Rock The Casbah is fucking epic.

I really like Avicii so if they do collab I would definitely be interested. Though that's not a guarantee that I will like it.

This is not something that I need. I recognize that outside projects are always likely to inform the "main" Green Day, but I still like for it to be Green Day... they can change just not all at once. I need some time to warm up to it.

This is not something that I need. I recognize that outside projects are always likely to inform the "main" Green Day, but I still like for it to be Green Day... they can change just not all at once. I need some time to warm up to it.

Green Day isn't going to just put out a pure dance pop record ever, but even if they did, technically we've had about 25 years and 11 albums to warm up to the idea.

Oh, that's nice. I like Avicii.

BUT I'M STILL WAITING FOR DAMN NORWEGIAN BLACK METAL ALBUM.

Oh, that's nice. I like Avicii.

BUT I'M STILL WAITING FOR DAMN NORWEGIAN BLACK METAL ALBUM.

Sweden isn't too far off. Maybe he's working his way towards it :P

Archived